Ratings for Dr. Mustafa Farooque

This Dr does not know what he is doing. He had me do absolutely nothing for six months and remain in a back brace. Then, he spent our last visit trying to push me into asking for pain medication and telling me that my back is fine and that I should go back to work as a full time landscaper. ?? I was immobile for six months and completely out of shape. Worse yet, he got up and walked out in the middle of the visit. Now two and a half months later, after some light rehab and a new set of Drs, even light activity caused my compression fracture to re-fracture; which, I know find out is common in compression fractures. I told him that if he send me back to work full time and I re-fracture my back that it was his fault. He did not care and simply told me that it was my choice what work I did. Initially, I thought something was wrong because he told me that my injury was minor and not a problem. He said it was "nothing to worry about". He treated me like a woman who should just go home and be quiet who's pain and problems were insignificant. I guess this is common for Arabic men to treat women this way; however, I never thought I would experience this as a female patient in this country.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

Dr. Mustafa Farooque's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients