Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Kulbir Manhas

This guy is expensive. His staff are okay. I need to try a different hygienist. Not impressed with the one I got.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2018

Dr. Kulbir Manhas's response
I see your points. Our fees were lower than the NDP government's guided fee schedule. After 8 years of practice without increasing fees, we did to match the NDP aided fee guide. Your rates of 2 would yield a 40% score, to my knowledge, our office is a friendly, patient-centric treatment provider. Most people who choose to see a specialist for treatment, have true concerns for improvement in health. I hope you do find a practitioner that is compatible with your wishes.

Submitted December 12, 2018

I am a professional and I was embarassed with the deteriorating condition of my receding gums. I found Dr. M via a blog post and was happy to find out he would see me without a referral from my family dentist. I dreaded the appointment and was truly apprehensive. Dr. M instantly made me feel comfortable. No question was off limits and I appreciate the time he took to thoroughly explain my treatment plan. The only thing I am not too excited about is that I had to wait a bit longer in the waiting room. I also could not find a parking spot close to the entrance doors. It was very snowy on the day of appointment which was not that convenient.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

Dr. Kulbir Manhas's response
I attempt to build rapport with everyone. I appreciate sincere efforts to improve health and see the big picture of an end goal from multiple views. I am glad that you felt that questions were addressed. Concerns of parking have been brought up with our landlord, our neighbouring car dealerships take over 30 spots regularly. I do apologize for inconvenience of wait times, as occasionally, patients prior may have more attention requirement than anticipated. I normally try to allow for extra-time for all patients, as I do prefer a calm environment. Respect and Regards, Dr. M

Submitted December 12, 2018

My review for Dr. Manhas reflects my appreciation for a dentist who genuinely cares about his patients. I have been with Calgary Perio for many years. I am always treated with great kindness and respect. If you need dental implants talk to Dr. Manhas first. The care I received after my procedure exceeded my expectations and I continue being impressed with his work.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2018

Dr. Manhas did some excellent work on my implant. I had a infected gum resulting from a cracked tooth on a molar with a previous root canal. The infection took a while to clear up even after the tooth was removed. The first attempt at an implant was unsuccessful as I had poor bone growth due to the previous infection. so... we had to start again and Dr. M stuck with it the whole time with the second successful implant procedure being done largely gratis. Thank you Dr Manhas! I would highly recommend him to anyone. He really went the extra mile. I appreciate his diligence, courtesy and professionalism. Cheers

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

Dr. M has been my Periodontist for over 5 years. I’ve seen an improvement in my overall vitality. Having infection removed from the gums is a no-brainer. Thanks CalgaryPerio!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2018

Dr. Manhas is a great periodontist. He made me feel like I was the only one he was seeing that day. No inturuptions like other clinics. When his staff did need him (which is what I am assuming they came in for) they quietly slipped in and gave him a note. Very professional and friendly. I would recommend anyone to go there

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

Dr. Manhas is a skilled doctor and does great work with implants. He is also personable and runs an efficient and friendly office. I am very comfortable having work done by him.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2017

I was dissatisfied with the opinion of my ex-periodontist and thank my lucky stars (and the internet) for finding Dr. Manhes via a random article on his website. I wanted someone to understand my specific personal situation and this is exactly what he did. I wish they could have taken me in earlier but I was okay with the 2 week wait. I am pleased to say that the comprehensive plan that he set up for me is working. He is an excellent dentist and he has given me the confidence I need to move forward.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2017

I went to see Dr. Manhas because my dentist highly recommended him. I was very skeptical that anyone could help with my condition. Full disclosure: I went to see two other periodontists, one in Calgary, and one in Ottawa. Their treatment plan didn't help and I started to lose faith. Dr. Manhas developed a treatment plan that was unique to my needs. He really took the time to understand my concerns. His plan was different and after months of diligence, I no longer experience the chronic soreness or bleeding. Every time I meet with him, he has so much more to offer. He deserves all the credit for my recovery.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

He charges about average for the procedure by themselves. But, somehow he adds extra charges such as additional material,​ the total fee will be a way above than average.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

Dr. Kulbir Manhas's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Kulbir Manhas is a Royal College of Dental Surgeons certified Periodontist. Born in Winnipeg, he has trained at both universities of Manitoba and Toronto where he had a cumulative GPA of 4.25 during his undergraduate degree and received scholarships at both universities. After 9 year of university, he worked as both a Dentist from 1999-2007 and as a Periodontist from 2007-present. Having a broad scope of dental experience provides Dr. Manhas with an integrated approach to planning and treatment provision for a seamless transition from his referring offices. Dr. Manhas understands the importance of life-long learning, as he has was a clinical instructor at the University of Manitoba Dental Diagnostics and Surgical Sciences department from 2002-2014. He has been an executive board member for the Manitoba Tobacco Reduction Association and the Professional Conduct Committee in Saskatchewan. He has provided seminars for continuing education of Dentists, Denturists and other Specialists by co-leading study clubs and educational events since 2007.

• English

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1999)
  • University of Manitoba (Grad. 2007)