Ratings for Dr. Olivia Potok

I was referred to Potok for skin cancer. It is mild but she told me cancer is cancer. She is very dismissive of my concerns. I let this pass until I got a call from her office saying she is going on maternity leave and I am to go to my gp. I am due for my one year cancer check and she would not send me to another dermatologist. I am to go back to my gp and get a referral for another skin doc. So much for cancer is still cancer. This is a very large dismissal in my opinion. Not sure if I will bother. Apparently she doesn't feel my skin cancer is important so it must not be. Good doctoring! lol

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Potok for almost 6 months and she has not helped in the slightest my skin condition and does not seem to profoundly care that the medications she's given me are not helping. Would not recommend.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

Walked in the office, too many signs, very confusing, girls at the front desk were very difficult to understand, not helpful and acted very arrogant. I then filled out three papers of information. Was taken into a room way in the back sat there for a minute, Dr Potok walked in looked at my face from about three feet away, went on her computer, wasnt listening to me or looking at my skin condition. Said she was sending a prescription to the pharmacist and that was it, she walked out. Terrible bed side manner, not personal or professional. I waited from January til June to actually get in and see her and she gave me maybe two minutes of her time. Seemed like everyone there hated their job and didnt have patience for any patients.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Dr. Potok is wonderful. She cleared up a skin condition that had been bothering me for months that another derm couldn't seem to figure out. She gave me 2 topical prescriptions to try. On incase the other didn't work and it would save me the time in coming back. The first topical almost cleared the incredibly itchy spots in 4 days. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

She is a very experienced dermatologist, she helped control my eczema flare ups and did further testing to determine what causedmy skin to flare up, and her recommended treatment worked quickly and efficiently, when other doctors just made it worse. Thank you so much Dr. Potok for improving my skin condition and improving my quality of life.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

Was on time and knowledgeable. Better appointment than I've had with other dermatologists

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Dr. Potok is not accepting new patients. (June 2017)

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

Not knowledgeable. Dismissive, condescending AF. Remember you're the idiot and she's a specialist. Refuses to agree with any lowly GP's findings, she won't even conduct her own tests but she will give you a well rehearsed soliloquy, wherein EVERYTHING is eczema or allergies. Everything can be solved with unscented products. Even if you've always used them she will repeat this like it's new information for you, the lowly idiot you are. Even if all your evidence would show some other skin condition, including other doctor's opinions, trust me she will go to the lowest hanging fruit and easiest diagnosis that you could get from a product label or Mayo Clinic website. Save your breath, your time and the stress. Just see ANYONE else but her.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

Had a small AK on my head, Dr. Potok quickly, efficiently, and thoroughly resolved the issue. She was on time for both the initial treatment and follow-up. An added bonus for someone who is so busy - she is considerate, a good listener, and has a sense of humour. Thanks Dr. Potok.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

Excellent - takes time to explain options ,treatments. Young Doctor, very knowledgeable, punctual and very professional

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Dr. Olivia Potok's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

MSP/BC Med