Ratings for Dr. Harinder Singh Brar

We are very fortunate to have doctors like Dr. Brar be a part of our health care system in Canada. There aren't words to describe his skills and bedside manner. He is truly an outstanding surgeon who performed a very challenging surgery on me with great success. He is simply the best! His team at VGH and BCCA is amazing and you can see why they respect him soo much. I highly recommend him. First class experience from start to finish.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2019

Dr. Brar is a wonderful doctor. After being diagnosed with uterine cancer he explained to us all the necessary steps. He is very knowledgeable and patient and when time for surgery came I specifically asked for him as the surgeon. Best decision ever! He always has a smile on his face and is very reassuring, his bedside manners are impeccable. Thank you Dr. Brar and your team!

flag | Submitted May 28, 2019

We would like to appreciate Dr. Brar and his team for the excellent surgery on my mom. Dr. Brar and his team are very professional and skilled. He explained everything before surgery and after surgery and he called my mother after the lab results came back that fortunately everything was ok and he said she is cured now.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2019

I have ovarian cancer and had to have a bowel obstruction dealt with a colostomy on an Emergency basis. Luck of the draw...Dr. Brar was the surgeon. Very impressed with his knowledge, compassion and communication skills. He patiently answers questions and the surgery went off without a hitch. He saw me twice in hospital during my stay and was very reassuring. Nothing but good things to say about him.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2019

"Rockstar" and a "Godsend" are the only words I would use to describe Dr. Brar and his team at VGH. I have stage 4 endometriosis and a history of Chrohn's disease because of which I have had multiple surgeries on my belly. I spent the last two years in pain and miser. In July, I was diagnosed with a mass on my ovary and the word "Cancer" started being thrown around. Two surgeons tried to operate on me and on both occasions they were not able to do the surgery and stopped half way. After being cut open twice I was told I was too complicated and that "No Surgeon would ever touch me". The mass on the ovary continued to grow and I was placed on pills the put me into menopause. The possibility of a Cancer still remained and after the mass grew again in October I was referred to Dr. Brar and BCCA in Vancouver. I met one of the junior doctors first and then Dr. Brar. He held my hand and looked me straight in the eyes and said that I needed surgery to take the mass out. He did not think the mass was definitely cancerous but because no one had been able to perform surgery on me he agreed to do it. This is despite that fact as a cancer surgeons he only performed surgeries on Cancer patients. He even agreed to perform the surgery laproscopically. I had tears in my eyes. When I told my family doctor about it he could not believe someone was willing to try this let alone using the key hole technique. I was told to be ready for a big cut. Eventually I had my surgery with Dr. Brar and he proved everyone wrong. He was able to do the entire 4 hour surgery using small incisions and I was home the day after Surgery. All my pain was gone. Three weeks later when Dr. Brar called me to tell me there was no Cancer I could not control my self and broke down crying on the phone. This man not only saved my life but changed it so that I can now live it without pain. His team of nurses and junior doctors at VGH are the best in the world. After losing faith in our health care system, I for the first time, felt so proud to be a Canadian and have access to such an amazing and empathetic team of doctors. Dr. Brar has been nothing short of a god sent for me. This is the best gift I would have received this Christmas. May God bless him.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2018

Dr. Brar is a wonderful surgeon. From the first visit to the last he has been professional, caring and diligent. He has an exceptional team around him at BCCA and VGH and he leads that team by example. My gynecologist referred us to him by name and raved about him. After our first visit I could see why. I was offered an earlier surgery date with a different surgeon but we insisted that only only Dr. Brar do my surgery. He was able to do a highly complicated cancer surgery using small laparoscopic cuts rather than a big cut allowing me to recover quickly and start my chemo. He has given me a new life. Throughtout this process he has nspired confidence and courage. In addition to being a highly skilled surgeon, he has wonderful bedside manner. A real gift to his patients.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2018

Dr. Brar went above and beyond while I was under his care (June-July 2018). He ensured to see me on a regular basis while I was in the hospital and recovering with family. He took the time to listen to and respond in layman's terms that my mother and I understood. Both times I was his patient he ensured my well being. The team at VGH/BCCA were supportive and encouraging. I highly recommend a compassionate him as a doctor and surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2018

Dr. Brar was my mothers Gyne oncologist when she was diagnosed with an advanced stage cancer of her ovary. He is an outstanding surgeon and has a wonderful team that works with him. He was able to skillfully remove all the cancer. He is very caring, professional and definitely the expert at what he does. The team at VGH /BCCA was outstanding. Very impressed and deeply grateful that we were able to have him as my mum’s surgeon.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2018

Dr. Brar is such an amazing doctor. You will be so fortunate to have him as your surgeon . Thank you for your help. Josephine B. Aug 20, 2018

flag | Submitted August 21, 2018

Dr. Brar was my gyne oncologist when I was diagnosed with a rare ovarian cancer called adult type granulosa cell tumour. He performed a total abdominal hysterectomy, R salpingo oophorectomy and omenectomy. I had been diagnosed with a DCIS breast cancer only weeks prior and Dr Brar was exceptional at being kind, caring and compassionate with all that I was dealing with. I too was very anxious of the unknown but grateful for the plan in place and how quickly things were moving. The entire gyne/oncology team at BCCA & UBC were exceptional. Dr. Brar was very knowledgeable and attentive. Rachel a Dr on his team held my hand as they put me to sleep and I was so moved by her gesture. While recovering on the unit, Dr. Brar and his team were absolutely amazing at checking in and caring for me. I am so impressed with Dr. Brar - if he is your surgeon / gyne-oncologist, you are so lucky & will be in excellent hands. He has given me hope and comfort moving forward as my OV type of cancer has a long term chance of reoccurance.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2018

Dr. Harinder Singh Brar's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

MSP/BC Med