Ratings for Dr. Omolayo Famuyide

I have to disagree with the negative comments, I first went to Dr. Famuyide in the walk in clinic for my class 4 drivers license medical. I begged her to take me on as a patient. I had a family Dr. in Burnaby for 34 years, a typical wait in the waiting room was 45 min. to an hour and then another 10 to 15 minutes in the exam room before he came in. The last time I went to him I went for several tests before going to a specialist, I called to remind them to send the results to the specialist and none were passed on. I and the specialist were not impressed. Every appointment I have had with Dr. Famuyide I wait in the waiting room for maybe a minute or two, Katie the assistant always take me in right away. I then wait in the exam room for maybe a few minutes to the longest was five minutes. This is heaven compared to my previous Doctor. I am so relieved with the awesome care I am receiving now, I feel Dr Famuyide listens to my concerns and goes out of the way to be very thorough. I have respiratory issues and she was going to send me to a specialist to manage my condition, I declined because I am comfortable with her managing my issues and medications. I did not think I would ever go to a female Doctor but have found a good one.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2018

So rude. The second she walked in the room I felt like she was judging me. I tried to be nice to her and I commented on how beautiful her hair is and she just gave me a cold shoulder. I left her room with more questions than answers . So rude

flag | Submitted January 6, 2018

After having an incredible doctor for the last 25 years, it is hard to start anew especially since I was specifically looking for a young, female GP. Dr. Famuyide is exactly what I was looking for:- very knowledgeable, bright and friendly.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2017

She was the worst doctor I have ever had the unfortunate luck to be stuck with in a walk in clinic. I won’t get into details but she made me feel like I was stupid for thinking my baby could get the illness I had (which he can actually) and she didn’t do anything to help me. She made me feel bad because the staff at the front desk didn’t register me correctly and she also made my husband and I feel bad for asking her a questions. She seriously did an annoyed “sigh” sound at us. I left and cried in my car and will absolutely never be going back there.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

I visited Dr. Omolayo for a simple medical issue that can be treated with a prescription. She stated that I did not have what I said I had, so she sent me off with a prescription that I brought to my pharmacist. My pharmacist took one look at the prescription and said she hadn't seen that medication in over 15 years! Nevertheless the pharmacist couldn't help me since she didn't carry that medication! I went to shoppers, and they didn't carry it either. I called the walk in clinic 2 days later for a follow up for my test results. Sure enough I was right, and the Dr was wrong. 3 days of suffering for absolutely nothing. Thanks Dr!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

worst doctor ever! What a terrible human being... I feel so bad for anyone who gets stuck with this thing

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

This doctor was so rude and condescending today. Spoke to me like I was a child. I am 51 years old. Actually reprimanded me for not sufficiently informing the staff up front why I was there. Absolutely no bed side manner. Appears she does not like her job. Will never see her again.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2017

I needed a new gp and set up a meet and greet with her. I was put into the exam room where I waited for 35 minutes for her to come in. Then she opens the door sees I am there and closes the foor to talk to someone in the hall for another 5 minutes. It was a personal conversation. When she comes in she doesnt apologize for the wait. Just tells me she doesn't prescribe prescription marijuana or give narcotic prescriptions. I had put on my application that I had a family doctor but that I wanted to switch as I did not feel he competent anymore. I explained some of the issuses I had with him and she said it didnt matter I was stuck with him. Then she quizzed me about whether her staff asked me about whether I had a family doctor. The way she talked about her support staff to me was very unprofessional. Then she told me I couldnt have a new gp as it wasn't fair to newcomers to town as they should get any openings. Then she said I could try her again in 6 months to see if she still had space. I said no thanks. I found her rude, condesending and presumptuous. I would never want to be her patient or her staff. I actual went to my car and cried in frustration.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2017

I found she had very poor bedside manner, was irritable and borderline rude

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

I'm confused by the poor ratings because I have nothing but good things to say about her. She's friendly, knowledgable and listens. She entertained my toddlers request to have her stuffed animal examined without a second thought. My 2 month old had a herniated belly button which I told her I thought it was and she agreed and didn't dismiss my "diagnoses' right off the bat which I appreciated.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Dr. Omolayo Famuyide's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients