Ratings for Dr. Keila, Parambir Singh

I saw Dr. Keila several times at the E.R. in Bancroft as I, like many others locally, do not have a family doctor. Initially he was patient & kind, thoughtful about medication dispensing & I considered asking him if he would be our family doctor. I suffer from a painful lower back/leg injury that has caused me to be away from work for about 2 months while trying to recover using a combination of walking, chiropractic & physiotherapy along with nerve & pain medication. The last time I saw him I communicated that the physiotherapist thought I needed another 2 weeks before a graduated return to work. He was like a different Doctor altogether. He said that while I told him I had pain he had no way of knowing whether I did or didn't, basically called me a liar. He doubled the pregabalin medication from 75-150mg, bypassing the available 100mg dose; the 150 dose made me feel like a zombie. He also accused me of "holding out" for an ergonomic office chair before I would return to work. He said that society needed people that work so that employers could exist in Canada. I really wasn't sure what that had to do with me as his patient & I still don't know. Then he made me return to work. During the 4 appointments he never once examined me, only shook my hand, while refusing to follow the recommendation of the physiotherapist who watched me exercise & massaged my body. I'm not certain if Dr. Keila is a megalomaniac or if he was just having a bad day but I had not expected to be treated with indifference & contempt. I am still hurt & angered by the experience & had expected more empathy.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2019

Professional E.R. Doctor. Knowledgeable .Listens carefully & answers questions thoughtfully. Patient & kind. A great asset.Thanks for making our E.R. experience as positive as it could be. Connects not only as a doctor, but also as a fellow human being. Thanks, Dr. Keila.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2018

He looked at my daughter she was very sick sent her home she was having lots of fevers my wife ask him to check her chest and listen he said it was ok if never sent her for x rays or anything and my daughter was getting a bad rash to and he only sent her home with creme for rash that's is my daughter was very sick next day we' took her to her doctors turned out she had bad ammonia and fevers were causing the rash good doctor this guy is and in my books should never be a doctor and kicked out of this town and loose his Dr licence if see this doctor at hospital ask for another doctor because you might be really sick and he will send you on his marry way you need to go back to school and learn

flag | Submitted December 5, 2018

I've been treated by Dr. Keila several times. He is compassionate, capable and a welcome addition.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2018

Dr. Keila, Parambir Singh's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

Commercial Insurance Company