Ratings for Dr. Jason Wong

STAY AS FAR AWAY FROM DR JASON WONG AS POSSIBLE, It is now over 1 year since Dr Jason Wong made a mess of the operation to remove my mother's gallbladder at 6 pm at night probably on his way home from a full day at Redcliffe public hospital and he sent her home the next day without even bothering to call in to see how she was. He had made his money and was now no longer interested. I have just read all the complaints against his partner Dr William Braun who referred my mother onto Wong as Braun was on holidays. There are complaints by nurses of sexual misconduct and complications and people left needing further surgery by other doctors to try and fix up Brauns mistakes. Apparently, by the letters I have just read on the internet by various doctors concerned about the mess Braun has made of his patients, Braun has told these doctors to referre his patients onto Dr Jason Wong. You Jason are not only covering up your own mess but Brauns as well. I can not believe you and William Braun are allowed to practice and run Redcliffe Hospital, I also don't know how you can sleep at night.You have destroyed my mother's life as well as mine as I have spent the last year watching her daily in severe pain which eventually leaves her in hospital for weeks trying to get the pain THAT YOU LEFT HER IN under some sort of control. They are constantly trying different painkillers which so far have left her worse off from the side effects of the drugs I intend to contact the doctor who has reported all this misconduct about you and Braun to AHPRA and I will be lodging a complaint to AHPRA also. You are no better than Dr Patel you are butchers and should not be allowed to practice and LIE TO YOUR PATIENTS

flag | Submitted March 9, 2019

I don't really know how to rate Dr Wong as my mother has been in pain for six months now after having her gallbladder removed in Jan 2018 and I am left to deal with the daily problem as no one really wants to know. If anything it has been left to our GP to try and sort out which does not seem the appropriate

Submitted August 5, 2018

Dr. Jason Wong's response
I have gone above and beyond to help with the management of her symptoms which are not related to the surgery as her abdominal pain was longstanding for years prior to surgery, and even facilitated multiple specialist opinions who have all agreed with her diagnosis which requires pain relief and psychological consultation. Adjusting pain relief doses is not something best done by a surgeon and I have liaised with her GP personally to ensure her pain management is appropriate. I cannot get her to take the pain relief that has been prescribed and cannot force her to see the psychologist I have been recommending for months. I have taken calls and been to see her in hospital in my own personal time when she was supposedly in severe pain and every time she is in hospital she takes the same pain killers she has at home and does not have pain. I will arrange further care for your mother to reiterate the same thing I have been reiterating and your mother agreeing upon for months.

Submitted August 26, 2018

My deepest and sincerest thanks for my surgery and post-op care - all so incredibly skilled and with compassion. I believe you are a rare kind of doctor in today’s world. I appreciate your generosity of consultation, skills, aftercare and empathy. Once again, thank you (words seem so inadequate).

flag | Submitted July 3, 2018

Dr. Jason Wong's response
It was a pleasure to treat you and thank you for the more than kind words.

Submitted August 26, 2018

After doing a lot of research about my procedure, I just had to find the right surgeon. I saw Dr Wong from a referral from my GP who had worked in the same hospital. I was a little concerned there were not many reviews about him, however as soon as I met him, he put me right at ease. He was informative, considerate and very polite. It was clear he knew everything about what he was doing, so I was instantly relaxed. The clinic offered the best pre and post op support (not that I’ve really needed much). Dr Wong’s bedside manner has to be the best I’ve ever seen (though my first procedure, I’ve been around as a support person for many). This was also reiterated by the amazing hospital staff. The detail of his care, right to the point of giving me a get well card, with a wise and motivatingly positive message prior to leaving hospital, was almost overwhelming. I’d definitely recommend him for anything. He’s the best!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

Dr. Jason Wong's response
Thank you for the review. I pride myself in communicating well and providing personalised care to every patient. I treat all my patients how I would expect any of my family members to be treated plus more. I wish you all the very best.

Submitted August 26, 2018

I met Dr Wong recently and he was very helpful and thorough answering all my questions. I didn't feel rushed at all and he has an excellent team in Brisbane that includes nurse, dietitian and admin support. I like the fact that he works with Dr Braun, so realistically I have two very good surgeons who look after me.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2017

Dr. Jason Wong's response
We have an excellent team and I would not be able to do my job without them. Thank you for your kind words.

Dr. Jason Wong's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr Jason Wong completed his surgical training in New Zealand, excelling along the way including a medal for the best registrar. He further specialised in Upper Gastrointestinal and Bariatric Surgery after completing his training in 2014, and moved to Brisbane in 2016. Dr Wong is well-known for his caring bedside manner, going the extra-mile for his patients, being thorough and dedication. He works with Dr William Braun at Lap Surgery Brisbane, Weight and Metabolic Solutions Australia where there is an in-house team of nurse, dietician, psychology/ psychiatry with partnership physician and exercise physiologist available. Post-operative follow-up is all inclusive of any fees paid for weight-loss surgery. Dr Wong also is employed as a Staff Specialist at Redcliffe Public Hospital and is the Director of Surgical Training, sitting on the Queensland Training Committee for General Surgery.

• University of Otago (Grad. 2007)

• John McCall Medal for Best Surgical Registrar