Ratings for Dr. Lori Homa

We've been going to AHN for almost a year. I've done 3 IUI's, about 6 or 7 Ovidrel shots, 6 or 7 Letrozole cycles and so forth. We drive an hour away for each visit which consists of time off of work. I've tried to keep my head up and stay positive but I was extremely disappointed when I went to my obgyn for my annual exam and found out that my TSH levels were very high which means I had an underachieving thyroid gland. This can make it extremely difficult to get pg and if I did get pg I would be at a high risk of miscarriage. In doing my own research, I've realized that TSH levels should be at a 1.0. When I gave my records to AHN, they were at about a 4.5!! At that time, I knew nothing about where my thyroid levels should be. Basically, be your own advocate. You cannot trust 100% that a dr. Is going to be on top of things for you. Yes, I do feel that perhaps Dr. Homa should have paid a bit more attention to this and her being a specialist, she should have realized that perhaps this is why I haven't gotten pg but instead my husband and I have spent a significant amount of time, money and most importantly emotions on something that was never going to happen in the first place unless I got my levels down. Please be informed. It's hard because we are not specialists and we don't really know what to look for and yes there are countless of reasons as to why we may not get pg but to give a dr. Your health records and to have them say that everything looks fine, it really has opened my eyes to this field. Be your OWN advocate. Best of luck on your journey.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017

Dr. Homa and the staff at The Jones Institute are very friendly and make you feel very comfortable. Dr. Homa and Jones are very knowledgeable about infertility issues on the female side (ovulation issues, PCOS, and recurrent miscarriages). If these are your issues, they are the best. However, if the issue is male related, I feel they are lacking in that area. The lab seems only capable of doing routine SAs and I am not confident in the accuracy. They were unable to have some specific testing done I requested and there is no urologist on staff. Unfortunately, the recommendations for male related infertility seem to be the same for unexplained. Their standard course of fertility drugs and IUIs. When concerns were expressed over the quality of sperm, I felt my concerns were dismissed without being fully answered.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

I can't express how wonderful my experience has been with Dr. Homa. Everyone in the office makes you feel so comfortable and they will answer any questions you have right away. You will love Sally at the front desk and Kendra is an awesome ultrasound tech - all of the nurses- Jen, Jessie, and Judy are so sweet and knowledgeable. Even the financial coordinator Sandi is extremely helpful! I just finished a round of IVF and I'm on my 2 week wait, but I'm very satisfied with the care I received at AHN Fertility!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2017

Much better option that Dr. Hecht! Dr. Homa was extremely friendly and kind. I don't have any complaints about her personally, but I only saw her at the initial consultation. I then dealt with the nurses, who were friendly and informative. But, I would have been put on the same regimen for all 6 cycles if I didn't speak up. If I wanted a different protocol, I really had to demand it. Just something to keep in mind when thinking of choosing the Jones Institute.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

My husband and I had a great experience with Dr.Homa and Dr.Hecht at The Jones Institute. We started our journey there after an insurance change (from Magee- best thing that could've happened to us) and from the start we were treated like people, not a number. The process took literally years of IUIs and eventually IVF, of which we now have a perfect little boy. Dr. Homa was the one who ended up doing our IVF cycle and was extremely professional and informative throughout the process. We were sad to lose Dr.Hecht, but extremely happy in the care we received with Dr.Homa and the entire staff at the Jones Institute. Our journey was not easy by any means, but the difference between the personal approach and attention at Jones vs. Magee is night and day. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2017

Horrible experience, total lack of bedside manner, completely unprofessional and inconsiderate. Wouldn't recommend to anyone

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

I don't recommend Dr Homa to anyone.. I had 8 failed cycle, they given ovidrel shot on 24-25 (egg size). Time and money waste.. I am very stressful..

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

After 6 losses, I finally found Dr. Homa and she has been such a blessing. Within just a few appointments, I am now expecting. She was very quick to fix any problems and she came up with solutions that I believe are what I've needed all along to have a healthy pregnancy. I loved all the staff there too, everyone is so nice. I would HIGHLY recommend her!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

I loved seeing Dr. Homa. She was very kind and soft spoken. She explained everything to me perfectly each time. The best thing about going to the Jones Institute is that the doctors (Dr. Homa and Dr. Hecht) are very easily reachable. You get a call the same day with answers to your questions. Dr. Homa performed my surgery and I really credit her with me getting pregnant (along with Dr. Hecht's input as well.) I also loved the staff, especially the ultrasound tech Nicole. I switched from Magee to Jones Institute and I'm so glad I did so. Finally pregnant!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

Dr. Homa was amazing. She had a way of calming my fears and was realistic but sincere. She helped to make our dreams come true of getting pregnant and I am so grateful for her and the staff at The Jones Institute. They were all wonderful. I felt comfortable with Dr. Homa and she was with me knowing I was woman who had a great desire to get pregnant. I was not just another patient to her. I owe so much to this doctor, and I would trust her all over again.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2016

Dr. Lori Homa 's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients