Ratings for Dr. Kevin Koo

Had a tiba plateau fracture a year ago today and had it fixed by Dr. Koo. He greeted me on the day of my injury with a smile and calmness that eased the pain. I ended up with three plates and a million screws put in. I was told by my friends and even on internet that I will be disabled for life. Now it is one year out, I am perfect and no pain. Dr. Koo is a miracle worker. The nurses at MSH also made things great! I can not be more grateful.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

Dr.Koo is a very down to earth doctor and very caring.He does not rush into a operation unless needed.He is very easy to talk to,and listens to your concerns.I would highly recommend Dr. Koo for anyone who is in need of a Orthopaedic Surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

Dr. Kevin Koo is the greatest. Just had my second surgery today for a total knee replacement. The procedure when perfectly. Dr. Koo also performed hip replacement on me back in February of this year. That worked out great. Dr. Koo takes a real interest in his patients, taking the time to explain everything about your condition and how he is planning to fix it. I would recommend this doctor looking for an orthopedic surgeon. Thanks Dr. Koo for everything you've done for me. You are the best!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

Took several months to see this young man but it was well worth the wait at the end. From the first meeting in clinic to the postoperative followup, he was nothing short of spectacular. I was barely able to walk when I met this doctor and now that my hip is replaced, I am able to go back golfing. His bedside manner, patience with explaining, and the wonderful team at Markham Stouffville Hospital has made the entire operative process a breeze. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

A few months ago I was suffering from a herniated disc with extreme pain down my leg. I couldn't walk for about 2 weeks and have been battling this on and off for the past 8 years or so. I had a consult with Dr Koo and we decided at that point to proceed with surgery as the numbness in my foot was increasing. The day of the surgery before I went in I had a chat with Dr Koo and we decided to hold back on the surgery considering the progress that was made since I last saw him. I cannot be more grateful for avoiding the surgery as things have slowly improved since then. Dr. Koo was such an honest, straight up doctor that was genuinely looking out for my best interest. I highly recommend him to anyone who is considering or has back/nerve issues. Thank you once again Dr. Koo.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

This doctor has saved my life and has given me new motivation to live.I have seen multiple spine drs at Trillium, Toronto Western Hospital, Sunnybrook Hospital and St Michael's Hospital and none of them were willing to listen to my concerns and were unwilling to help me. Dr. Koo took his time to review my case and was the only person that was able to find my problem. He operated on me and did a multiple level decompression surgery. I was able to go home the next day walking out of the hospital by myself. I am now pain free and finally able to play with my kids. Excellent bedside manners, great attention to details, and supportive throughout the entire care. I have seen many spine surgeons in the past 10 years and none are better than Dr. Koo. Thank you Dr. Koo and Markham Stouffville Hospital for everything.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

My dad just came out of an L5-S1 reherniation procedure with Dr. Koo. After seeing the MRI and learning about my dad's calcified disc protrusion I was very worried about the collateral damage from a second discectomy. Dr. Koo was punctual, warm, transparent and supportive throughout this harrowing day. It will likely be a challenging recovery from an undoubtedly difficult surgery but there is no doubt in my mind that my dad is in exceptionally gifted hands.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2017

I was transferred into sunnybrook hospital after a bad fall from a building and broke my neck. I met Dr. Koo there and was on the verge of being paralysed. Dr. Koo and his fellow and his residents took such great care of me, such great bedside manner and provided me with reassurance going into the surgery and afterwards. I had a neck fusion and I am now regaining my function. I follow Dr. Koo now at Markham Stouffville and am so grateful for everything he has done. Thank you thank you thank you. I owe him my life.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

Dr Koo is absolutely fantastic. I had a cyst on my spine and he operated to get rid of it and the pressure it caused on my sciatic nerve. Best decision I made was to have Dr, Koo operate. He is very thorough, explained everything and made me feel very comfortable. He has a wonderful bedside manner and puts patient care first ! His office staff are also excellent. Thank you for taking such good care of me.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Dr. Koo. was the best. Broke my femur in a snow boarding incident. I am not from the area, I was brought into the hospital via ambulance. Assigned Dr. Koo as the Ortho surgeon. I am totally relieved that he was my surgeon. His mannerism, patient care and all put me at ease. Thank you, Thank you Dr. Koo. It was a pleasure meeting you. I am on the road to recovery. look forward to seeing you in 6 weeks. Ethan

Submitted February 14, 2017

Dr. Kevin Koo's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients