Ratings for Dr. Inga Baumgartner

I've seen Dr Inga for PTSD due to sexual abuse of a whole life, let her know I was a risk to myself and that I had just been exposed to the trauma again, that I wasn't having a life because I hadn't slept in more than 40 days, and was having constant nightmares, flashbacks and triggering moments and she's told me to "hang in there and be patient" instead of reviewing my medication - something she said she was going to do. She completely changed her speech and was completely useful, a waste of time and money. I'm doing everything I can do help myself, psych, doctor, alternative therapies as it's been suggested to me and she has failed to help me with the only part that is beyond my control. After refusing to review my medication which is not helping, she gave a script for a tablet I couldn't buy at the chemist due to interactions with my current antidepressant. I don't understand how a doctor specialised in that area can mess this up so massively. So not what anyone going through trauma need: another disappointment and hopeless professional. Never going back again!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

Thank you! Made a real difference! I feel so much better after seeing Dr B

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

Awesome psychiatrist- been really helpful Knowledgeable about treatments and very caring

flag | Submitted August 2, 2017

never help me i been there 4 times but dose not get any better you pay big amount for nothing

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Inga for a couple of years now and she has really helped me turn things around. She's extremely practical and realistic. She tells you what she can help with but doesn't give you unrealistic expectations. She doesn't just put you on loads of medications. She explains very clearly side effects and limitations of medication. She is very caring and isn't intimidating like some doctors. She appears to be quite young but she appears to be extremely knowledgable about medications and new developments. I especially appreciate that she makes it clear that she's there to help me make decisions about my own treatment - unlike other psychiatrists I've seen she makes me feel in control of my own life and treatment in a positive way. She also doesn't make me feel judged - I don't feel like I've done something wrong if I need help. She listens carefully, she doesn't cut you off like some Drs. But she doesn't waste your time listening to the sound of her own voice - she's very straightforward and to the point. I'd highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2017

After a couple of apointments Iv found Dr B caring and practical. But also no nonsense. To start with I was a little disappointed as she seemed to only listen to me chatter on - she was very quiet, and who wants to pay someone else to listen to yourself talk?. But once the listening bit was over, she got straight to it. She doesnt waste time nad tells you what she thinks your options are. She does make you think a bit more deeply about what is going on in your life and what is actually within your own control to fix and where she is able to help. I now realise that the listening bit was actually really useful. She didn't focus only on medicating my problems either - she didn't just listen and then scribble a quick script. Medication ended up being a small part of the plan but only after she carefully explained to me what I could expect and the long term side effects. I had been on a medication for years from another dr and had no idea it had long term problems with my heart, until she pointed it out and we talked about alternatives. I'm sure she's not everyone's cup of tea (but who is). But she seems to suit me. It's only early days yet (I've only seen her a couple of times), but she makes me feel safe and secure when discussing some very distressing issues. I see others here have mentioned that she is quite gentle. I would agree. She has a gentle manner, and yet she is quite direct and very good at explaining things.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

Great doc really helped me listened understand and had great suggestions

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

Dr Baumgartner is quite gentle, and understanding. She came up with a very sensible plan to help me get back on top of things.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

Dr Inga Baumgartner is great. Quietly spoken, listens well and gets to the point quickly with layman terms (everyday english rather than technical medical speak).

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

Very caring - Dr Inga really cares about finding the best way forward for your situation. She really understands and gives excellent advice.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2015

Dr. Inga Baumgartner's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients