No reviews yet posted for this doctor. Be the first to review Dr. Niels Oestervemb!

Dr. Niels Oestervemb's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

RANKED AS NUMBER 1 IN HIS GRADUATING CLASS I graduated as valedictorian (number 1 in my class) from the Royal Dental College, receiving my Doctor of Dental Surgery degree. During my time at the Royal Dental College I was also awarded a 1-year full time scholarship for clinical research, and was subsequently granted my Master's degree with an emphasis on Esthetic Dentistry and Composite fillings (tooth colored fillings). HIGHLY DEDICATED TO HIGHER EDUCATION Following my graduation from The Royal Dental College I finished a General Practice Residency followed by a Fellowship in Advanced General Dentistry at the College of Dentistry, University of Iowa and University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. While I was living in Iowa City, I also met the love of my life, Dr. Amber DeWeerd. For the last 4 years I have been teaching at both the College of Dentistry and The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa, while seeing my own private patients three days a week and practicing the full scope of general dentistry. THE ONLY DENTIST CERTIFIED BY THE AMERICAN BOARD OF GENERAL DENTISTRY IN A 50-MILE RADIUS My years at the College of Dentistry, University of Iowa, allowed me to learn from some of the very best specialists in the country. I put my knowledge and education to the test in 2015 when I became certified by the American Board of General Dentistry (ABGD) and the same year completed my fellowship in the Academy of General Dentistry. The American Board of General Dentistry certifies only 0.5% of dentists. To become ABGD certified you must: • Finish 2 years of residency training after finishing dental school in general dentistry or do a 1-year residency and complete 600 hours of continuing education. • Pass a 6-hour long multiple-choice test with covering all aspect of dentistry. If you pass the test, you can take the final test next year. • Master a 4-hour oral examination that will cover all the different dental disciplines and subjects. • Complete a 4-hour written test where you treatment plan a very complex patient and justify your proposed treatment. If you pass all of these tests successfully the American Board of General Dentistry (ABGD) then finally certifies you. ACCOMPLISHED AUTHOR IN THE FIELD OF DENTISTRY I truthfully love dentistry as both an art form and a science. A big portion of my spare time is dedicated to both keeping up with the most recent research and writing dental articles about new dental procedures and techniques. As a result, my work has been published in numerous peer-reviewed journals. I also co-authored a chapter in a dental textbook on tooth colored fillings (composites). I am also a reviewer for the journal of the Academy of General Dentistry deciding if articles are appropriate for publication or not.

• English