Ratings for Dr. Kevin Koo

Took several months to see this young man but it was well worth the wait at the end. From the first meeting in clinic to the postoperative followup, he was nothing short of spectacular. I was barely able to walk when I met this doctor and now that my hip is replaced, I am able to go back golfing. His bedside manner, patience with explaining, and the wonderful team at Markham Stouffville Hospital has made the entire operative process a breeze. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

A few months ago I was suffering from a herniated disc with extreme pain down my leg. I couldn't walk for about 2 weeks and have been battling this on and off for the past 8 years or so. I had a consult with Dr Koo and we decided at that point to proceed with surgery as the numbness in my foot was increasing. The day of the surgery before I went in I had a chat with Dr Koo and we decided to hold back on the surgery considering the progress that was made since I last saw him. I cannot be more grateful for avoiding the surgery as things have slowly improved since then. Dr. Koo was such an honest, straight up doctor that was genuinely looking out for my best interest. I highly recommend him to anyone who is considering or has back/nerve issues. Thank you once again Dr. Koo.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

This doctor has saved my life and has given me new motivation to live.I have seen multiple spine drs at Trillium, Toronto Western Hospital, Sunnybrook Hospital and St Michael's Hospital and none of them were willing to listen to my concerns and were unwilling to help me. Dr. Koo took his time to review my case and was the only person that was able to find my problem. He operated on me and did a multiple level decompression surgery. I was able to go home the next day walking out of the hospital by myself. I am now pain free and finally able to play with my kids. Excellent bedside manners, great attention to details, and supportive throughout the entire care. I have seen many spine surgeons in the past 10 years and none are better than Dr. Koo. Thank you Dr. Koo and Markham Stouffville Hospital for everything.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

My dad just came out of an L5-S1 reherniation procedure with Dr. Koo. After seeing the MRI and learning about my dad's calcified disc protrusion I was very worried about the collateral damage from a second discectomy. Dr. Koo was punctual, warm, transparent and supportive throughout this harrowing day. It will likely be a challenging recovery from an undoubtedly difficult surgery but there is no doubt in my mind that my dad is in exceptionally gifted hands.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2017

I was transferred into sunnybrook hospital after a bad fall from a building and broke my neck. I met Dr. Koo there and was on the verge of being paralysed. Dr. Koo and his fellow and his residents took such great care of me, such great bedside manner and provided me with reassurance going into the surgery and afterwards. I had a neck fusion and I am now regaining my function. I follow Dr. Koo now at Markham Stouffville and am so grateful for everything he has done. Thank you thank you thank you. I owe him my life.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

Dr Koo is absolutely fantastic. I had a cyst on my spine and he operated to get rid of it and the pressure it caused on my sciatic nerve. Best decision I made was to have Dr, Koo operate. He is very thorough, explained everything and made me feel very comfortable. He has a wonderful bedside manner and puts patient care first ! His office staff are also excellent. Thank you for taking such good care of me.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Dr. Koo. was the best. Broke my femur in a snow boarding incident. I am not from the area, I was brought into the hospital via ambulance. Assigned Dr. Koo as the Ortho surgeon. I am totally relieved that he was my surgeon. His mannerism, patient care and all put me at ease. Thank you, Thank you Dr. Koo. It was a pleasure meeting you. I am on the road to recovery. look forward to seeing you in 6 weeks. Ethan

Submitted February 14, 2017

Dr. Koo is an amazing surgeon he did my microdiscectomy and decompression of my disk. I was in severe pain because of my l4 and l5 disk protrusion. I had severe pain, numbness and tingling in my leg. I was taken by ambulance to Stouffville Hospital everyone is so amazing and helpful there. I was seen by the doctor in minutes and was seen by Dr. Koo quickly and was told by him that he will do my surgery a day later. I and my husband broke into tears for such prompt response. He also looked at my previous MRIs and arranged an MRI the very next day. Next day I was in for my surgery, he explained everything so clearly and few hours after the surgery I was able to walk to the washroom myself. Dr. Koo god bless you, your team, and your family!!!!

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Dr. Koo took care of my spine and got me into the operating room within a month. I had a foot drop before the surgery and now Dr. Koo has fixed this. I got full function of my legs back.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

Dr. Kevin Koo is an exceptional doctor along with his expertise and staff they really care about you. My first time doing a surgery I was skeptical with any doctor and their advice. Dr. Koo was the only doctor that treated me from the initial appointment right and continuing now (post-op). His knowledge of the spine and the body was amazing. He explained everything before and after surgery. After my surgery, awaking up from my anesthetic I was met with the nurse, immediately after the doctor came to have a look at me and my progress. This doctor is amazing and passionate about his job. He is currently assessing my father's surgical need, and is now treating him the same way as me. I owe my life to this doctor! Before surgery I couldn't even move, now 1 week after surgery I have no pain and my mobility is amazing. I am going back to work soon! Thank you doctor Koo, receptionist Pauli, and the staff at Markham Stouffville Hospital I cannot thank you all enough!

flag | Submitted November 2, 2016

Dr. Kevin Koo's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients