Ratings for Dr. George Blair-West

Whoever left the negative review below about false reviews has clearly never read George's books. I saw George for 12 months the process has changed my life and given me insight and the tools needed to suceed in business and my relationships. I couldn't recommend highly enough

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

I have been seeing George for many years. He Is a rare find. A very good Psychotherapist and over the last 5 or so years I now can say I am a Very different pereon. George is knowledgeable and because of him I have found purpose in my life and I am able to hold healthy relationships. The biggest thing that makes George different is that he loves what he does and isn't just going through the motions. He actually cares about his patients and his only goal is to see them grow.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

I also think the doctor wrote his own reviews below. He's a smart and creative psychiatrist. He didn't help me much, but I think he tried. Thanks for trying.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

I came to see George after my third divorce after a friend of mine suggested I see him. Clearly I was doing something wrong but I had no idea what. While at times I felt like George was taking me apart (at the seams), I was reassured by the way he was prepared to explain exactly what he was doing while at the same time he seemed to intuitively know where to go next in helping me to see what I was allowing to happen in my relationships. Now I'm in the healthiest relationship I have ever been in! We will see how it turns out ...

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

My wife and I read George's book Weight Loss for Food Lovers several years ago. We both enjoyed the book and I suggested she go and see him. I came into a few shared sessions and enjoyed his logical and practical solutions to problems we were having. I decided I would like to see him for myself and have enjoyed thought provoking sessions.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

I had read two of George’s books (I absolutely loved, 'The Way of The Quest’, I can see why it won the awards!) so you can't imagine my delight when I discovered he was in Brisbane. The Quest is all about finding your meaning and purpose in life, but it was just a great story about how love and relationships really work! I had seen several psychologists and one other psychiatrist before I found George and it was so refreshing to see someone who was passionate and thoughtful about their work. He was the first therapist to really take the time to understand me and what had happened to me. Unlike the others, he is a true psychotherapist. Whereas the others seemed to tell me what I should do, he helped me to see how my mind was sabotaging myself. EMDR was fascinating. It showed me how my mind worked at a deeper level and what was behind emotions that would otherwise confuse me. I finally made sense of why I had been doing what I was doing - that was the beginning of real change for me as I understood where my issues with intimacy came from and exactly how to stop screwing things up. He really has a gift for this kind of work and I would throughly recommend him to anyone looking for psychotherapy and accelerated personal growth. I would also like to thank his two secretaries - always warm and caring - they made me feel like I was perfectly normal - not like the nutter I felt I was at the beginning!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

The trouble with Dr George is getting in to see him! He is so in demand - I know that currently his books are closed to new patients. I had seen both a psychiatrist and a psychologist previously, but George was very different, he does not just chat with me like the other two did (or try to push drugs on me like the psychiatrist did) he used very specific strategies (like EMDR and Internal Family Systems) to help me work out what was holding me back in my life and in relationships. I like the way he explained why he was doing what he was doing and encouraged me to question his therapy at any time if this was not clear - this was so refreshing! The first thing that surprised me was how detailed a history he took. For the first 3 sessions he went through my life with a fine tooth comb. I felt like I was really seen for the first time (in a way that my parents never had). Using EMDR it became apparent that my problems with my partner, and with intimacy, went back to when I was sexually assaulted as a teen. I remembered it, but had tried to push it out of my mind and leave it in the past. EMDR was a bit like magic when they show you how the trick is done, in that it revealed to me how my mind was confusing my partner with the person who assaulted me. We are now so much better together and I feel like a new person. I cannot thank George enough. It may take a while to get in to see him but ask his very helpful staff to put you on his waitlist.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

Dr George was amazing. I have been to multiple therapists over the years and have some terrible experiences, however he was spot with what I needed. As a victim of childhood and adulthood sexual assault George utilised multiple avenues to assist with my Anxiety and Depression, that have enabled me to live a fulfilling life. Undertaking EMDR has eliminated the terror I used to relive every day, I am able to talk about my experiences, connect to why I behave the way I do and correct my behaviour to what I desire. I no longer feel trapped by ragging anger or being a victim. George is highly skilled and friends and family have been recommended to him, successfully gaining his expertise. Life changing. Would highly recommend Dr George Blair-West.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

Absolutely the most arrogant person I have ever had the misfortune to meet. He is so full if himself and told me all about how great he was,how many books he had written and how he was an expert on weight loss and relationship therapy. Meanwhile the clock is ticking and I am paying a fortune to listen to him brag about himself. my problems were secondary. He is a dreadful doctor and quite the fraud. Don't waste your time or money.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

This psychiatrist asked the receptionist to lie to me to say he was not taking on new patients when in fact he was - he just didn't want my case. I have a problem with someone who gets their staff to lie instead of just being upfront and saying he doesn't want to accept the referral. I know it was a lie because I then rang pretending to be a different prospective patient and the receptionist proceeded to book me in. I confessed it was me and she admitted Dr Blair West got her to lie! It doesn't say a lot for the man's character. He does have a website and you can find out more about him that way...

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015