Dr. Nelson Byrne

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Nelson Byrne

Dr. Nelson Byrne is an outstanding Psychologist and I'm so grateful to be his patient. He always explains things in a calm and professional manner; I always sense his deep concern and compassion. He puts me at ease and even though he has a very busy schedule, he always makes time to see me. Without doubt I have the highest respect and regard for him as I have benefitted tremendously under his care. Thank you Dr. Byrne; it has been both rewarding and a pleasure learning so many valuable skills that make life so enjoyable. After only 6 visits, you have enhanced my life in so many wonderful ways!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Byrne to help me with worry and anxiety, as well as trouble sleeping. I was a bit worried at first as I have only ever seen female therapists. However, I felt completely at ease after the first session and Dr. Byrne has been far more helpful than any therapist I have seen before. He really is someone who actually cares about his patients and I trust that he is always trying his best to help me. I am really very grateful to have met him. I can finally see light at the end of the tunnel as my anxiety gradually melts away.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Dr. Nelson Byrne's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Nelson Byrne is the founder and Clinical Director at Connect Cognitive Therapy. He obtained his Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from McGill University in 2006.Dr. Byrne has been a Registered Psychologist in Ontario since 2009. Dr. Byrne offers genuine warmth and a non-judgmental, casual style that quickly allows clients to feel at ease seeking help. He provides psychotherapy for adults (18 years and over) with a broad range of presenting issues including depression and anxiety, managing stress and insomnia, or dealing with challenging medical conditions such as cancer. Dr. Byrne is a member of the Ontario Psychological Association and the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies. He serves on the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors for the Canadian Association of Psychosocial Oncology. After obtaining his Ph.D, Dr. Byrne completed a post-doctoral fellowship in Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy at Royal Victoria Hospital in Montreal. He then completed a second post-doctoral fellowship in Health Psychology at Robert Wood Johnson School of Medicine and Dentistry (MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper University Hospital) in New Jersey. Dr. Byrne has 10 years experience as a clinician, researcher, and educator. This has included seven years experience working as a Psychologist at Credit Valley Hospital (Trillium Health Partners). He also tutors medical students at the Mississauga Academy of Medicine, University of Toronto.

• English

• McGill University (Grad. 2006)

• Cognitive behavioral therapy
  • Anxiety
  • Insomnia
  • Depression (major depressive disorder)
  • Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
  • Adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)