Dr. Melissa Crosby

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Melissa Crosby

Dr Crosby is the intersection of art, science, and compassion. Her work is amazing. I start each day looking in the mirror with gratitude for her beautiful reconstruction of my body post-cancer. You will never find better care! Her team is totally top-notch!

flag | Submitted October 3, 2018

I met Dr. Crosby at MD Anderson in 2014 when I began the toughest battle of my life. She has stood beside me as a physician and offered exceptional care, but more importantly she has become a trusted confident who helps guide my entire journey. She has listened and offered her medical expertise even beyond anyone I’ve ever come in contact with. And when you battle cancer, that list of doctors becomes quite extensive. I am from Alabama and chose to follow her from MD Anderson to her private practice because I can’t imagine not having her on my team. She is simply the best. I’ve been seen by several local physicians for follow-ups and they all want to know who performed my surgeries. Her advanced techniques and attention to detail is always noted and respected. I truly cannot express enough how much I value Dr. Crosby and her team. They are kind, warm, and look at you as a whole person. What is most amazing is that part. The environment filled with compassion is simply the icing on the cake, because Dr. Crosby is simply the best at what she does. In my experience you often have to settle on one of these – with her, you get both! I am so grateful for her gift and I am forever indebted for her professional and personal care.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

There are times in your life that you find yourself going through things you never would have dreamed of. And that is how I met Dr. Crosby and her office staff. Dr. Crosby is amazing! Everyone that comes through her door is treated with respect, kindness, and excellent medical care. In a time when customer service seems to have fallen by the wayside, you’ll find it in this office. Dr. Crosby sees her patients as people, not numbers or dollar signs. She absolutely goes out of her way to take care of her patients, every patient, every time! She listens, you can tell she give your situation deep thought and considers what is in your best interest. Although cancer and all it entails can strip you of your health, self-esteem, pride and dignity, with Dr. Crosby in your corner you can ONLY win!!!

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

I would refer and suggest Dr. Melissa Crosby for any woman seeking breast augmentation. My consultation was not rushed and she answered all my questions with patience and she also provided insight over the procedure and recovery I had not thought of. After my consult the surgery and post operative appointments were professional and of high quality. I am in love with my new physique and appreciate the skills of Dr. Crosby. My implants look natural, their shape and size are proportional to my body and the incision area is not visible in my bikinis or clothes. Also, as a personal trainer I find it very important that implants do not sit or stay away from the sternum plate in the chest..because that can give away a woman's decision to have implants. I prefer to look like I had perfect breasts the whole time, not have people know I had implants put in. Dr. Crosby's before and after pictures of her clients' implants and their position of sitting closer to the sternum, thus looking real and natural is the reason I chose her as my surgeon. Dr. Crosby and her staff are also well educated on the recovery and skin care needed for their patients. I could not be happier with my results and care with any other plastic surgeon; I simply know Dr. Crosby understands the placement of implants as she is a professional woman who wants other women to feel and look their best with natural looking implants. The cost and time for the whole procedure from consult to post operative appointments is affordable and worth it all. You'll be so happy with your results you will want to leave gratuity :) Thank you Dr. Crosby!!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

I was diagnosed with breast cancer at age 39 and needed to have a mastectomy but elected to have a double mastectomy to decrease my chances of re-occurrence. Through the planning and reconstruction process, Dr. Crosby was FANTASTIC to work with. She was compassionate, comforting and knowledgeable. The results that she was able to achieve for my re-construction are nothing short of AMAZING! I have referred friends and family to her and am happy to report that they all share my opinion of Dr. Crosby. God knew what he was doing when he placed her in my life.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2016

Dr. Crosby is, in a word, AMAZING! When my family and I met Dr. Crosby for the first time it was at the beginning of the journey of round two with breast cancer that meant mastectomy and either reconstruction or not. In addition to being a brilliant and gifted surgeon, Dr. Crosby is a warm and caring person. I have had much interaction with surgeons in both my personal and professional life, and she is exceptional in this. She put us at ease right away, and compassionately spoke with me about my options. She saw me as a person, not just a patient, and became my partner in regaining my health. Fast-forward two years and I relish my morning ritual of standing naked in front of the mirror to marvel and give gratitude for the incredibly beautiful body Dr. Crosby gave me. In addition to always being totally present with me at every step of my care, Dr. Crosby has been warm and comforting to every member of my family. She surrounds herself with talented and compassionate professionals and it is a pleasure to go to her office. It would not be possible for me and my family to hold her in any higher regard than we do. Thank you for being someone I am daily grateful for Dr. Crosby!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

Dr. Crosby is an exceptional highly skilled surgeon. I can not express the kindness that she has shown my mother and my family. As a healthcare provider myself, there is no hesitation in giving Dr. Crosby five stars. If you are fighting breast cancer or choosing to have an elective procedure there is no one more qualified or compassionate than Dr. Crosby. She should be your only choice for plastic surgery.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

Dr. Crosby saved my wife's life and for that, I'm eternally grateful! Thank you for all that you've done for our family!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

Dr. Melissa Crosby's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Melissa A. Crosby is a Board certified Plastic Surgeon with microsurgery fellowship training from the prestigious MD Anderson Cancer center, who has been an advocate for patients throughout her career. She specializes in reconstructive surgery for patients with cancer and restorative cosmetic surgery for both men and women. She is known nationally and internationally as an expert and thought leader in reconstructive and cosmetic surgery. She has authored over 60 peer reviewed research articles, multiple book chapters and serves as a reviewer to the top plastic surgery journals including Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Annals of Plastic Surgery, and Breast Diseases: A Yearbook Quarterly. She is also Associate Editor for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery- Global Open.

• English