Ratings for Dr. Maia Love

When you're admitted to hospital, you don't have a choice when it comes to the doctor who follows you. I hope you don't get stuck with Dr Love. She doesn't only lack knowledge, there ain't much "love" either. She misdiagnosed me and put me on so many different medications, it was insane. I only benefited by seeing other doctors when she was away. She has a sexy name and wears sexy clothes. That's about it.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

An amazing psychiatrist - knowledgeable, compassionate, and works with patients and their families to make sure that a proper diagnosis is being made and that there is a good treatment plan in place. I was able to watch a session that she had with my family member and was so impressed by how she could interview so effectively and bring insight to the patient. She frames her clinical practice based on research evidence and takes the time to explain why and how she is doing something. The best psychiatrist I have ever come across.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Excellent Doctor. Such a calm and compassionate demeaner. She has so much knowledge for a younger Doctor. Very attentive, respectful, results driven.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2016

My husband was admitted to VHG psychiatry ward and was treated with Dr Love, he was there for 2 months till they diagnosed him with Bi-polar and until they stabilized his meds, when I first saw her I didn't get a good vibe from her, and during that time I got to see how she worked and treated the patients, she's in her late 30's prob early 40's.... no experience, not up to date, not aware of new treatments,not willing to work with you that was a big thing with me, didn't have or make time to speak to me the "wife" of the patient, always very busy, never made time, however, I would see her around the front desk chatting away, doesn't think outside the box, not mindful of the side effects and not realizing the dangers of the medications, if I didn't step in and ask to stop the beta blockers who knows how long she would have him on it....he was walking around like a zombie... I would ask questions she couldn't answer, even simple questions she would just say I'm a Psychiatrist ...her favorite phrase was I'm a Doctor of the BRAIN....haha.... she talked to family members as if she was speaking to her patients...I noticed that other patients also did not like her, my husband in particularly wouldn't give him passes to go home more often , but when she was on holidays we saw other Dr's on call and they would give him full day passes and over night passes, she would make appointments with me once for 10am I waited till 2:30pm to see her, another time I was there early morning to pick up my husband for his daily pass and she never left instructions for that day, I waited 6 hours and had to leave without my husband bc of her inconsiderate and unprofessional ism, this list goes on. I hope that the next family or patient is aware of her. I advise to change Psychiatrist immediately. Good Luck

Submitted January 23, 2016

Dr. Maia Love's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients