Ratings for Dr. Mary Liougas

About 6 months ago, I received physiotherapy services and my orthotics from Mary for my plantar fasciitis and knee pain. I felt better within 2 weeks!! I had orthotics made for me to prevent recurrence of the knee and foot problem and I have been symptom free ever since. Prior to being referred to Mary, I had been suffering for 2 years and had visited multiple practitioners with no results. I'm lucky I was able to be seen by Mary.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2019

Mary and her team are great! Due to breastfeeding I had neck and arm pain which troubled me so badly. Mary cured my pains so completely and effectively that the pains never came back again. And she even shared her babysitting experiences to soothe my anxieties. She is very nice and considerate. When my insurance company needs more information, she is always very cooperative and responsible, help me solve any problem with her hard work and expertise.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2019

I have to say that I am very impressed with Mary. I have had a chronic TMJ problem for over 15 years and have worn many different nightguards to help me with it. Mary helped me get to the root of my issues, educated me with various exercises and stretches and guided me with my diet and even how to eat. I can't remember feeling this good ever! I also had an issue with my left knee and she treated that amazingly as well. I could say so much more but I would be here forever. Can't thank her enough!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2019

Mary is fantastic and she is so knowledgeable. She helped me with my TMJ problem when no one else could. I had been suffering for so many years and within a few weeks of treatment and education I was feeling great. I am so happy with her.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2019

Mary and her team are awesome. From the day I started my treatment, I was treated with the utmost respect and compassion. Dealing with my chronic knee pain has been difficult but with Mary's expertise and fantastic team, it has improved a great deal. Shopping for countless hours in a mall was something I couldn't do before, and now with the holidays it hasn't bothered me nearly as much as it used to. I can't thank Mary enough. She is a wonderful physiotherapist and a sincere person.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2018

wish I could give Mary more than 5 stars. I have had TMJ issues for 3 years and have tried everything under the sun - two different mouthguards, chiropractic, massage therapy, other physio. I did my research and saw that Mary specialized in TMJ - I saw her twice a week for two weeks and then once a week for two more weeks and my issues are completely gone! It is not about money for this office - Mary cares about her patients like no other. She asks the right questions, she is attentive, she truly cares about your progress and recovery. I would recommend her and her team to anyone. The office is cleanly, professional and prompt. You won’t be disappointed.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2018

Mary is a great person and physiotherapist, she is very careful in getting the correct diagnosis for her patients and then tries her best to treat them completely and professionally. I am her client with chronic neck and back pain, getting better quickly. Thank you, Mary, for all your efforts.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2018

Mary is an outstanding physiotherapist who goes out of her way to ensure that you receive the best care possible. I had an accident and my jaw was terrible. My dentist referred me to Mary for TMJ therapy. It has been about 2 weeks now and I am feeling much better. I never thought I would feel this good again. I wasn't able to eat properly but now I can and my sleeping has improved quite a bit as the pain is almost completely gone. Thank you Mary!!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2018

Mary is the best. She is not only knowledgeable and helpful, but she is also compassionate and caring. I strongly recommend her. Convenient location, too, with lots of parking.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2018

mary is very professional, from the moment you walk in to the time you leave, but she is also very friendly. She has the balance worked out JUST RIGHT. Her knowledge of the body and her application are "first class". She helped me with my problem and set me on the correct path to wellness. I was so lucky to have chosen her . I give her 5 stars and then some ! Thanks for your wonderful treatments

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

Dr. Mary Liougas's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Mary Liougas studied at The University of Toronto before completing her Physiotherapy degree at Daemen College, New York in 2002. An opportunity to deliver a different style of physiotherapy saw her to establish Bayview Village Physiotherapy, where her extensive experience and perspective is effectively put to full use in dedicated one-on-one treatment sessions. Throughout her career, Mary has had the opportunity to work in clinical, hospital and Long-Term Care settings, and has had a wide array of experience and training in orthopaedic, neurologic, pediatric, and geriatric conditions. With her advanced training in Temporomandibular Joint Disorders (TMD), she has also been able to identify and relieve various TMJ conditions through treatment and education. Mary’s treatment philosophy includes using manual therapy to restore joint mechanics, followed by muscle retraining and motor control strategies to correct movement dysfunction. Mary provides individualized, one-on-one treatment and develops exercise programs geared toward the level and goals of the patient.

• English

• Myofascial pain syndrome
  • Back Pain
  • Chronic pelvic pain in women
  • TMJ disorders