Dr. Jesse Slade Shantz

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Jesse Slade Shantz

I learned from one of the staff that Dr Shantz is a consultant for one of the companies who's products he puts in. I don't know about you, but I want someone putting in the product that's right for me, and not because he's being paid by the company! Not very professional surgical practice in my opinion.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2018

Dr. Jesse Slade Shantz

Dr. Jesse Slade Shantz's response
Thanks for this comment. I am not a paid consultant. I disclose my conflict of being an educator for Arthrex and Tribe (Canadian Arthrex distributor) when relevant as suggested by the medical colleges. I do use the equipment that I think will provide my patients the best outcome at the best price. I can assure you that I attempt to provide the highest level of professionalism in my practice. As the rating suggests that I have already met you and you should have access to call me, and I would be happy to discuss your concerns directly. I hope that my medical care was satisfactory as my commitment is to my patients and their treatment goals.

Submitted August 30, 2018

Dr Shantz did a huge surgery on my shoulder with seven anchors. His skill and expertise is phenomenal. He preformed an excellent surgery at False Greek Clinic. I barely have any evidence of surgery with barely a mark on my shoulder., No scaring at all! Dr Shantz was so available after surgery for any questions I had. My shoulder has a long recovery ahead but I am thrilled with the work he did. I Would highly recommend Dr Shantz for anyone’s shoulder needs. So glad I found him. He’s the absolute best. Patricia Tufts.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2018

Dr. Schantz did total shoulder replacements o n both of my shoulders. Fantastic surgery and recovery. For the first time in many years, I was pain free and able to function normally. No more tears for me. Thank you so very much. You had left Ajax before i could tell you how much I appreciated you and your wonderful work. Thank you. Helen Keys

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

Dr. Shantz is very dedicated to his patients. He takes the time to listen to what a person wants and needs. He is also committed to being on the cutting edge of medical innovations that provide for greater comfort and safety for all. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2018

He’s amazing at fixing my shoulder and a year later it’s still perfect. Thank you so much.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2017

Dr. Shantz, I just wanted to thank you so much for your help, I was able to play baseball again this year after the surgery on my right elbow, pain free!, recommended 100%, great service.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

Good luck with the new steps in your life. You are a fantastic surgeon. good luck in Calgary

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Dr. Shantz was AMAZING from diagnosis, surgery and post-op. Dr. Shantz had even discovered 2 other problems with my shoulder that my local diagnostics clinic had either missed or overlooked! I was able to get in to see him very quickly, and Dr. Shantz was abloe to schedule my surgery even faster that I could think possible. Despite being a very busy surgeon, he always made time to answer any questions I had, and explain procedures, etc. He even showed me pictures and videos of my own shoulder surgery - VERY interesting. Although Dr. Shantz has moved onto a new opportunity in Edmonton, he flew back to Ajax to do the first 2 follow-up appointments with me, as well as several other of his patients. The Shoulder Clinic and Rouge Valley Hospital has lost a very valuable asset in Dr. Shantz. Whatever clinic in Edmonton that takes Dr. Shantz on is EXTREMELY fortunate, and the people of Edmonton are gaining a PHENOMENAL SURGEON!!!! I wish Dr. Jesse Slade Shantz all the best in the future!

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Dr. Shantz has been amazing. He spent a lot of time with me prior to my decision to proceed with my rotator cuff surgery, explaining the procedure and answering all my questions. I never felt rushed or stupid. Although Dr. Shantz has moved onto a new opportunity in Edmonton, he has made himself available by email to answer my post-operative questions. Truly a first-class, exceptional person and surgeon! As well, Katrina was excellent and very prompt with replies. I am sad to see Dr. Shantz leave Ajax-Pickering Hospital and the Shoulder Clinic, but wish him all the very best for the future!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Dr. Shantz was able to help with my frozen shoulder. He recommended that I receive a cortisone injection and was able to arrange an appointment for me very quickly. I'd already been to my family doctor and was in a lot of pain. After the treatment he recommended I was pain free and able to start using my shoulder and arm again almost immediately. That was 2 years ago and it's never returned and I have the full use of my arm/shoulder again.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

Dr. Jesse Slade Shantz's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Fellowship-trained Shoulder and Sports Surgeon. I perform arthroscopic and open surgeries of the shoulder, elbow and knee and provide biologic treatments to patients with musculoskeletal injuries and issues. I take a patient-centred approach to musculoskeletal problems. I have opted out of the public health system to provide patients access to care and enhanced communication with the entire care team.

• English
  • Portuguese
  • Spanish

• University of Western Ontario (Grad. 2005)
  • University of Manitoba (Grad. 2011)
  • University of California -San Francisco (Grad. 2013)
  • University of Toronto (Grad. 2014)

• Frozen Shoulder Treatment