Ratings for Dr. Laura Lawson

Really pleased with my new Doctor, grateful she made the move to Peterborough!

flag | Submitted June 24, 2019

This Doctor is pretty high on herself. She doesn't listen and types the whole time you are there. I made the mistake of calling her by her first name and she immediately corrected me and said " you can call me Dr Lawson". She has BOOK experience but not a whole lot of patient experience. She wants to live your life her way and doesn't really to care how you are feeling, what you have to say nor does she care about your previous medical history. Her way or the highway. Also, she had very indignant things to say about another Doctor /colleague. Is that right? I don't think it is allowed by ANYONE in the medical field. She goes STRICTLY BY THE BOOK NO EXEMPTIONS. FRUSTRATING.

Submitted April 2, 2019

Incredible doctor. I have never seen a physician who has been so thorough. She went through my whole health history, updated my medications, spent time talking to me about how to eat and exercise. She got me caught up on everything at my very first appointment!! I can also be seen 7 days a week by one of the docs in the group! Not to mention, they have a system to book appointments online. So refreshing to see a young and up to date doctor who isn't just going to give you pills to get you out the door like so many other doctors. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2019

Dr Lawson is a top notch doctor, and she will be greatly missed in the community. Her kindness, compassion and knowledge made her a first rate doc. Thank you Dr Lawson for all of your care the past few years!!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2018

We could never seem to get an appointment booked in advance, the secretary said only same day or next day bookings. We lived almost an hour away so this system didn't work for us as she did not work Friday's or one Wednesday a month.We could never get through to the secretary to make appts. And when we did she would point out that " you are not the only one", poor answer. Dealing with her secretary was an added stress.We have received a letter telling us that this young doctor is quitting her practice after only 2 years. So much for dedicated doctors.

Submitted September 5, 2018

A wonderful doctor, we are very happy with our care. I never liked going to the doctor in the past, but she makes me feel at ease, explains things and is very thorough. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

Dr. Laura has been our family doctor for the last couple years and we are so grateful to her. She really goes above and beyond. She has seen me through a challenging pregnancy, and takes excellent care of my children and husband. My son was recently ill, she saw him the same day we called in looking for an appointment and and she phoned our home the next day, just to "check-in". I've never had another doctor do that before! I was surprised to read a post where a patient was angry about the care of their child, she has been absolutely wonderful with my two. She always takes her time, listens, and has answered all of my questions, we certainly don't feel rushed out of the room. Thank you, Dr Laura for everything you do!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

Very inexperienced doctor. First impression was wonderful however as visits progressed I soon started to notice a very condescending attitude towards us, (As is all too common among so called "health care professionals.") I'm so disappointed in the ability for doctors to actually LISTEN to patients, maybe if they talked less and opened their ears while people talk, we would actually receive the care we need. There are no pediatricians in Bancroft so we parents have no choice but to stick to a GP, and we are supposed to blindly trust that they know what to do with a baby, which after my last visit, I have lost total trust. I had brought an issue up with her during my babies 2 month and 4 month check up, to which she responded with "nothing to be concerned about" (Her favourite answer for everything relating to baby care.) And now I have to subject my 10 month old to a procedure that needed to be done right after birth, but of course it wasn't noticed (Maybe if doctors nowadays actually took time to inspect babies properly instead of looking them over for 30 seconds and telling new parents they have "nothing to worry about".) I question her knowledge especially after she prescribed my husband a drug that has dangerous side effects for people suffering from the mental codition he has. How does that happen?! You can not trust doctors anymore, you have to research everything yourself! To make matters worse my last visit was to ask some questions and settle some concerns about my baby. We hadn't been to her office in 4 months, and we were "ever so politely" told that she didn't have time to deal with us because I had more than one concern I needed to talk about and gain clarity on. This kind of behaviour is what is making us Canadians really distrust the medical community. You stand by the door with your hand on the knob just waiting for us to shut up so you can rush us out and get more OHIP payments. Its all about the money, not about the wellbeing of people. God forbid new concerned parents ask too many questions (which aren't ever properly answered anyways) I am disappointed and angry and so tired of this insulting treatment from doctors.

Submitted February 28, 2018

Couldn't be happier with Dr Lawson!! Takes the time to explain things, which we really appreciate. Sure wasn't quick to just write a prescription for us, spend the better part of a half hour coaching us on healthy eating and exercise instead. Very kind and thoughtful, and provides us with top notch care!!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

Would never recommend to anyone. Not sure who this is that the other people like. Terrible doctor with no respect to people.

Submitted January 30, 2018

Dr. Laura Lawson's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

Top Hospitals in Bancroft, ON