Ratings for Dr. Karin Winston

Very clear and helpful. Thorough assessment...excellent!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

Dr Winston has been treating my daughter for more than a year. Our first appointment took almost 2 hours as she had a million questions to ask, and also did a full examination. When the lab results that she sent us for came back with borderline results, she actually called me personally to see what we thought we should do, based on her several recommendations. My daughter has always been a tiny little girl when suddenly she gained almost 40 pounds within a few months, very few doctors even bothered to look for a cause. We were told that might just be how she was supposed to look. It was awful, as they only saw the weight gain and disregarded other symptoms. Dr Winston thought that PCOS was a strong possibility and we started treatment right away. My daughter's weight has returned to her normal weight, her acne has improved, her depression has gotten better and the hair on her face is starting to go away. Obviously the outside changes were difficult for my daughter, but the fact that PCOS could harm her ability to have children, we were relieved to finally be taken seriously. We are so pleased with Dr Winston, I have never encountered a doctor that was so thorough. The time spent with her is never wasteful, she asks so many questions to get a background, as well as see issues that we may not have realized were issues. I am so pleased with attention that Dr Winston gave my daughter.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Thank you to Dr. Winston for dealing with a sensitive matter in such a kind, clear and informative way. She made my son feel comfortable right away with her friendly, down to earth manner. She was thorough, knowledgeable and positive, which has him looking to the future with optimism. He was given options regarding the way forward, including the pros and cons, which has allowed him to feel some control over the anxiety he has been feeling. I feel like he was given the best care possible.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Oh my goodness...seeing Dr. Winston was one of the best medical experiences I have ever had with my son who has special needs. Her manner with him was amazing and he responded by cooperating during the whole appointment. She thoroughly explained to me his test results taking the time to make sure I had a very good understanding of the information she was giving me. Her office staff are very professional and friendly. Highly recommend Dr. Winston.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

Dr. Winston has been excellent with our daughter. Very personable and knowledgeable, answered questions, and didn't talk down to us. Emails with results of blood tests, and answers questions via email as well. Great communication, and great with kids. Didn't make us feel rushed. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

Dr. Karin Winston's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients