Ratings for Neelam Sandhu

We’d been trying to conceive our second for about a year, and after a miscarriage in Spring, and several failed attempts of IUI, I sought out Dr. Sandhu in July, seeking treatment for fatigue, stress, anxiety and fertility. From my very first visit with Dr. Sandhu, I felt an incredible shift in my energy levels and frame of mind. Fast forward to October, after about 6 sessions with Dr. Sandhu, I’m now nearing the end of the first trimester of pregnancy, feeling calm, centered, and positive. I couldn’t be happier! And I am so grateful for Dr. Sandhu’s care and guidance. She is extremely knowledgeable, insightful, caring and takes the time to listen. Dr. Sandhu is a wonderful acupuncturist and I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2019

I have Crohn's disease and was managing it fairly well through diet and exercise (and without prescription medication) but would still have the occasional bout of discomfort, so I booked my initial appointment only on a whim and because it was covered under my benefits and had no expectations. I have now been seeing Dr. Sandhu for over a year and a half and have never felt better! I also noticed that, in addition to helping manage my Crohn's disease, her treatments have also improved my skin and energy levels which was an unexpected (and very welcome) benefit. I highly recommend making an appointment with Dr. Sandhu.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2019

I have seen Dr. Sandhu many times over the last six months, and the treatments she has provided have made a huge difference for me. Chronic stiffness and soreness are gone, migraines have diminished, and my overall health and well-being are better for seeing her. Most importantly to me, my overall outlook is brighter and more positive. Thank you Dr. Sandhu.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2019

I'm so thankful for Dr. Neelam's help, knowledge and compassion. I occasionally deal with very uncomfortable eczema flare ups, it causes me great stress, and I really trust in Dr. Neelam's extensive understanding and experience in aiding the healing process with acupuncture. She's also seen me through more than one bout of depression, I'm so grateful. Her calm attitude is reassuring, and her gentle treatments put me at rest and ease. I recommend her to many, and always will. Thanks Neelam!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2019

Dr. Neelam Sandhu is knowledgeable, caring, listens attentively to your concerns and answers any/all questions you may have. I went to her with a list of ailments including severe vertigo which after 4 visits was completely gone and has not returned. She genuinely cares for your health and I have no hesitation about highly recommending her!

flag | Submitted December 8, 2018

I have gone to Dr. Neelam Sandhu for many ailments and she has helped me tremedously. I have a fear of needles, but she is always understanding and reasurring.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2018

One year ago today, Dr. Neelam Sandhu performed an absolute miracle on my wife. I had picked her up from work and she was feeling absolutely horrible. She had a pounding migraine headache and felt like she was going to be sick. She had bags under her eyes and lines on her forehead and looked horrible. She just wanted to go home, but she had an appointment with Dr Sandhu as she was getting great treatments for back pain. we figured that since she would be laying down anyway, it would help her relax. I dropped her off and Dr. Sandhu immediately saw the problems and gave her a different treatment instead. I picked up my wife an hour later only to find her jumping with joy and smiling that her headache was completely gone. The bags under her eyes and the lines on her forehead were also gone. We ended up going out for dinner and had a fantastic evening together. I could not stop staring at my wife as it almost appeared that she had plastic surgery done to remove the bags under her eyes and the lines on her forehead. Her skin tones and face radiated absolutely beautiful! I could not stop staring at her all night! It made for one of the best valentines I have ever had and I have shared this story with many people already. Thank you so much Dr. Sandhu!!! You performed an absolute miracle we will never forget! Randy and Susan

flag | Submitted February 14, 2018

Dr.Neelam identified a root of a few problems I had, advised me on corrective behavior and initiated significant changes to the best in my overall state of being and performance. Her treatments give me energy and balance me. Thoughtful and knowledgeable specialist!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

My knee pain of 10 years has been gone for two week, after 6 treatments, Dr. Neelam is honest, in saying it may not be 'cured' but, I am very happy! And, if I have pain again, Iwill go back right away. No one else was anywhere near successful they just suggested pain relief. I have more energy, and absense of pain is an amazing feeling.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2017

A couple of treatments with Neelam and my pain was dramatically reduced. In addition I am sleeping better and have a lot more energy. She is very professional with a great bedside manner. I look forward to the treatments as I find them incredibly relaxing.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

Neelam Sandhu's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Neelam Sandhu is a native Calgarian with an interest in applying Eastern healing techniques to Western lifestyle. She has a degree in philosophy from the University of Calgary and completed her acupuncture and DTCM designation at The Canadian Institute of Traditional Chinese Medicine. Additionally, Dr. Sandhu apprenticed under Master Yi Fu from Cheng Du, China, learning the art of acupuncture for several years. Her treatments relieve a myriad of health issues including both chronic complaints and acute conditions. In her spare time Dr. Sandhu gets walked by her two big dogs and enjoys studying Mandarin. Acupuncture is known to treat a wide range of disorders including: Neurological conditions such as headaches, migraines, difficulty sleeping, nervous tension, stroke, some forms of deafness, facial and inter-costal neuralgia, trigeminal neuralgia, some forms of paralysis, sequelae of poliomyelitis, peripheral neuropathy,noises in the ears, dizziness, and Meniere's disease. Cardiovascular disorders such as high or low blood pressure, fluid retention, chest pain, angina pectoris, poor circulation, cold hands and feet, and muscle cramps. Respiratory conditions such as bronchial asthma, acute and chronic bronchitis, acute tonsillitis, rhinitis, sinusitis, hay fever, chronic cough, laryngitis, sore throat, influenza and the common cold. Digestive system disorders such as toothache, post-extraction pain, gingivitis, mouth ulcers, hiccough, spasms of the oesophagus, gastric and duodenal ulcers, gastric hyperacidity, gastritis, heartburn, hiatus hernia syndrome, flatulence, paralytic ileus, colitis, diarrhoea, constipation, haemorrhoids, liver and gall bladder disorders, and weight control. Urogenital disorders such as cystitis, prostatitis, orchitis, low sexual vitality, urinary retention, kidney disorders, nocturnal enuresis, and neurogenic bladder dysfunction. Gynaecological and obstetric disorders such as premenstrual tension, painful, heavy or irregular, or the absence of periods, abnormal uterine bleeding or discharge, hormonal disturbances, disorders associated with menopause, prolapse of the uterus or bladder, difficulty with conception, and morning sickness. Skin conditions such as eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis, nerve rash, herpes zoster, acne, scar tissue and resultant adhesions, hair loss and dandruff. Eye conditions such as visual disorders, red, sore, itchy or watery eyes, conjunctivitis, simple cataracts, myopia in children, and central retinitis. Musculoskeletal disorders such as osteoarthritis, sciatica, lumbago, weak back, low back pain, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, tenosynovitis, shoulder and neck pain,cervicobrachial syndrome, 'frozen shoulder', and 'tennis elbow'. Sporting injuries such as sprained ankles and knees, cartilage problems, corking and tearing of muscles, torn ligaments and bruises. Psychological conditions such as depression, phobias, emotional disturbances, anxiety, nervousness and addictions such as smoking.

UnitedHealthcare