Ratings for Dr. L. Koziar

My family and I loved the Seeleys Bay medical centre our doctor who retired Dr. Stewart nd Tanya. When Dr. Koziar took over we continued to give her several chances to settle in. She subscribed the incorrect meds for me, caused an over dose and hospitalization. She was extremely rude to me when I was very ill and Tanya sent me in to see her. She complained that I took up 5 minutes of her hour lunch break. She attempted to subscribe medication for my daughter com another patients chart. She was the worst doctor we have ever encountered. Rude,uncaring and makes constant mistakes. She is a danger!!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2019

Dr Koziar has been the best to my family and I. She does spend time on the computer as that's how she records everything. She has actually saved my life by referring me for further testing for vague symptoms. She is thorough and very knowledgeable. I never feel like I'm pushed out the door nor do we wait long for appointments. The office staff are wonderful in person and on the phone.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2018

So awful. How did she pass her residency evaluations? No bedside manner, disrespectful, and not thorough. I read many comments below stating similar experience. Maybe the College of Family Physicians should get involved.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

There's not much to disagree with what has already been written. All true, she's just plain awful, at everything. I think a petition should be started to run her out of town or at the very least, publicly call her out for what she is, a hack!!.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

My experience lead me to have a iud in my stomach for over 4 months and when i went to an appointment to see the registered nurse she tried to defend koziar saying that the medical records i requested werent on file and the secretary told me i never got a phone call telling me that it had expelled back in September i thought it was discomfort from the expellsion but turns out she didn't do enough investigation on the matter nor did she refer me to an obgyn and they wanted to keep doing a transvaginal ultrasound when all i needed was an x-ray since the dye shows up in it i had to find this out by going to a hospital within two weeks i had an appointment with my obgyn and the removal of the iud and one of my appointments with koziar she did two vaginal swabs which one of the she said she lost and was scrambling to look for it

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

I am missing Dr. Stewart more and more ,,,,Dr. Koziar has no bedside manner and doesn't seem to care about me as a patient or a person,,,, while dealing with a dying family member , she cut off one of my medications,,,,I was helping with palliative care with my sister and it was just before Xmas,,,, the palliative care Drs told me that it sounded like my doctor was trying to get me to change my Dr. Because her reasoning behind the cutting of my meds had an explanation and Dr. Koziar was the one to tell me what it was....I don't want to argue with her about anything because I know that she's made her mind up and I'd be wasting my breath ,,Drs take an oath to "do no harm" yet she cut a medication off cold turkey that should have been weened down ,,,, well I'm fine,,, not that she called to see or offered an alternative medication ..now I will spend more time in the house and deal with my osteoarthritis ,cataplexy and fibromyalgia whatever way I can and continue looking for a Dr. Who cares how her patients feel mentally as well as trying to find alternatives before cutting meds off ...always remember that when you see someone that's sick,no matter what the illness,,,,,THERE BUT FOR THE GRACE OF GOD GO I !!!!!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2017

She's brisk, to the point and very knowledgeable. A great G.P.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

Unfortunately after Dr. Stewart I was transferred to Dr. Koziar. I tried to keep an open mind and give herself and myself a good opportunity to get to know each and build a relationship. I have been to see her several times and it seems each time is worse. I do not feel like she makes much effort in investigating or trying to diagnose issues. She does the bare minimum in an appointment, and then pushes you out the door. I find her difficult to talk and make a connection with as I get the impression she is not interested in getting to know me or shares little to know interest in helping. She does her paperwork, checks the boxes, checks her computer and out you go. If you have an issue with mental health, I would not advise seeing her either. I have a significant background of mental health issues and when I started having physical symptoms she again did the bare minimum to help me and when the first test did not offer a diagnosis she suggesting I see a Psychiatrist, and a Councillor. I have been going to Seeleys Bay Medical since it opened. I have decided now to leave as I will like she lacks the social skills and ambition to investigate and help patient thoroughly. The other Staff there have been amazing through the years, as has been the Tanya the Nurse. I am leaving solely based on how I feel she disregarded my symptoms, did the bare minimum and wrote them off based on my mental health background. I felt judged and ridiculous.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

Has no bedside manner and insists that she knows what she is doing and will try to find a way to defend what she is telling you even though what she is trying to tell you is not true. Has more interaction with her computer than the patient. Failed to diagnose my problem but at least the Nurse Practioner is very, very helpful and knowledgeable and I wll see her when I need help.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2015

Dr. L. Koziar's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients