Ratings for Dr. Hugo Stevenson

My son is a patient of Dr. Stevenson’s. Prior to finding Dr. Stevenson, I spent a great deal of time researching to find the “right” psychologist. Having met Dr. Stevenson for the first time, I knew right away that he had the ideal skills and techniques suitable for my son’s needs. My son's condition is very complicated; he has had a personality disorder from a young age and has recently been diagnosed as being schizophrenic. After a couple of sessions, Dr. S. correctly identified the issues and set about providing suitable counselling. He starts out with building the trust with his patient. It is clear that he has extensive knowledge and experience in treating mental disorders. He is a very caring and compassionate doctor, would call my son late at night to see how he is doing. I am very grateful that we have found Dr. Stevenson and will continue to see him. I highly recommend Dr. S as a psychologist to treat multiple mental disorders.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

I would recommend him to family and friends and first responder collegues! Personable, patient orientated focus, with emphasis on hearing the client out, and then allowing great feed back, and ability to remain constructive and fair. Hugo has a unique strong ability to put things into perspective that have remained out side of my focus.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

He has been a great help to me and my family over the past year.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Stevenson’s for the past few years. After many, many years of trying to bury my past trauma, I decided to seek help and found Dr. Stevenson. From our first appointment, he was patient and understanding, allowing me to build trust in him, which enabled me to finally open up at my own pace. Dr. Stevenson is a kind, insightful and compassionate doctor. He listens, challenges, encourages, educates and makes his patients feel at ease and comfortable. I am extemely grateful that I found him!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

Professional, friendly and very knowledgeable. He's patient and caring. Helped me sort out a lot of my issues. Advices are great and helpful.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

Working with Dr Stevenson is like talking to an old friend with incredible insight. He definitely opened my eyes and helped me leave an abusive situation. I highly recommend his work - he has great patience and understanding.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2015

I was previously seeing another dr and I decided to switch as I felt the original dr wasn't a good fit for me. I must say I'm happy I made the switch. Dr. Stevenson is an incredible doctor. He is kind and compassionate. He really cares about his patients and their well being. Speaking with him comes easy as he make you feel very comfortable. I have noticed a big difference in myself since I started seeing him, all positive changes which I contribute to his help. I would recommend him in a heart beat.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2015

I found Dr. Stevenson to be very professional, personable and caring. He helped me develop strategies to cope with upsetting things in my life, and also helped me accept and deal with things I couldn't change. I feel very fortunate to have been referred to him, and would recommend him with no reservations.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Dr. Stevenson has been my therapist for the last four years. He is an excellent therapist: thoughtful, extremely empathetic, and very intelligent. I am lucky to have found him. He helped me a great deal.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Very caring & compassionate, good follow up to ensure you remain on a positive path

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

Dr. Hugo Stevenson's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

AHC