Ratings for Dr. Josephine McKeown

i would highly reccommend not going to her, not very helpful and very uneducted about trauma for a psychiatrist. is very bad at explaining things and i feel so unheard when i see her, like many other reviewers.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2019

Josephine now specialising in 25 years of under and if you can get an appt with her you are one of the lucky ones. Excellent and first class!

flag | Submitted July 31, 2019

seemed to lack confidence and was quick to try to admit me to a hospital and give medication, which I would see as a last resort. Didn't seem knowledgeable, experienced or competent. Maybe too early in her career

flag | Submitted April 22, 2019

Sometimes runs late but worth the wait. Very caring doctor and l felt fully supported.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2018

I found she was always running late, very little care about how you are going and only in it for the money. I leave in tears every time Because I'm so unheard

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Jo is a very nice person with a good heart. I did however find that at times, she didn't appear very sure of herself.. I lost count the amount of "second opinions" I had whilst I was under her care. I did see her earlier in her the career and would assume that she is more experienced and hopefully more confident in her ability now that she wouldn't need to ask colleagues for their opinions as much as she did for me. I do appreciate the time Jo spent supporting and assisting me over the years and agree that she does relate well to young people.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

I would recommend Jo to anyone - lovely gentle manner, very knowledgable , professional , understanding and helpful.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

Have been seeing Jo for going on 8 years now. So knowledgeable and current with new medications and treatments. Has a very maternal vibe. Understanding and genuinely caring. Let's my baby play with her medical instrucments and change his nappy in her office, putting the nappy in the bin for me. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

She is really nice, but often I feel as though she is always in a hurry. Its as though she doesn't have a lot of time for her patients, so so not really feel supported. Does not really help to work through things. Quick to give medication.

Submitted May 18, 2016

Always running late, which would be okay if actually helpful. Not good at listening to patient's needs and preferences. Lost her temper too.

Submitted October 26, 2015

Dr. Josephine McKeown's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients