Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Mark Silvert

My daughter needed a psychiatrist in london when she was travelling to help her with a visa issue and medication and Dr Silvert (who I found on this site) was really caring and helpful both via email and in person, I was pleased we found him and I decided I would write a review, because she found him so helpful when she was abroad and needed help, thank you from Texas, Dr Silvert.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2018

Seen in September 18, at short notice, really kind and caring, I can see why so many psoitive reviews, I went with anxiety and ofr general advice, would not recommend more highly if you are reading this site, make an enquiry, as others have said private medicine is not cheap but your health is worth it , no?

flag | Submitted September 23, 2018

We needed a psychiatrist but my daughter was not able to travel to central london due to anxiety, the clinic manager helped us and Dr Silvert did a home visit, he was kind, patient and helped us. Our daughter is now able to begin her treatment and we are hopeful, we can not say enough good things about The Blue Tree Clinic and especially Dr Silvert's help. Thank you - the reviews here are for once on the internet - totally correct.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2018

I was in visiting from Saudi Arabia where psychiatry help is not the best, I had to find some help here, and came across this website. All I can say is thank you. I am not going into my full story in a public forum. But Dr Silvert was one of the nicest and best doctors I have met, he has time, he listens, and is very kind. Shukran - Dr Silvert.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2018

Dr. Mark Silvert's response
Thank you for this lovely review, we wish you a safe trip home. And are pleased we could help.

Submitted July 9, 2018

Very caring, and took time to listen, I can see why the reviews below are so high, even the worst one I can find is a 4 star! I have now being seeing Dr Silvert, although he prefers to be called Mark which I also found improved how I felt about him, I have EUPD and this has always been hard to get to like my doctors, he found the right therapist for me and the right medication, basically I think he has helped stabilise me and the first doctor I have met that really was approachable, if you want to book, and want an idea that it is not just a single patient that thinks he is the best in london, go check out the video reviews on youtube , all I can say is thank you to him and I hope to see him for many months to come, as long as I can get an appointment, which I suppose is my only 1 gripe as it is getting harder to book in.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2018

Dr. Mark Silvert's response
I am sorry you are finding it hard to book with the clinic, Verity our clinic manager is very responsive, August can be a quieter month, but we are very busy, we will always do our best to get you seen within a week. Thanks for this kind review.

Submitted July 9, 2018

While Dr Silvert offered some helpful advice and am sure is a caring doctor, I found there was a lack of emotional sensitivity on his part (like he was going through the motions) and he didn't really prepare me for the side effects of the medication prescribed. I also felt like he couldn't really engage with some of my more nuanced questions and reservations around medication. The reviews on this website are really positive however so this may have just been my experience.

Submitted July 8, 2018

Dr. Mark Silvert's response
I am glad you found me caring and offered helpful advice, I am sorry you did not feel that I was emotionally sensitive enough in the appointment, and I assure you I never go through motions, but I am thorough and I do not like a patient feeling that we did not cover everything, I alwasy discuss mediation options with a patient, and the side effects,it is mandatory on our check list to ensure it is done every time, but we apologise if maybe you needed further discussion and if you contact us we would be delighted to have you back to go over anything you feel was missed or not right in your consult.

Submitted July 9, 2018

Read up and did a fair amount of research before booking with Dr Silvert, check patient review videos on the website, loooked legitimate, and I have now been a happy patient since 2016.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2018

Dr. Mark Silvert's response
Thank you, I am glad you saw our website. We use REAL reviews and REAL patients.

Submitted July 9, 2018

I was referred by my private GP in London - I was very impressed as I was skeptical. Mohammed.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

Dr. Mark Silvert's response
Thank you Mohammed. I am pleased you had a good appointment and GP referred you.

Submitted July 9, 2018

Went for an ADHD assessment after years of focus problems, was a nice doc. Thanks. Said I would review as asked for feedback. Cheers. Would recommend.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

Dr. Mark Silvert's response
I am glad you would recommend the clinic / me. Come back anytime you need.

Submitted July 9, 2018

second shrink i have visited - bad experience with the first one, great service here , found on this site.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2018

Dr. Mark Silvert's response
I am sorry you had a bad experience with your other doctor, we should all be trying our best but sometimes it's a personal feeling of when you get on with someone.

Dr. Mark Silvert's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Silvert attended both the Royal London and St Bart's Medical School in London and then completed his psychiatry training at Harvard in Boston, USA. He believes in holistically treating a patient, being kind, empathic and using the latest research and evidence based medicing. He is ideal for a nervous first time patient.

• Harvard University

• Eating disorders
  • Binge-eating disorder
  • Anxiety
  • Depression (major depressive disorder)
  • Postpartum depression
  • Borderline personality disorder
  • Body dysmorphic disorder
  • Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
  • Anorexia nervosa
  • Compulsive sexual behavior
  • Alcohol use disorder
  • Personality disorders
  • Generalized anxiety disorder
  • Adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)

• Clegg Scholarship