Ratings for Dr. Margaret Adamcewicz

I spent 4 months seeing Dr. Adamcewicz regarding the fact that I am unable to digest any sort of fat. During this time I became so weak I could barely stand since I was unable to get enough calories to maintain a normal lifestyle. The entire time Dr Adamcewicz kept trying to treat me for mental health problems using outdated sedating antidepressants from 20 years ago. I tried to explain that I wasn't depressed and I was simply miserable due to the constant pain and inability to function normally and she ignored me. During office visits I was unable to speak, I could answer her yes/no questions but every time I tried to explain my symptoms I was cut off. I felt completely steam-rolled during every appointment to the point where I started bringing family members with me to help me stand up to her but when I'd ask questions she'd just walk away mid-sentence and discharge me. When I tried to talk to her over email I was again dismissed and given even more antidepressants, despite her having no discernible background in mental health or it's specialized pharmacology. She preformed basic blood-work to check for infections, electrolytes, and kidney function, but never ordered any diagnostic tests. When I confronted her about the fact that after 4 months I had shown no improvement she told me to see a psychiatrist instead. I've never seen a more useless doctor, and I'm rather upset at myself for wasting so much of my life expecting this poor excuse of a physician to make even the most basic attempt to heal my abdominal pain. It wasn't until I saw a different GI doctor that I saw how much better they can be and I became even more embittered with the way I was treated by Dr. Adamcewicz. Save yourself the trouble and see literally any other doctor, she has never given any indication she has any specialized GI knowledge and is just a rude, unpleasant person to waste your time with.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2017

Dr. Margaret Adamcewicz's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

The Guardian Life Insurance Company Of America