Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Joshua Gelber

I went to see Dr Gelber at the recommendation of my trainer who noticed I was misaligned in my hips when doing simple exercises. My trainer and I both saw improvement within weeks and I am looking forward to seeing how more treatment betters my body in the coming months. Dr Gelber and his team are friendly, helpful and very knowledgeable. It's a treat to pop into the office and see them.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2018

As a teenager and young adult I was involved very much in the martial arts, extreme sports and just misadventures without realizing at the time how much damage was being done to my body. About 10 years ago when I was 45 , I was diagnosed with chronic pain disorder and placed on a disability pension. I was given oxycodone for pain relief and tried many different modalities of both conventional and natural healthcare with minimal results overall. I started treatments with Dr. Gelber about 3 months ago and have experienced an amazing positive change in my overall health. Not only, for the first time in 10 years, my pain level has been quite low but also when I do have a pain flair up or re-injure myself It takes much less time to recover. Moreover, my overall outlook on life and my bodily systems are much more alive and I feel the healing of dis-ease leaving my body as well as dormant nerve endings being stimulated so that this state of homeostasis is being maintained on a permanent basis. I have also been weening off opiates for a more natural approach and the chiropractic treatments have been helping with the withdrawal symptoms. Dr. Gelber, is a true healer in every aspect and his approach to chiropractic care and over all healthy life style management for each individual patient is unique and extremely effective. Unlike most conventional medical personnel, Dr. Gelber believes that the patient plays a major role in his/her healing process and always discusses and shows you evidence of your healing progression from your initial visit and onward. His healing techniques do not just mask the issues or just treat the signs and symptoms of pain and discomfort but actually stimulate the nerves that in turn heal the cause of the pain as well as maintaining the body systems in top condition. His office is very modern and each patient has their own electronic card to sign in with and to bring up their file for Dr. Gelber to access quickly so the wait and treatment time is very short. I must also mention his assistant Grace who is very personable and keeps the office running efficiently. I would highly recommend Dr. Gelber for anyone who takes their healthcare seriously and no longer wants to live in pain or dis-ease.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2018

Dr. Gelber and his team have provided me with a very personal level of care for each of my visits and I sometimes look forward to speaking with Dr. Gelber and Grace more than the adjustment itself; they are just that friendly! The office is small with two adjustment tables and one closed door office for examinations; however, they are super efficient with a fob system for quick tap sign in so adjustments are quick and under 5 mins. At busy times there may be a line for adjustments, but it is no more than 15 mins. Dr. Gelber always fully answers your questions no matter what and provides excellent follow-up by email and by phone as well. I am loving this type of personal treatment that I receive here and will continue for as long as they are still in practice.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2018

I'm happy with the treatments that I've received from Dr. Gelber. He is always very professional, cheerful and knowledgeable. Since I've had my herniated disc in 2015, I know chiropractic care is the route to go for me as it has not re-lapsed since! Thank you Dr. Gelber!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2018

He knows his stuff but is incredibly pricey. Recommends 80 sessions (1-2 minutes per session), at 49$ each. You can find a chiro that is just as good and who manages to fix your problem in much less time for much less money. Bottom line is that Dr. Gelber tries to rope you into 80 sessions just so that he can take as much money from you as possible.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2018

Dr. Joshua Gelber's response
Hi - it's unfortunate you felt this way after we discussed whether my longer timeline and different approach was a good fit for you. Ultimately it seems like you are looking for a cheaper, faster alternative, that we could have referred you to. Best wishes in finding a better fit!

Submitted August 13, 2018

Dr. Gelber uses high pressure sales tactics to push you into prepaying for 80 (!) sessions irregardless of your issue. If you do not agree (or indicate that you are about to) he will not treat you. To become a client you are required to attend an introductory seminar selling you on the need for long-term treatment and chiropractic care as a cure-all. The slick marketing and sales coupled with an implicit demand that you purchase lifetime treatment as a necessity for good health turns the office into something more like a weird personality cult. While the adjustments are well done and the office professionally run, I would highly recommend going elsewhere, like you will end up doing eventually anyways, unless you get sucked in.

Submitted April 20, 2018

Dr. Joshua Gelber's response
Thanks for the kind words about our standards of care. It's sad to hear you felt like there was pressure in our conversations - I always strive to help people understand we operate differently than a lot of others out there, and aim for long-term wellness, absolutely. I like to make sure people have a choice, and know that choosing our services is an option, never an obligation. Best of luck!

Submitted August 13, 2018

There is no proper words from me to express my experience with Dr. Gelber and his staff through all years I know them( over 10). There is always time to hear your question as well suggestion how to take care of it . You feel always welcomed every time you walking trough that door. Softness, kindness , knowledge and good words always there. Thank you guys.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

Always very cheerful, pleasant, and accommodating.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

Dr. Gelber always greets you with a smile. Not only is he great at helping his patients with treating and alleviating pain and discomfort, he also takes time to listen to other concerns you may have and is there to offer guidance and support. In summary, he is an excellent Chiropractor and an extremely compassionate person, and I highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a Chiropractor who cares. The office staff are also very efficient and helpful and are always very welcoming; this makes visits to Dr. Gelber's office a wonderful experience.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2018

He is really a very compassionate and helpful person. His goal is to really help the patient get better. Thanks Dr. Josh.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2018

Dr. Joshua Gelber's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Ever since I can remember, helping people has always been my passion. Even today, I still get the greatest enjoyment in helping people in fulfilling their lives. I don’t create rocket scientists or olympic athletes, my aspirations are more modest. I simply help people overcome the physical pain that overwhelms their everyday lives and obstructs the path that prevents them being their best. This is why I chose to be a chiropractor. I saw that the physical pain and suffering that so many people silently endure, prevented them from enjoying a fuller life that most take for granted. My approach is different. In addition to alleviating the symptoms of your pain, I try hard to understand how this is affecting you and to learn about you as a person, and together, chart a course on the road to total wellness. I’ve learned through experience, that chiropractic is more than making adjustments – it’s creating a holistic approach that is individually crafted to your needs so that pain will not impede your journey to a richer and happier life.

• English

• Logan University (Grad. 2003)
  • York University (Grad. 2000)

• Tension headache