Ratings for Dr. J. Mark Pool

We feel blessed and fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Pool. Thank goodness Dr. Tauranian "blew us off". Dr. Pool is a caring, personable, fantastic surgeon, the best in the world. We (my whole family and wife LOVE Dr. Pool. He even prays with you!!!!! He knows what he is doing. I am 86 years old.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2018

I am so very fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Pool. He is a caring compassionate person and an exceptional surgeon. He was very thorough and detailed with the explanations of how my procedure would go. He took all of the time I needed to answer our questions and make me feel as comfortable as possible when facing heart surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Pool in every facet of the process, wonderful person, excellent surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2018

Dr. Pool performed a robotic lobectomy to remove my upper left lobe of my lungs which had been invaded by a squamous cell tumor. Very fortunately it was discovered early and was small. The pathology report cited clear margins of 2 centimeters or more and the 17 lymph nodes removed were all clear as well. This translates to a cure and no chemo or radiation will be needed. The surgery occurred on April 27, 2018, and I was fully released the following May 22. I grew up in Dallas but now live 60 miles north in Sherman, Texas. Everything good about Dr. Pool that you read on this and other sites is true and I fully agree with the thoughts of others. So, rather than repeat what others have written I will offer some other insights. First, God sent me to Dr. Pool to receive his care. My tumor had been found by my Pulmonologist who will tell you that he was led by God to order a full CT scan even though that is not normally a part of his new patient workup. I had no symptoms to lead him to do so and we were doing a workup to diagnose a sleeping disorder. The report from the imaging center came back disclosing the tumor and advising that it should be considered malignent until proven otherwise. A biopsy was had and diagnosed as a squamous cell carcinoma by a local pathologist. I started hunting for a thorasic surgeon, who used robotic techniques, searching the web and asking for such a doctor in Dallas or Collin County. Up popped a multi page list and the only name that could be read was Dr. Pool's. The others were blurry, indistinct, and not readable. When I read his name I immediately knew that he would be my choice and great peace came over me. Out of the corner of my eye there was that same golden light visible that I first saw when giving my heart to Jesus. God knows that I am often oblivious and he was hitting me with a 2X4. My research continued but there was never any wavering about who my surgeon would be. Dr. Pool did not know this at the time of our first appointment but I doubt he had any choice other than to accept me as his patient. Secondly, this man works hard . . . very hard. I had some difficulty recovering from the anesthesia and was in the hospital for eight days. He saw me each day. I noticed that what makes him happiest is to see his patient getting better. On the days that I wasn't better it was like he had a damper on his spirit, but then when I was better his face would light up with a full face smile. He truly cares about the progress of his patients. Lastly, Dr. Pool's support staff exceeded all expectations. Other than one repeat visit, each day brought a new staff member to see about me. They were caring, courteous and made sure you were comfortable before moving on. Each had a quiet calmness about them that gave the patient confidence about the care they provided. I hope you choose Dr. Pool if you need any of the services he provides. You cannot do better. I could not be more pleased with my choice.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

I felt like I was in good hands with Dr. Pool and could turn everything over to him and, despite the seriousness of the operation, not feel anxious.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2018

makes you feel at ease right away, answered all our questions. You will not find a better Doctor. I had a Lobectomy because of a huge Cancer spot. Thank God we found each other.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

I saw Dr Pool yesterday and he is wonderful. I am going into surgery and he really eased my mind. He spent alot of time explaining the procedure. Whew! I feel at ease with him doing the surgery. Thank you Dr. Pool!

flag | Submitted December 20, 2017

During my diagnosis, I visited with three vascular specialists, and Dr. Pool was by far the easiest to communicate with. He was patient, thorough, and described my issues and options using descriptions that were easy to understand. I had done some research and asked a lot of detailed questions, and he was eager to answer to every one. As a business owner, I was sensitive to the timing of the surgery and recovery period. He listened and accommodated these concerns with a date near a holiday that was best for me, not him. He described the recovery period based on my specifics, age, condition, etc., which was better than I expected. His assistant, Ashley Carter was easily accessible by phone and email and provided tremendous assistance in the surgery scheduling and all of the pre-surgery routines. Dr. Pool was amazing at the hospital; he was calm and collected. He spent quality time with me and my wife prior to surgery. Everyone I encountered at the hospital knew him and made specific comments on how much they respected him, especially the anesthesiologist – he was a seasoned doctor who said he has never worked with anyone as talented as Dr. Pool. Dr. Pool and his team were attentive after surgery. The speedy recovery went much as he predicted – clearly indicating that he did a great job. I have had no issues since surgery, and believe I have made a 100% recovery. I would highly recommend Dr. Pool.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2017

Dr Pool spends a lot of time explaining and answering questions. He has skilled hands and an optimistic approach.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2017

Dr. Pool is a truly gifted doctor and human being. He is compassionate, kind, as well as being an expert in what he does. He and his staff got me in quickly, and he stayed late to help answer all my questions in a way that made me feel very comfortable and at ease before the surgery. I would highly recommend him to anyone that needed his talents. I so very much appreciated the fact that he is a godly man who prayed with me before surgery and at my post-op visit. God bless Dr. Pool.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2017

Dr. Pool was friendly, courteous and excellent to treat me. God used him to operate on me and get me feel better quickly. I strongly recommend Dr. Pool to anyone looking for the conditions he treats.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

Dr. J. Mark Pool's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

GHI