Ratings for Dr. Michelle Boldt

The best doctor I have been to for my mental health

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

This is the first time in 25years that I've actually felt listened to by a psychiatrist. Dr Boldt doesn't put words into my mouth or try to tell me how I feel. She lets me speak and have an opinion- whether its the same as hers or not. I feel like I've been able to become my own person and that is helping me improve in my mental health more. Even when there's been disagreements on things... no judgement is given and the situation works out fine because we respect each other.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

Michelle is a truly exceptional psychiatrist and health care professional. I've seen many a doctor for my eating disorder, but she is the first to help me bring about real and most importantly long lasting change. Her warmth and gentle demeanour is so appreciated, yet she is firm when needed. Her knowledge is broad, so too of medications. I feel so blessed to have her as my therapist and honestly cannot speak more highly of another health care professional than she. Thank you, Michelle!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017

I've been seeing Dr Michelle Boldt for a number of years. I was very unwell when I first met her, although I didn't realise it. Naturally I resisted treatment - at first. Michelle was patient but firm. In the years that I have been seeing Michelle I have come very far indeed. Much of the progress that I have made I owe to Michelle. She has been unwavering in her care and support. There are no easy answers or roads to betterment with mental ill-health. But Michelle has helped me think about myself and my life and the the way I live my life in terms that I can now live with - and that is saying something. What successes I have achieved in the latter part of my life I owe to her. In the course of my treatment, she has treated me as an equal, with dignity and respect. I have never felt judged by her. I have only respect and praise for her.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

I've been seeing Michelle for nearly three years now. It's the longest I've stayed with a psychiatrist in the nine years I've been unwell. She doesn't over medicate at all, which I love, because previous doctors I have seen have pushed meds on me like crazy. She's firm with her optinion, but not in a harsh or derogatory way. She honestly has saved my life. I've had the least amount of admissions and episodes of self harm with her than I have with any psychiatrist. I've opened up to her about things I have been to scared to with previous doctors. I love that she works in a team; this approach has been incredibly beneficial to me. Couldn't recommend her enough!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

Inarguably the worst practicing Psychiatrist out. She does not connect with her patients, she does not act according to 'Duty of Care' guidelines, letting many of her patients spin right out of control mentally and physically. She is too consumed in her own ideologies and beliefs that 99% do not match treatment nor the patient and progression - fact from multiple patients experiences. Do not see her. Horrible, sadistic, lonely individual.

Submitted August 7, 2016