Ratings for Dr. Michael Ow-Yang

The service was amazing and the staff members were excellent and were so helpful with my operation dr Michael Ow-Yang told me all about my operation. He kepted me informed with my operation and was so helpful. I am now fixed up

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

Excellent surgeon. He kept me well informed of what to expect from surgery and delivered above and beyond for level of care and service. I had great confidence in him going into a very complex and frightening procedure and he made me feel at ease.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2016

Unbelievable surgeon. Cervical spine surgery and not an ounce of pain afterwards. Should be #1.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

I was most impressed - after seeing many neurosurgeons I have found one who I have complete faith in. He fixed the mess another surgeon had performed.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

I had my consultation with Dr Michael Ow-Yang today and was taken back by his total professionalism across the board. Dr Ow-Yang was pleasant to deal with, informative, totally professional in his approach/advice and delivered a precise achievable program with realistic goals which will hopefully lead to future positive outcomes.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

Professional, kind and extremely knowledgeable. Three of my friends recommended I see Dr Owyang one of them is a ward nurse who sees all neurosurgical patients after surgery. My nurse friend advised me to see him because his patients recover faster, need less pain relief and do better than any of the other surgeon's patients. She did tell me that he rarely operates and is very conservative in who he recommends surgery to - this was great for me to hear as I didn't want someone cutting into me unless absolutely necessary. I took her advise and went to Canberra because he had a long waiting list in Wagga (as expected from one of the top neurosurgeons in the country). I underwent my spine operation in Canberra and was discharged two days later. I did still need some endone for wound pain but over the next 2 weeks I was able to wean myself off these. His follow up nurse Lou was also great. I had a smooth professional experience and I cannot recommend him enough.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

Arrogant and unprofessional doctor. The radiologist's interpretation (at Regional Imaging, Wagga Wagga) of my SPECT/CT scan was a full 2 vertebrae off the mark. Upon raising this with Dr Ow-Yang and asking if he agreed with the interpretation he refused to even take a glance at the original scans, saying that's not his area, he leaves that up to the radiologist. Thus he gave me prescription for steroid injections at wrong site. Also when asked he wouldn't take a minute to write a short note for me putting in writing that he had recommended I abstain from repetitive work from now on. Basically pushed me out the door at end of allotted time. Ignored me when I thanked him. I'd hate to think how easy it would be for someone to get a full operation at the wrong site just because the professional won't look at the scans himself, even after concerns are raised by the patient. I later got in touch with the radiologist in question, which was not easy as I had no support from Dr Ow-Yang and so reception was very reluctant to let me email him, but the radiologist to his credit (if there can be credit after such malpractice) concurred and apologised, and sent new scan interpretation to Dr Ow-Yang. I never received updated prescription from Dr Ow-Yang or heard anything from him, seems he's quite happy to have me go off and get steroid injections at wrong site. I never contacted him asking for a new prescription as my faith in "professionals" is totally shot after this experience, and I don't want them putting needles anywhere near my spine if I can survive without it.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014