Ratings for Dr. Joshua Mercer

When I arrived there was no one at the desk and the radio was turned up very loud. The phone was ringing off the hook and when the secretary came to the desk she didn't even look at me and went straight for the phone. When she was ready to speak to me she was very abrupt. I got there a bit early but had to wait about a half hr for my appointment, and when I got to see Dr Mercer it was a very one sided conversation. It felt like he was doing a sales pitch that he had rehearsed.. He didn't take the time to look at my skin. I felt like I was rushed through my appointment. I didn't have a chance to ask any questions... I've been told that he actually made a deal with Western Health that doesn't allow any other dermatologist to work in Corner Brook. I've decided to go to St John's and see Dr Landells and Dr Sladen instead, they have much more knowledge of treatment options, and much more compassionate. It's worth the trip to see a better quality dermatologist.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

Nice doc pleasant manner. Did a biopsy right way. Not intimidating to talk to.appointment seemed quick but staff was very professional and empathetic

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Mercer by my family doctor with a concern for a mole on my face. He was rude and brief. He implied my concerns were for cosmetic reasons and told me if he were to remove it, he would charge me. When attempting to book a follow up appointment, I explained my situation of not being in town regularly and before I could ask if it would be best for him to refer me to another, closer dermatologist, he snapped that he could not open the clinic a day just for me. I did not ask for this and was taken aback. He was very unhelpful in my particular situation. I have since been to another (much more professional and helpful) dermatologist who removed the mole and has booked yearly appointments to follow up.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Dr. Joshua Mercer's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

Avmed