Ratings for Dr. Kayla Vale

I was quite pleased with her when I first started seeing her but similar to other reviews, I would not recommend her. She rushes through appointments and has misdiagnosed me. I had a severe virus that she brushed off as a common cold and to rest, drink liquids etc. I woke up the next day feeling even worse so I went to a walk in clinic the next day and they prescribed me antibiotics. Reading other peoples reviews, perhaps she's not confident in her knowledge of prescription drugs. If you have basic needs, go to her. I wouldn't trust her with anything else.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

I can take believe the reviews on this site of Dr. Vale (now Walderman). I'm not discounting anybody's experience, but Dr. Walderman is by far the best doctor I have ever had. Sure, she is quick, but that doesn't mean she's not efficient and she will take extra time with you if you need it. She is kind, compassionate, and knowledgable. She takes me seriously as a patient and validates my concerns but will also let me know what's worth worrying about and what is not. I have referred her to many of my friends and they are equally happy with her. I would follow her to any clinic! Side note- to the person who referred to her as "disheveled," shame on you. Aside from that not being true, she's supposed to be your DOCTOR, not your dancing monkey in heels. Have some decency.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

She now goes by Dr. Walderman now. I had an amazing doctor at east liberty medical who left. I then got Dr. Vale as my family doctor. She was terrible, she would rush through appointments, interrupt me when I was trying to explain things to her. My appointments never lasted more than 2 minutes. I never felt like I got her full attention, she might have been trying to be efficient (giving the benefit of the doubt) but in reality she was erratic and dismissive. Her wait times were so long, even when you booked an appointment weeks in advance. Her staff are rude, disorganized, and would never get back to me after leaving multiple messages. I finally had to look for another family doctor.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

She's a relatively new doctor, and always looks like a disheveled mess. Her staff are rude, and she often has to go look up medications, which worries me that she's not thoroughly reviewing them and their side effects to know if they're good for a patient and their individual medical needs. Her staff are very unpleasant and rude, and seem very junior as well. Would not recommend this doctor or the practice (East Liberty Medical).

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

The staff is actually very good; but, I have to give low ratings overall because I couldn't give below zeros on helpfulness and knowledge (referring to the doctor, not the clinic). Vale is the worst doctor I have ever encountered. Zero eye contact. Zero empathy. However, it was her complete incompetence of even making a diagnosis and her refusal to even write out a requisition for a much needed MRI that baffled me. It cost me my health and put my life in limbo (all the while in extreme pain) for almost a year. After months of perseverance, I am finally receiving proper care (thanks to the great doctors at Parkdale Community Health Centre). However, no thanks to Vale who actually hindered my treatment and set me back two years of recovery. Please find another doctor (one that actually cares). Vale is, IMO, just another incompetent general practitioner trying to make a buck until she can get her own practice or become a specialist to make more cash.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Dr. Vale helped me with my anxiety I was getting at school. I was having anxiety attacks and dreaded parts of my program but she listened to me and gave me amazing advice. I feel much more confident now and I feel like my emotions were very carefully considered.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Vale/Walderman to have an IUD removed and to have some of my prenatal questions answered. I was nervous and she was kind, understanding and incredibly helpful. I am seriously considering changing doctors for my pregnancy because of how impressed I was during our appointment. I would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

I had Dr. Vale as my GP briefly before deciding to switch doctors. The staff at the clinic that she works out of are rude and unhelpful. I saw her when I first discovered I was pregnant. She prescribed me medicine for a skin condition that was actually not recommended for use during pregnancy. She was inconsiderate of my time and I consistently waited 30 minutes past my appointment time only to be rushed through the appointment in sometimes 5 minutes. I eventually decided to go with a Midwife for my prenatal care and received far and away better treatment. This doctor needs to do better by her patients. Why be a doctor if you are going to be this terrible at it?

Submitted October 15, 2016

Dr. Kayla Vale's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

MSP/BC Med