Ratings for Dr. Jesse Slade Shantz

I am definitely coming back to continue with my shoulder treatment.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2019

Excellent Dr! He was very thorough and had a clear plan for getting a timely accurate diagnosis. He decided the best option was to not perform surgery and provided alternative treatment, which has worked great!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2019

I am thankful that there is an independent specialist who provides a timely review and gives insightful advice. I wish him well and a warm "thank you".

flag | Submitted August 28, 2019

Dr Shantz and Leeane. Go see this team! ( if you want results) Knowledgeable, professional, accessible, resourceful and understanding. I can’t say enough about both Dr Shantz and LeeAnne.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2019

My family Doctor recommended Dr. Shantz to determine options for my shoulder injury. The consult with Dr. Shantz was very informative and he took the time to diagnose the shoulder problems and outline both surgical and non surgical options. I chose the surgery option and that was completed within 2 weeks after the consult. The follow up consult was equally valuable as Dr. Shantz reviewed the procedures during surgery and then the follow on recovery process. All in all Dr. Shantz was very knowledgeable, professional and easy to talk with.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2019

I felt a lot better after this appointment. Dr. Shantz explained what has happened, and took his time in explaining the options. I felt heard, which for me was a big thing. Also, Caitlyn and Leanne were very friendly and helpful. Trust Dr. Shantz's opinion, knew from this appointment, that he is very knowledgeable, and has had a lot of experience. Also very friendly, and answered all of my questions. Thank you. Alida Tuininga

flag | Submitted August 21, 2019

It was such a pleasure meeting with Dr. Jesse. Very easy to talk to and he did not push surgery, in fact, we decided physio was my best option. But I got an expert opinion within 2 days and didn't have to wait months to see a specialist in our healthcare system! They gave me exercises to do to augment my physio and followed up to make sure I was doing ok. A real pleasure having access to this type of medical help and professionalism. I hope we get more of this type of service in Alberta!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2019

Excellent consulting appointment ... examined and then explained options moving forward.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2019

Dr. Jesse Shantz cured my frozen shoulder in one visit. He is a terrific doctor. I would recommend him to anybody.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2019

Dr. Slade Shantz was incredibly helpful in identifying the issue and source of my neck pain and working with me to find a solution and plan to resolve my condition. Acumen is an incredibly knowledgeable, friendly and professional medical team. Thank you!!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2019

Dr. Jesse Slade Shantz's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Fellowship-trained Shoulder and Sports Surgeon. I perform arthroscopic and open surgeries of the shoulder, elbow and knee and provide biologic treatments to patients with musculoskeletal injuries and issues. I take a patient-centred approach to musculoskeletal problems. I have opted out of the public health system to provide patients access to care and enhanced communication with the entire care team.

• English
  • Portuguese
  • Spanish

• University of Western Ontario (Grad. 2005)
  • University of Manitoba (Grad. 2011)
  • University of California -San Francisco (Grad. 2013)
  • University of Toronto (Grad. 2014)

• Frozen Shoulder Treatment