Ratings for Dr. Ian Comeau

While reading all the nice reviews people were leaving for this doctor, I couldn't help but wonder if this is the same doctor I had an appointment with. The doctor I saw was rude and arrogant, spent 2 minutes with me but still managed to make me cry with his insensitive comments on my pregnancy. I would never go see him again.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

Very cold and rude, answers your questions with one word and doesn't take time to explain anything. He made me cry on my way home after my first appointment of my first pregnancy. I will definitely change a doctor. Staff is also rude for no reason.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

Very nice doctor. Takes time to explain and answer questions. Could see that I was nerveuse and he took the time to phone at home to say the test was normal. Very appreciated.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

He is very kind, knowledgeable and provided answers to all my questions. He took the extra time to deal with my concerns and obvious nervousness. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Had a d&c performed after miscarriage. Dr. Comeau took the time to answer all questions and his kind words before the operation helped to ease my nerves and emotions that were running high. I highly recommend this dr.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

Docteur Comeau m’a opérée pour des fibromes en janvier, avec succès. Durant mon hospitalisation, il m'a rendu visite chaque jour, et j’ai apprécié. Je souffre aussi d’un kyste à l’ovaire qui m’a forcée à aller aux urgences. Deux spécialistes m’ont confirmé qu’il y avait hémorragie, malgré ce que Dr. Comeau m'avait indiqué initialement. Il est vrai qu'il manque parfois de tact et devrait améliorer ses relations interpersonnelles. Je ne crois pas qu'il soit foncièrement mal intentionné, mais il lui faut en effet plus d'expérience. Il semble toutefois sincèrement vouloir aider les gens, ce qui est positif.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

I guess this doctor's bedside manners depend on the patient he his working with. While he is somewhat competent as a surgeon, he certainly won't win any points with me in the courtesy department. I find him very short and curt, if not just plain arrogant. He responded to my questions with one or two word answers, that is when he even bothered to give an answer. I felt dismissed and ridiculed at times. My concerns were not taken seriously. I think he lets the fact that he is young and accomplished go straight to his head. He is very full of himself. I have asked to see a new doctor. What an amazing difference! My new doctor is kind, gentle, patient and has an amazing rapport with his patients. He has been in the profession for over 20 years and it certainly shows. Dr. Comeau has a very long way to go come to that level of excellence and to improve his behavior towards some of his patients. He should treat everyone equally with the same attention and care. With a few years of experience, he might somewhat improve. For now, I must say I am deeply disappointed with him on a human level.

Submitted April 4, 2017

Dr. Comeau followed my pregnancy, which was very hard from the beginning. He is very nice, patient and caring doctor. He never rushed our appointment, he always took time and made sure that I'm leaving with confidence that everything will be fine. The times he didn't know the answers, since I was a special case, he always contacted my other doctor that was following me to make sure that me and my baby are safe. He always got bacj to me with answers. He even called me few times between appointments to make sure that everything is fine. When I gave birth he came to visit me at the hospital. I'm sure the more problematic pregnancies he will follow, he will master his skills and will be even better professional! We all started somewhere and it's great that he doesn't have ambitions and acts like he knows everything, if he doesn't know, he will do his research and will get back to you.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

He is nice and very patient doctor but at the same time, he needs a lot of experience to satisfy the patients. I'm pregnant and I was in trouble last week, keep asking him, how it happened, wts gonna happen now... But he had only one answer, we don't know....I got very disappointed but have no choice, have to follow him.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

He is a nice doctor but needs a lot of experience. I don't really recommend him at the moment as he needs more practice with the patients. I saw him a few times but I can tell that he is not fully confident and experienced. He needs a few years to know his work properly. He is nice, but nice doean't mean he knows what he is doing!!! I am waiting to see my doctor Sonja Bodmer again as he is now on her maternity leave. I will waite for her to come back!!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2016

Dr. Ian Comeau's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

GHI