Ratings for Dr. Mark Faragher

Very good and caring Neurologist. After w wrong diagnose from another Neurologist who is a professor, Dr Mark Faragher diagnosed me having a DAVF. He revered me to an excellent team of a Neuro Vascular specialist and a Neurosurgeon who did the surgery on my DAVF issue as a team. I had a successful surgery 2 years ago and able to walk again.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

My family moved to Australia recently, actually a couple of years ago but it seems recent. I was being treated for a debilitating neurological condition, actually chronic traumatic encephalopathy, back home in the US. I have a family doctor (called GP here) here and he referred me to Dr Faragher for review. I saw him once , I won't be going back. I just had no trust that he could help me. ratemds is used I think a lot in the US, don't know about here. A lot of folks just talk about how the dr made them feel, doesn't have to be too detailed ... good, bad, whatever, that's fine to write. Dr Faragher made me feel bad, real bad. He is so detached, distant, just uninterested and almost totally unempathetic I was amazed. I went in all friendly like and he seemed to take an instant dislike to me so the feeling very quickly became mutual. I was also amazed why my family dr referred me. We tried another one ie another neurologist also in east Melbourne and she's awesome. I will write a review for her elsewhere on ratemds. Sorry if I haven't been detailed enough on here, maybe in Australia that's more expected. Dr Faragher is a horrible, horrible person.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

Where do I start! He misdiagnosed me completely and sent me to a Psychiatrist!! 5 yrs ago I struggled to walk, had vision problems, electric shocks down my spine, numbness and the "MRI" indicated nothing was wrong with me. I was shocked that he could so easily assume a mental health condition but I went to the Phychiatrist to prove I wasn't making these symptoms up!! She told me to go straight to an MS Specialist and he took one look at the original MRI and found a lesion on my spine. He repeated the MRI and confirmed a diagnosis of Neuro Myelitis Optica a very, very rare variant of MS. After 6 months of no treatment & waiting for another dx, no thanks to Dr Faragher. This is despite seeing him 10 yrs prior to the attack with numbness in my chest & arms. I would never, ever recommend this totally unprofessional, uncommunicative man. Seriously do not visit him. I could have gone completely blind and/or paralysed during this attack!! Serious consequences and such little empathy.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

I was ref'd to Dr Faragher for a review of an MRI (ie it was already done) following a head injury on sports field - head strike which caused concussion. Ongoing headaches (splitting), neck pain etc. As I was sitting in the waiting room, 35 mins after appt time and no communication from the desk since I'd checked in, a woman walked out with a child. She (the woman) was emotional/distressed. She told the receptionist she wasn't paying the bill and stormed out with her child in tow. This wasn't a good start. Turns out I was next. I went in and it was strange, I don't even know how to describe it but since accuracy and specific detail are called for by another reviewer below, I'll try. It was like i wasn't in the room. or at last didn't really need to be. Dr Faragher read the radiologist's report, put the films up on his light box, made a few non-commital noises, asked me a couple of questions and didn't appear to process the answers and that was it. he said he'd write a report and send it to my GP. I tried to ask another question but it seemed that my quota of questions was up. he repeated that he'd write to my GP and I'd have to follow it up with her. When I saw my GP the next week her comment was "well that doesn't really help us very much" so we were back to square one. Nice investment of $250. Unlike the woman before me I *did* pay my bill, somewhat reluctantly and when i look back on the experience I wish I'd been as strong as she was and just walked out. BTW re the other review on here calling for specific detail, that I referred to above, as I understand it this is a site to review dr's, not to review other reviewers on here, criticise them and suggest they be ignored. People should feel free to write as much or as little as they like. What they write should hopefully align fairly well with their category star ratings, and their language should be polite and respectful and hopefully useful to people considering using the dr being reviewd. if they do all that, leave them alone. Bottom line from me ... I wouldn't in my wildest dreams (nightmares) consider seeing this guy again.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

Ignore the dumb comments below. If you want to criticise people, it should be specific and accurate. He is detached and I have friendlier doctors than him. His social skills are poor but he is not autistic. He looks after my epilepsy and have not had any problems with his management. I have been seizure free for more than 7 years. He is not a great doctor and only an average doctor at best. He has looked after my epilepsy and I have no complaints about this.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

As another reviewer said, having to select a minimum of one star is one star too many for this doctor. And I use the honorific 'Doctor' with great reluctance. If this man is indeed qualified to practice medicine, I believe he should be reviewed and in my opinion should be struck off as a matter of some urgency. With regard to the ratings I've selected, his staff are not actually 'Terrible' (the meaning given for one star), just quite bad - stuck up, unhelpful and uncommunicative gatekeepers. In fact they and the dr make a good team. But I had to choose one star for every category, including that of Staff, to ensure that Dr Faragher's overall rating was the absolute minimum. I've lived long enough to have visited many, many doctors in my time. The quality of them has ranged from 'superb, outstanding and trustworthy highly skilled professionals' at the top end, to 'so appalling that words fail me' at the bottom end. Dr Faragher comes in somewhere well below the depths that I thought were even possible at the bottom end for a doctor in Australia.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2017

I need to be able to select less than 1 star for the Helpfulness and Knowledge fields. If you added fields like Interest shown in patients, Analytical/diagnostic skills, Value of time spent with this Dr, Would you recomment this Dr. etc .... they would also rate zero stars.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2017

Dr. Mark Faragher's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients