Ratings for Dr. Maria F. Benton

I was initially referred to Dr. Kelty Baker but due to her full schedule, had to see her associate, Dr. Maria F. Benton. I was apprehensive because I could not find any reviews on Dr. Benton and her medical board history showed her to be a younger doctor. However, I was assured by my referring doctor that any doctor associated with Dr. Baker is good. I immediately felt at ease when Dr. Benton walked in. She is young (mid 30s) but she is smart. I had researched my health situation (high B12) extensively before seeing her and she ordered all the tests I knew she had to. She explained my condition in detail (outlined on paper) and answered my questions. I did not feel rushed or intimidated. I would recommend her. Her staff seems unfriendly when they answer the phone (a bland "Hematology" greeting) but they aren't too bad after that. I wish they would be friendly as the need to see a hematologist is an unnerving first experience for some.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014