Ratings for Dr. Kulbir Manhas

I had a terrible experience. I went to see Dr Manhas, his staff took my insurance card to inquire insurance company, then, I was told that all fees of "deep clean" could be reimbursed. When I claimed it after "deep clean" , insurance company told me that only 10 units of deep clean/year could be reimbursed. In reality, his staff did not get a respond from insurance company, they just want to make money on you. I never met such unprofessional staff, do not recommend the CalgaryPerio.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2019

I recently was at Calgary Perio for a "deep cleaning" with Nancy. Although I showed up almost 15 minutes before my appointment, I was still brought back more then 10 minutes late. She didnt start actually cleaning my teeth until 20 after. Also while in her chair she started to sharpen her instruments behind my head. I cant stand the sound of that and im sure I am not the only one. Its worse then nails on a chalk board. The girls up front were very helpful and everything else went great. I enjoy the staff there and my time spent there. I hope Nancy is able to improve on these as I do like coming here.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2019

Dr. Kulbir Manhas's response
As a group periodontal practice, we at CalgaryPerio have 5 hygienists in our team. We respect the value of being on time, although each practitioner has a different emphasis on timing. I apologize for tardiness if it is within the control of our office, although your feedback is noted, I cannot make a true assessment as to why she was 20 min prior to starting cleaning. There is a level of preparation required prior to starting a cleaning although it may appear routine, each time a patient is in we aim to ensure any updates in medical history are reviewed as included in the ADA time allotted for hygiene. I am unaware of when sharpening instruments by Nancy had been completed for your specific case, but as a policy at this time we assume the kits are sharpened prior to use to ensure a sterile protocol and efficiency. This a hot topic with periodontists that we have brought up in provincial wide policy meetings. The sound of sharpening is irritating at best for most, but within a few strokes of tenacious tartar the instruments dull. Periodontal health requires an individual treatment plan and provision tailored centric to the status of the patient, if there is a concern with the overall periodontal treatment, please email my office admin at manager@calgaryperio.ca We will address your concerns about our hygienists timing and sharpening directly. I don't mind having reviews on my profile, but if this a concern with Nancy, the intelligent opportunity would be to direct this to her.

Submitted August 21, 2019

I had a gum graft using the tunnelling procedure about 2 months ago. Dr. Manhas did an exceptional job. The graft looks great. My daughter had the same graft procedure with a different periodontist and her results were not as good, there were some areas where the new gum did not take. It clearly takes a high degree of skill and procedure to perform the surgery successfully, which Dr. Manhas has. I am delighted with the results and would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2019

Dr. Kulbir Manhas's response
I have noted excellent work from a variety of periodontists over the years. Some grafts after 30 years are looking strong. I love my work, not life treatening but valuable as a protective adjunct for oral health. Thank you for your response.

Submitted August 21, 2019

This guy is expensive. His staff are okay. I need to try a different hygienist. Not impressed with the one I got.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2018

Dr. Kulbir Manhas's response
I see your points. Our fees were lower than the NDP government's guided fee schedule. After 8 years of practice without increasing fees, we did to match the NDP aided fee guide. Your rates of 2 would yield a 40% score, to my knowledge, our office is a friendly, patient-centric treatment provider. Most people who choose to see a specialist for treatment, have true concerns for improvement in health. I hope you do find a practitioner that is compatible with your wishes.

Submitted December 12, 2018

I am a professional and I was embarassed with the deteriorating condition of my receding gums. I found Dr. M via a blog post and was happy to find out he would see me without a referral from my family dentist. I dreaded the appointment and was truly apprehensive. Dr. M instantly made me feel comfortable. No question was off limits and I appreciate the time he took to thoroughly explain my treatment plan. The only thing I am not too excited about is that I had to wait a bit longer in the waiting room. I also could not find a parking spot close to the entrance doors. It was very snowy on the day of appointment which was not that convenient.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

Dr. Kulbir Manhas's response
I attempt to build rapport with everyone. I appreciate sincere efforts to improve health and see the big picture of an end goal from multiple views. I am glad that you felt that questions were addressed. Concerns of parking have been brought up with our landlord, our neighbouring car dealerships take over 30 spots regularly. I do apologize for inconvenience of wait times, as occasionally, patients prior may have more attention requirement than anticipated. I normally try to allow for extra-time for all patients, as I do prefer a calm environment. Respect and Regards, Dr. M

Submitted December 12, 2018

My review for Dr. Manhas reflects my appreciation for a dentist who genuinely cares about his patients. I have been with Calgary Perio for many years. I am always treated with great kindness and respect. If you need dental implants talk to Dr. Manhas first. The care I received after my procedure exceeded my expectations and I continue being impressed with his work.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2018

Dr. Manhas did some excellent work on my implant. I had a infected gum resulting from a cracked tooth on a molar with a previous root canal. The infection took a while to clear up even after the tooth was removed. The first attempt at an implant was unsuccessful as I had poor bone growth due to the previous infection. so... we had to start again and Dr. M stuck with it the whole time with the second successful implant procedure being done largely gratis. Thank you Dr Manhas! I would highly recommend him to anyone. He really went the extra mile. I appreciate his diligence, courtesy and professionalism. Cheers

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

Dr. M has been my Periodontist for over 5 years. I’ve seen an improvement in my overall vitality. Having infection removed from the gums is a no-brainer. Thanks CalgaryPerio!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Dr. Manhas is a great periodontist. He made me feel like I was the only one he was seeing that day. No inturuptions like other clinics. When his staff did need him (which is what I am assuming they came in for) they quietly slipped in and gave him a note. Very professional and friendly. I would recommend anyone to go there

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

Dr. Manhas is a skilled doctor and does great work with implants. He is also personable and runs an efficient and friendly office. I am very comfortable having work done by him.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

Dr. Kulbir Manhas's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Kulbir Manhas is a Royal College of Dental Surgeons certified Periodontist. Born in Winnipeg, he has trained at both universities of Manitoba and Toronto where he had a cumulative GPA of 4.25 during his undergraduate degree and received scholarships at both universities. After 9 year of university, he worked as both a Dentist from 1999-2007 and as a Periodontist from 2007-present. Having a broad scope of dental experience provides Dr. Manhas with an integrated approach to planning and treatment provision for a seamless transition from his referring offices. Dr. Manhas understands the importance of life-long learning, as he has was a clinical instructor at the University of Manitoba Dental Diagnostics and Surgical Sciences department from 2002-2014. He has been an executive board member for the Manitoba Tobacco Reduction Association and the Professional Conduct Committee in Saskatchewan. He has provided seminars for continuing education of Dentists, Denturists and other Specialists by co-leading study clubs and educational events since 2007.

• English

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1999)
  • University of Manitoba (Grad. 2007)