Dr. Jesse Slade Shantz

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jesse Slade Shantz

Dr. Schantz did total shoulder replacements o n both of my shoulders. Fantastic surgery and recovery. For the first time in many years, I was pain free and able to function normally. No more tears for me. Thank you so very much. You had left Ajax before i could tell you how much I appreciated you and your wonderful work. Thank you. Helen Keys

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

Dr. Shantz is very dedicated to his patients. He takes the time to listen to what a person wants and needs. He is also committed to being on the cutting edge of medical innovations that provide for greater comfort and safety for all. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2018

He’s amazing at fixing my shoulder and a year later it’s still perfect. Thank you so much.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

Dr. Shantz, I just wanted to thank you so much for your help, I was able to play baseball again this year after the surgery on my right elbow, pain free!, recommended 100%, great service.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

Good luck with the new steps in your life. You are a fantastic surgeon. good luck in Calgary

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Dr. Shantz was AMAZING from diagnosis, surgery and post-op. Dr. Shantz had even discovered 2 other problems with my shoulder that my local diagnostics clinic had either missed or overlooked! I was able to get in to see him very quickly, and Dr. Shantz was abloe to schedule my surgery even faster that I could think possible. Despite being a very busy surgeon, he always made time to answer any questions I had, and explain procedures, etc. He even showed me pictures and videos of my own shoulder surgery - VERY interesting. Although Dr. Shantz has moved onto a new opportunity in Edmonton, he flew back to Ajax to do the first 2 follow-up appointments with me, as well as several other of his patients. The Shoulder Clinic and Rouge Valley Hospital has lost a very valuable asset in Dr. Shantz. Whatever clinic in Edmonton that takes Dr. Shantz on is EXTREMELY fortunate, and the people of Edmonton are gaining a PHENOMENAL SURGEON!!!! I wish Dr. Jesse Slade Shantz all the best in the future!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Dr. Shantz has been amazing. He spent a lot of time with me prior to my decision to proceed with my rotator cuff surgery, explaining the procedure and answering all my questions. I never felt rushed or stupid. Although Dr. Shantz has moved onto a new opportunity in Edmonton, he has made himself available by email to answer my post-operative questions. Truly a first-class, exceptional person and surgeon! As well, Katrina was excellent and very prompt with replies. I am sad to see Dr. Shantz leave Ajax-Pickering Hospital and the Shoulder Clinic, but wish him all the very best for the future!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Dr. Shantz was able to help with my frozen shoulder. He recommended that I receive a cortisone injection and was able to arrange an appointment for me very quickly. I'd already been to my family doctor and was in a lot of pain. After the treatment he recommended I was pain free and able to start using my shoulder and arm again almost immediately. That was 2 years ago and it's never returned and I have the full use of my arm/shoulder again.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

I've been impressed with Dr. Shantz and his willingness to explain everything related to my shoulder surgery and the aftereffect. He's eager to answer my question and make sure that I understand what exactly is going on. It's been a great experience being his patient!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

I got to know Dr. Shantz when he did my surgery on my fractured femur in 2015. He is an excellent surgeon. He takes care of his patients with care and explains everything of what goes on with his surgery. He did an excellent job on my fractured femur that the healing process went so well.... not even a trace of keloids on the incision. He demonstrates professionalism in dealing with his patients. He discusses the results of the follow up appointments in detail and with concerns. He does not rush through unlike other doctors or specialists. There is one thing though, that I admire most about Dr. Shantz, let alone his being an excellent surgeon, is his humbleness. He is so humble and courteous. He talks to his patients with respect and dignity that as a patient, your ego is boosted that you become positive in your attitude which helps the patient's healing process to go easily and smoothly. And having Katrina as her secretary, her kindness towards the patients also helps in the process of healing. She is so accommodating when you phone for appointments. You will be missed, Dr. Shantz! I hope your replacement is as kind and excellent as you. I am sure that wherever you go , you will remain an excellent surgeon. Enjoy your new journey and good luck to you and your family! God bless! Ning Alhambra

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr. Jesse Slade Shantz's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Fellowship-trained Shoulder and Sports Surgeon. I perform arthroscopic and open surgeries of the shoulder, elbow and knee and provide biologic treatments to patients with musculoskeletal injuries and issues. I take a patient-centred approach to musculoskeletal problems. I have opted out of the public health system to provide patients access to care and enhanced communication with the entire care team.

• English
  • Portuguese
  • Spanish

• University of Western Ontario (Grad. 2005)
  • University of Manitoba (Grad. 2011)
  • University of California -San Francisco (Grad. 2013)
  • University of Toronto (Grad. 2014)

• Frozen shoulder