Ratings for Dr. Ilana Nayman

Having previously seen other therapists, I found Dr Nayman to be exceptionally warm and caring, highly professional and with exceptional depth of knowledge. Her demeanour is gentle & calm and I found her to be respectable of me as an equal during my treatment. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2017

Sadly, I didn't have a great experience with Dr. Nayman either. Was basically told I could take a course of medication or would need to see her twice per week for quite some time into the future. Couldn't afford the twice weekly therapy (had ceased work due to severe depression) and I feel the course of medication she prescribed was a bit overkill as I was a zombie while taking it. I'm not a medical professional so who knows, but I didn't feel I recieved the best care being her patient. Subsequent doctors were more successful in helping me with my condition.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

I just read the other review - I can see how Dr N could be a bit dismissive of patients struggle and find a way to blame the patient. This would be hurtful to someone who was vulnerable and needed a boost of strength to overcome their adversity. Not for you if you need sensitivity in your journey.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

I saw this doctor in 2008 in desperate need of care as I was suffering severe depression and the dose of anti depressant I was taking wasn't working. She told me if it wasn't working, to stop taking it and given my condition I would need to see her twice a week for probably two years. That's it. Two weeks later I tried to commit suicide and ended up in a psychiatric hospital for 3 weeks where I was diagnosed with major depression and bpd. The psychiatrist looking after me tripled my medication and added another which helped me tremendously and stopped the depression and gave me back my will to live. This review comes years later, as I came across her name but never forgot how by some miracle I didn't die and was put into the care of a professional who knew immediately what to do to save my life. I was desperate for help from this professional and all she could tell me was basically how hopeless my situation was and how I would effectively need to spend thousands and thousands of dollars twice a week over two years. If you are at your wits end and feel suicidal - don't go to see this person.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015