Ratings for Dr. melonie macdonald

I am in the process of filing a law suit against Dr. McDonald. She convinced me to replace my perfectly good bridge of 30 years with another so it would be more aesthetically pleasing. I agreed. Less than three years later it fell out of my mouth eating a peanut butter sandwich. The office refused to help me since I had moved to another general dentist. Additionally, she while she was performing a root canal, a piece of instrument broke off and lodged in my molar. She directed me to a specialist who was unable to remove the piece of instrument. I had to pay the specialist for that procedure and Dr. McDonald had the audacity to try to charge me to finish the root canal. She assured me that the tooth would never be a problem. A few months ago it was revealed (as a result of seeing a specialist about the bridge) that this has fractured and needs an implant. I am looking at over $10,000 in repair work. I will let the courts decide the outcome of this.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

I highly recommend Dr Macdonld as a family dentist. She has been our dentist for many years. We travel regularly from southern B C to see her for our dental care! Would not see anyone else! Ten stars all the way!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Macdonald for 15 years. She is one of the most thoughtful professional dentists one could ask for!! I actually drive from Calgary to Edmonton to see her for any work I need done.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

I cannot in good conscience recommend this dentist. Her practice should be called into question and I am currently in the process of lodging a formal complaint against her to the College of Physicians and Surgeons or other governing body for dental professionals. Dr. Macdonald created and attached two crowns for me and both have failed in less than five years. I went back to see her when the first one failed and she reattached it. That crown just fell off one day. There was no glue or breakage, so she was able to reattach it. Yes, she charged me for the service. Well, today the same thing has happened again. The crown came off cleanly again. There is no glue or breakage. The second crown failed a few months ago while I was eating roast chicken. That crown broke in half. I have since found an excellent dentist who has been able to repair the damage Dr. MacDonald has done. I hope he will be able to repair this last example of her incompetence as well. I have allowed Dr. MacDonald to provide dental treatment for me three times, and all three times she has demonstrated a disappointing incompetence. I hope this review will help people decide not to go to this dentist. My biggest disappointment in myself is that I was such a slow learner.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

Dr. melonie macdonald's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients