Ratings for Dr. Heidi McNulty

For first appointment waited over an hour. McNulty is friendly but doesn't inspire confidence. Her staff seem disorganized and confused. She performed two basic in-office procedures, both of which were clunky and uncomfortable and required her searching around the room/office for supplies that she was missing or couldn't find. Would have liked more in depth discussion of options and treatment ideas. Received distressing lab results, but she did not call and instead had a nurse call who did not know the details of my situation. Then took multiple days for me to track her down for a more detailed explanation.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

She will nod and listen to my concerns but she often doesn't have many ideas of what tests to run or what next steps we should take. She has been helpful in that she is has been open to referring me to other specialists and to run any tests I request. I would appreciate a doctor that would be a bit better about laying out a treatment plan or strategy or at least explain to me her train of thought. I often leave the office with more questions than answers. There have been several instances where she has confused me and my symptoms with other patients, and actually recommended treatments that didn't make sense for me (for example, I am chronically constipated but she recommended I take iron pills. When I inquired about the pills potentially being constipating, she replied that she thought I had chronic diarrhea?) . Easy mistake I guess, but I sort of expect my doctor to remember things like that or to at least look them up in my chart before making recommendations. Unlike other doctors in the clinic, she will not respond to any questions I send through the e-messaging system (her assistant always responds to call the physician on call or to make an appointment to see her). I stuck by her for a few years but have since switched doctors and am glad I did.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Dr. Heidi McNulty's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

Top Hospitals in Davis, CA