Dr. Isaac E. Sasson, M.D., Ph.D.

Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Isaac E. Sasson, M.D., Ph.D.

Truly caring of his patients. You’re not just a #!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

My husband and I are now pregnant with our second child after returning to Shady Grove and and Dr. Sasson . I was equally impressed with the experience the second time around. Not only has my personal experience with SG and Dr. Sasson been exceptionally positive, I have also sent numerous friends and acquaintances his way and each of them has reported a similar experience. As others have mentioned, I also had negative experiences with another local provider. Dr. Sasson identified the source of my infertility upon my first ultrasound when another doctor had missed it after multiple ultrasounds. I attibute this both to his expertise and the fact that her personally performed the ultrasound rather than just viewing still images. As others have said, I could go on and on about SG, Dr. Sasson, his staff, and the facility. However, in short, this practice is unmatched in my opinion in its courtesy, professionalism, and expertise.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2018

There's not enough space on this page to allow me to say everything I want to say about Dr. Sasson and his staff. He is by far the best doctor I have ever had, and his staff is 100%. Dr. Sasson is kind, patient, caring and explains any questions you have. I had gone to two others clinics in the area before coming here, and had two unsuccessful rounds of IVF before the doctors told me I was no longer a candidate. I was nervous to face more rejection, but came to Shady Grove and Dr. Sasson gave me the hope to try again, even accepting my into his guarantee program after the other clinic told me no. In just one cycle, he had produced double the embryos that the previous clinics were able to and at better quality. Also important to note, he found a growth that two other clinics had missed which had I not removed, could have prevented me from getting pregnant. Also, I was terrified of the IVF procedure because of my previous experiences which were always incredibly long and painful and with a different doctor each time. Dr. Sasson always performed my transfers and did so quickly and painlessly. Another key feature of SGF is you always have an assigned nurse who you can e-mail questions to anytime and you receive a quick answer back. I had Erica for half of my time who was amazing, and I was so scared when she got promoted that my next nurse couldn't possibly be as nice, but she was just as perfect: Nikki. Nikki and Erica made me experience at Shady Grove so much better, by always being there to answer questions and make me feel less nervous. Also want to shout out to Ted, the sweetest man who withdraws blood and is so upbeat and cheerful (not to mention you can barely feel the needles because he is so good) as well as Nina, the receptionist who knows everyone's name and greets everyone with a caring smile, and Abby, another nurse who was usually there when I went in, and truly cared to see my husband and I succeed and always had a smile on her face. I didn't have much interaction with anyone else because Dr. Sasson was usually the doctor I saw however Dr. Martin filled in from time to time too and he was excellent as well! I can't remember everyone else's name but the entire staff is the friendliest group I have encountered everywhere, and now that I am finally pregnant (on my first round!) I am really going to miss seeing everyone here. What a special place and a special group of people!

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

We have been trying to have a child for over 13 years, we originally went through everything with another company with no luck and got the run around, so we gave up for a few years until we met with Dr. Sasson. After meeting with the Dr. we spoke about our options and decided to follow through with everything again and we are happy to say our daughter was born 2 weeks ago thanks to Dr Sasson and his staff.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

There aren't enough adjectives out there to properly convey how great Dr. Sasson and the entire Shady Grove group is. This is one of, if not THE best experience I've ever had within America's Healthcare system. If you're experiencing any infertility issues (no matter how large or small) the team at Shady Grove will treat you with a caring and customized approach.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

Dr. Sasson and The Shady Grove team went above and beyond for my Husband and I. From the first appointment in May I knew we didn’t have to search around anymore. He was very knowledgeable and you can tell he takes his job very serious. The nurses and other Drs are just as great! They all work as a team and are suoer friendly and helpful. I believe that he will get us pregnant with our second.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

From the very beginning Dr. Sasson and all of his staff were amazing. They were always friendly and made sure to explain things in terms that I was able to understand. I would highly suggest Dr. Sasson to anyone!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

Dr Sasson and everyone at Shady Grove are knowledgeable, kind, and supportive. I would recommend Dr Sasson and the office to anyone struggling to get pregnant. I had a hard time getting pregnant with complications and sickness and through it all everyone at Shady Grove was rooting for me, even when I wasn't up to rooting for myself. I'm now into my second trimester and so thankful for Dr. Sasson and his Chesterbrook team.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

Dr Sasson, the SGF nurses, and the office staff are wonderful! I can't say enough positive things about my experiences at the Chesterbrook Shady Grove office. They were all incredibly professional, supportive, and thorough. From our first appointment he made us feel like we mattered. He Always takes the time to sit down and answer as many questions as we had!! The office knows your name and makes you feel like family each visit. I am now 12 weeks pregnant and owe this all to Dr. Sasson and his wonderful team!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

Both Dr Sasson and Dr Kallen were excellent in every way. Everyone at Shady Grove truly make you feel like they are there to help people and it reminds me that anyone who has a job that helps others is blessed.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

Dr. Isaac E. Sasson, M.D., Ph.D.'s Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Isaac E. Sasson, M.D., Ph.D., FACOG, received his medical degree and doctorate in genetics from Yale Medical School. He went on to complete his residency in obstetrics and gynecology at Yale-New Haven Hospital and his subspecialty training in reproductive endocrinology and infertility at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. He has expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of infertility, including in vitro fertilization, donor egg treatment, endometriosis, polycystic ovary syndrome, and preimplantation genetic diagnosis. He utilizes both his clinical experience and extensive background in genetics research to optimize patient pregnancy and live birth rates. Dr. Sasson has been featured in many publications, including Main Line Parent, Philadelphia Life, and Suburban Life. He has also appeared on The Katie Couric Show in a segment highlighting male factor infertility and on CBS 3 Philadelphia, where he discussed technological advancements in fertility treatment. Originally from Monmouth County, New Jersey, Dr. Sasson is married with three children and enjoys yoga, spinning, hiking, and woodworking. Dr. Sasson is currently associate residency director of ob-gyn residents at Lankenau Hospital outside of Philadelphia. He is a member of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine, American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, Obstetrical Society of Philadelphia, and Philadelphia Area Reproductive Endocrine Society.

• English

• Female infertility
  • Male infertility
  • Infertility
  • In vitro fertilization (IVF)
  • Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
  • Endometriosis