Ratings for Dr. Lori Homa

Dr. Homa once read from the wrong chart when giving me results which is inexcusable. Unfortunately there are not many choice in Pittsburgh for fertility clinics but AHN is pretty terrible. For your money, I would go to a reputable one out of state.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2018

I have had the worst experience at this fertility clinic (I have experience with 4). It is my opinion based upon my experience that these 3 doctors do not care for each other. Since they rotate months, you will get whomever is available throughout your care here, as all fertility procedures are time-sensitive. I attempted 4 IVF cycles, and only 2 were completed ... one was even canceled mid-cycle after Doctors Homa and Wakim were both advising me to do different things concurrently, causing me to lose thousands of dollars spent on out of pocket medication. Although they knew we were creating embryos for an out of state gestational surrogate from my very first appointment, once the embryos were created (and they got their money), AHN Center for Fertility decided they no longer wanted to work with an out of state surrogate, leading me to scramble at the last minute to find a new clinic and SHIP the embryos needlessly to another clinic (more thousands). These are all services advertised on their website and procedures completed everyday throughout the country. Almost all of the nurses raved about in previous reviews do not work there anymore, they have a high rate of turnover - I speculate due to the toxic environment of working for doctors who do not care for each other (based on my experience) I could go on, but the main take away here is that this AHN Center for Fertility caused us unnecessary work, procedures, lost time, heartache and frustration, and ultimately, embryos we could not even transfer or use without hours of work, trips to the notary, paying to ship etc etc etc. Needlessly starting over after months of procedures and time at this clinic, only because the doctors do not wish to make 3 phone calls to re If you have to go here for insurance reasons, beware and do your due diligence to ensure you will be getting the care they advertise.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2018

Dr wanted to discuss IVF before discussing any other treatments. Had bloodwork and it showed HGC levels in 700. I told them I was pregnant, they argued. Im pregnant. Went for 1st ultrasound. Staff at front desk told me to keep my child in the front of the office ( he was with my husband getting a drink of water) because we have patients . I am your patient too! Then called me back to get my ultrasound and told me my husband could not go with me. He wasnt allowed to see our baby for the first time with me. When i questioned this i was told that we would both talk to the doctor after my ultrasound. I didnt make this baby on my own, he was just as excited to see our baby too. I told them cancel the ultrasound. I would never go back to such an insensitive doctor or practice. The issues we women have are far more reaching than your money grab for IVF

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

We've been going to AHN for almost a year. I've done 3 IUI's, about 6 or 7 Ovidrel shots, 6 or 7 Letrozole cycles and so forth. We drive an hour away for each visit which consists of time off of work. I've tried to keep my head up and stay positive but I was extremely disappointed when I went to my obgyn for my annual exam and found out that my TSH levels were very high which means I had an underachieving thyroid gland. This can make it extremely difficult to get pg and if I did get pg I would be at a high risk of miscarriage. In doing my own research, I've realized that TSH levels should be at a 1.0. When I gave my records to AHN, they were at about a 4.5!! At that time, I knew nothing about where my thyroid levels should be. Basically, be your own advocate. You cannot trust 100% that a dr. Is going to be on top of things for you. Yes, I do feel that perhaps Dr. Homa should have paid a bit more attention to this and her being a specialist, she should have realized that perhaps this is why I haven't gotten pg but instead my husband and I have spent a significant amount of time, money and most importantly emotions on something that was never going to happen in the first place unless I got my levels down. Please be informed. It's hard because we are not specialists and we don't really know what to look for and yes there are countless of reasons as to why we may not get pg but to give a dr. Your health records and to have them say that everything looks fine, it really has opened my eyes to this field. Be your OWN advocate. Best of luck on your journey.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017

Dr. Homa and the staff at The Jones Institute are very friendly and make you feel very comfortable. Dr. Homa and Jones are very knowledgeable about infertility issues on the female side (ovulation issues, PCOS, and recurrent miscarriages). If these are your issues, they are the best. However, if the issue is male related, I feel they are lacking in that area. The lab seems only capable of doing routine SAs and I am not confident in the accuracy. They were unable to have some specific testing done I requested and there is no urologist on staff. Unfortunately, the recommendations for male related infertility seem to be the same for unexplained. Their standard course of fertility drugs and IUIs. When concerns were expressed over the quality of sperm, I felt my concerns were dismissed without being fully answered.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

I can't express how wonderful my experience has been with Dr. Homa. Everyone in the office makes you feel so comfortable and they will answer any questions you have right away. You will love Sally at the front desk and Kendra is an awesome ultrasound tech - all of the nurses- Jen, Jessie, and Judy are so sweet and knowledgeable. Even the financial coordinator Sandi is extremely helpful! I just finished a round of IVF and I'm on my 2 week wait, but I'm very satisfied with the care I received at AHN Fertility!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Much better option that Dr. Hecht! Dr. Homa was extremely friendly and kind. I don't have any complaints about her personally, but I only saw her at the initial consultation. I then dealt with the nurses, who were friendly and informative. But, I would have been put on the same regimen for all 6 cycles if I didn't speak up. If I wanted a different protocol, I really had to demand it. Just something to keep in mind when thinking of choosing the Jones Institute.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

My husband and I had a great experience with Dr.Homa and Dr.Hecht at The Jones Institute. We started our journey there after an insurance change (from Magee- best thing that could've happened to us) and from the start we were treated like people, not a number. The process took literally years of IUIs and eventually IVF, of which we now have a perfect little boy. Dr. Homa was the one who ended up doing our IVF cycle and was extremely professional and informative throughout the process. We were sad to lose Dr.Hecht, but extremely happy in the care we received with Dr.Homa and the entire staff at the Jones Institute. Our journey was not easy by any means, but the difference between the personal approach and attention at Jones vs. Magee is night and day. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2017

Horrible experience, total lack of bedside manner, completely unprofessional and inconsiderate. Wouldn't recommend to anyone

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

I don't recommend Dr Homa to anyone.. I had 8 failed cycle, they given ovidrel shot on 24-25 (egg size). Time and money waste.. I am very stressful..

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

Dr. Lori Homa 's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients