Ratings for Dr. Kossintseva

Dr. Kossintseva is a brilliant practitioner and is as much engaged in the care and comfort of her patients as she is in her meticulous surgical work. Of the several dermatologists that have treated me for BCC over the past 20 years she is head and shoulders above the rest. I have had several BCCs excised both by MDs (in surgeries) and in local hospitals and although all were successfully removed with no recurrences effects, many left small, detectable scars. Dr. Kossintseva's outstanding knowledge of Mohs surgery combined with her fastidious clinical prowess and her friendly, outgoing manner and re-assuring words are beyond compare.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2019

Without a doubt the best skin surgeon I’ve had the pleasure of encountering. Engaged and engaging a rare combination for a surgeon. I’ve had many surgeons take a piece of me but Dr Kossintseva is by far the best. We are lucky to have her in our medical system.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2019

Knowledgeable, approachable to patient enquiries, gentle, positive approach to expectations

flag | Submitted December 12, 2018

In June of 2018, Dr. Kossintseva performed a MOHS procedure to treat a basal cell carcinoma on the bridge of my nose. Like most patients who received this diagnosis, I was filled with apprehension and concern going into my surgery. Thanks to Dr. Kossintseva and the entire team at the Dermatologic Surgery Centre, I couldn’t image my surgery going any better than it did. I was treated with warmth, and compassion by everyone I came into contact with, and the ongoing communication during the entire process was first rate. It was reassuring being sent home at the end of the day being told that my nose was cancer free. For me, bedside manner is nearly as important as the skill of the surgeon, and in both of these areas I’m pleased to say that Dr. Kossintseva excelled. If I ever require another MOHS procedure in the future, I would never consider seeing any other surgeon other than Dr. Kossintseva. Footnote: In early October of 2018 I had a routine follow up exam with Dr. Kossintseva that went very well and the scar on my nose is already nearly invisible, thanks largely to her great skill and technique.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2018

Dr. Kossintseva is a wonderful doctor. She is kind, gentle, professional and a very good surgeon. I have had three surgeries with her and wouldn’t go to anyone else. My most recent surgery was for a basal cell carcinoma on my nose which was quite invasive. It was a difficult surgery but made much better by her keeping me informed of the process every step of the way. Thank you Dr. Kossintseva for taking such good care of me.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2018

not recommending her , not sure why she is rating so high

flag | Submitted August 29, 2018

I had the pleasure of being Dr Kossintseva's patient after having a couple of other MOHS procedures done previously by a different Surgeon. I had a bit of anxiety already about the anaesthetic as noses are pretty sensitive! Add meeting a new doctor for the first time after seeing one I was quite happy with but was unavailable. As soon as she walked in the room I started to feel better as her manner was so friendly and empathetic. When she started to give the anaesthetic I expected the worst and was completely surprised by feeling NOTHING! It only got better from there, and the whole experience couldn't have been better including the attention of all the nurses.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2018

gentle & compassionate. intuitive with patients and a perfectionist with her surgery. My nose is healing well. My normal high anxiety level is now low .... with 1-2 more surgeries scheduled.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2018

Talented. Professional. Considerate. Caring. Meticulous. Empathetic. One of the very best experiences in any medical setting in my entire life. A very talented individual. Thank you Dr. Kossintseva.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

excellent surgeon - have had two surgeries and can't believe how well they turned out, Would recommend her to any and all - in fact my wife will be seeing her in 2018

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017