Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey Adams

An excellent psychiatrist all around with a lot of time and empathy. He really listens to you and looks to optimise your medication regime. It’s not a bad thing to talk about yourself to help relate to others and create a mutual bond of trust. Highly recommended

flag | Submitted October 9, 2018

I started seeing Dr Adams at the start of this year as was highly regarded by my GP, who I believe was right. He has helped me improve many aspects of my life and I know my illness feels controlled for the first time. The practice is calming, the staff great and Dr Adams made me feel welcome and heard. Some medications were changed, but he didn't touch anything at first and he also asked me to work with a psychologist as well. I have had to score a point down for punctuality because he's terrible at ending his sessions on time (so I try to see him in the morning!), but I felt I was getting 110% when I was with him and he was the first psychiatrist I have felt at ease with. He has really helped me and I trust him. I'll keep seeing him when I need to.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2018

Danger, egotistical. He is driven by a pharmaceutical model that is not evidence based placing my life at danger, He did not have the underpinning knowledge to recognise that his management was causing my illness rather than resolving it. Once he caused me to be unstable on his treatment he could only see the solution as adding more drugs or ECT. He is fixated on these two models as he will tell you (ego) he wrote an ECT treatment plan at the hospital he worked at, and he did specialty training in pharmacology. What he never did was listen to how my brain deteriorated as he assaulted it. Leaving him and working with another psych who removed the medications that were outside Dr Adams colleges guidelines for treatment has now got me into remission. I never needed his plan of more drugs till failure then ECT. Reckless disregard of my life put me at risk of suicide.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2018

This guy's very weird. I agree with the other comments. He has a huge ego. He talks about himself alot. Don't be fooled. Pay him hundred's of $$$ but it's not about you. I can't say I've gained anything from our few visits. Just poorer & still confused.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2018

As a female patient I would not recommend this doctor.Steer clear.He was always talking about himself and his personal life whilst tooting his own horn on how good he was.He constantly wanted you to boost his already over inflated ego. He refused to recognise the side effects of my medications. He will not hesitate to throw you under the bus to meet his own needs. I wasted two and a half years with this doctor whom has had a very adverse affect on my life. Definitely did me more harm than good.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

Narcissistic, arrogant, OCD, overly inflated ego & every appt sought some sort of validation from me that he was a great psychiatrist. He wasn't. He ignored sound evidence of my condition as he didn't want to subscribe a certain med that would really help me, as it might hurt his reputation. Only concerned for himself. I knew after my first few visits with him that he wasn/t there for me but I persevered as I knew he could lose me my job. Well, 2 yrs down the track with no help from him, he's done that. Should have stopped seeing him 2 yrs ago.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2018

Very thankful for Dr Adams' understanding, knowledge and care. Helped me through a very difficult time, and after going through a number of doctors. Would definitely recommend.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

After trying other doctors I was skeptical that anything would work but Dr. Adams found the right medicine for me.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

An expert in trialing and trialing and trialing and trialing meds without ever getting it right. Poor

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Very thankful to have found Dr Adams. He is very knowledgeable, and yet his humanity is very aparent and he treats his patients with respect.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Dr. Jeffrey Adams's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients