Ratings for Dr. Ian Harrison

Ian Harrison was my psychiatrist for around three years, and I can say I was so lucky to have found him. I had decided to get help one Sunday evening when I suddenly and seriously contemplated ending my life, after suffering with major depression for many years. He was simply the first psychiatrist in the phone book to have a free appointment. Ian is a consummate professional: deeply intelligent and deeply kind, a rare combination and the only one the best in this profession can have. As anyone who has been mentally ill knows, getting bad help is usually worse than getting no help at all. If you need to find your way out of despair, he is the one to guide you. Only now, with years of recovery behind me, can I see just how precarious my life was then. On days I thought were bad, but he knew might become worse than I could see, he would sometimes call me to check on me. With his help and my persistence, I made it through and now many years on I have led flourishing life since he helped me turn the corner. How can tiny words in a box on a screen convey how much I owe him? He simply saved my life and is a credit to the profession, who treat the most powerful yet intangible suffering there is. If you have made your mental health your priority, see him.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I attended Dr Harrison a number of times for a work related issue. Never having visited a psychiatrist before I was unsure of what to expect. There is a big comfy chair in a stately consulting room that feels like a lounge room. Dr Harrison was easy to converse with and to explain my situation to. He let me do a lot of the talking initially and patiently listened to the details of a quite complex, long term and difficult situation. He asked me questions about the different people involved, the timelines, incidents and my reactions/feeling to ensure he understood everything correctly. He made me feel like my opinion and experiences were important to his understanding and his advice. He did not jump to any rash or hasty conclusions and wrote a very professional report on my situation. He was willing to work with me at my own pace and was also able to come up with some extremely valuable suggestions on medication and recovery. I am delighted to have found a psychiatrist who is so respectful and accommodating, and able to add significant value where it is needed. Obviously I recommend Dr Harrison to others.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

Dr. Ian Harrison's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients