Ratings for Dr. James Feinberg

Dr. Feinberg is more than amazing; our family can’t recommend him enough to those seeking help for their child. In the fall of 2016 we contacted our pediatrician with concerns about our 7 year old son’s increasing anxiety. He had always been the kid with a smile on his face and was willing to try new experiences. But his smile had faded and he was paralyzed with sickening fears of going to school and other social situations. We were given Dr. Feinberg’s contact information and without hesitation we called him. Graciously and honestly he talked us through his evaluation process and what his background entailed. When we learned more about his practice and Grace, his therapy dog, we were given some hope we would get some answers and relief with our son’s anxiety. Upon meeting Dr. F we quickly realized how experienced he was in his field. Our son instantly felt comfortable with him and Grace. He was excited to go to the office and have his time with them. Over the next few months we started to see him smile again. His attitude about going places like school and social settings was no longer abrasive or argumentative. In his words, “After I see Dr. F, I feel better on the inside.” If it wasn’t for Dr. F’s genuine heart, dynamic intelligence, and keen perception we would be still looking for answers about his anxiety. Dr. F and Grace have brought back our happy smiley son.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Dr. Feinberg is the doctor we have spent years searching for, and we are so grateful to have finally found him! Dr. F. is extremely thorough in his diagnostic process. He took the time to get to know our son, and truly evaluate him one-on-one over a five week period, as opposed to the impersonal process of circling numbers on a page. He let us know right away that he would be very honest (even if it hurt), and that he would work to get to the root of the problem, not just put band-aids on symptoms. He came back to us with a very straightforward diagnosis that immediately matched everything that I had felt in my heart was going on with our child. Our son is very uncomfortable being touched, especially displays of affection. He has been unable to be hugged or kissed for as long as I can remember. After seeing Dr. Feinberg for just ashort time, I have been hugging, and kissing him every day. I have to pinch myself to believe it is real. I cannot imagine a more amazing gift than that, I truly did not think it was possible. He is smiling and laughing much more easily now, and his teacher reports she sees enormous changes in him socially and emotionally. She reports his work habits have improved as well. Our son absolutely loves his visits with Dr. F. and Grace; he looks forward to them each week. I cannot recommend Dr. Feinberg highly enough, I am filled with gratitude to have found him.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

We find value great value in Dr. F’s pragmatic approach to treating psychological issues. He is quick to respond to inquiries and clear with his expectations regarding treatment, costs, patient progress; as well as the need for his continued services. Our son feels very comfortable working with Dr. F and tells us his sessions are helping. We can attest to this as we also have witnessed a positive change in our son.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

Our son is battling adolescent anxiety and depression. We’re thankful as a family to have Dr. Feinberg in our corner. He’s a true expert in his field, conveying analysis and guidance that makes a lot of sense. In addition, he has the courage to be candid, while also showing kindness and compassion. DrF has been our rock in a storm – we’re fortunate to have an individual with his mix of expertise and compassion on our team.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2016

Dr. Feinberg has helped our son (and us) with various issues over the past 2 years. His analysis is right on. His advice is superb. He is a real expert in the field, and is a huge advocate for my son. All the while, he is forthcoming, honest, genuine, and so very kind. It has been a tremendous blessing to have his help and insight during these difficult times.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2016

Dr. James Feinberg's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. James Feinberg is a child clinical psychologist with more than 25 years experience. He specializes in evaluating and treating boys and teenage boys. Play therapy, talking therapy, and pet-assisted therapy are the modalities of treatment utilized to achieve positive and lasting change. The focus of Dr. Feinberg's small clinical practice is upon providing exceptional and uncompromising care.

• Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children
  • Separation anxiety
  • Social anxiety disorder (social phobia)
  • Teen depression
  • Reactive attachment disorder
  • Oppositional defiant disorder (ODD)