Dr. Gavin A. Falk

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Gavin A. Falk

Me and my daughter were in a car accident and Dr. Falk was a tremendous help. He is very knowledgeable and went the extra mile to help us out. I would suggest him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

Our nine year old daughter is medically complex and so we have seen innumerable doctors from many specialties. Dr. Falk is one of the best. He has kept all of our daughter’s complex issues in mind as he evaluates what needs to be done and what can be done in helping her diverse issues. He has been compassionate and patient. He is very intelligent and humble. He has an excellent bedside manner. He listens to what I know of my daughter’s condition and is able to explain things in a clear and understandable way. He has performed three surgeries on our daughter. I cannot recommend him highly enough. By the way, we live three hours away from Kalispell Regional Medical center. Medical staff of this stature in this hospital make it well worth the travel for the care we have received.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2018

Our 2 1/2 month old son had to have emergency malrotation surgery. Dr Falk is extremely knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. He remained calm and is an excellent surgeon. I would highly recommend him to anyone that needs pediatric surgery. Our son is doing very well after the surgery and he is healing up quickly.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

Dr. Gavin A.Falk and his team saved our baby boy while he was only 6 weeks old. Our son became very sick and was having a tough time breathing, we brought him to kalispell regional where he was admitted, originally we all thought he had viral pneumonia, turns out it was a lot more severe than that. Our son was diagnosed with congenital lobar emphysema.. a very rare disorder where a lobe of your lung will take in air but won't release any, as you can imagine your lobe that is affected essentially becomes like a baloon and keeps getting bigger and bigger.. our sons middle lobe on his right lung was affected and reached the point where it was collapsing other lobes of his right lung and pushing his heart into his chest cavity causing irregular blood pressure and heart beat. Dr. Falk and his team decided they needed to remove that middle lobe and if they hadn't our son wouldn't be here today. Dr. Falk is the best and children of montana no longer have to be transported to Seattle or denver.. they can get the top notch care they deserve right here in kalispell montana!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

In January 2017 my husband and I decided it would be in Marcy’s best interest for us to be PROACTIVE in her medical care instead of reactive. After much research and praying we decided to speak with Dr. Neuhardt about having a scheduled splenectomy performed for Marcy. Dr. Neuhardt agreed that taking this PROACTIVE approach would be in the best interest for Marcy. With that in mind we spoke about which team of Doctors would be best suited for this incredibly challenging and HIGH Risk surgery. You see Marcy’s spleen was the size of a football and to perform this type of surgery on a small child is difficult enough but to do so with the highest regard for not only Marcy’s safety but also for our religious beliefs, to have a BLOODLESS surgery, would be a monumental task. Dr. Neuhardt gave us a list of Doctors to interview and consider for this task, along with the list of Doctors we had already been acquainted with at UCLA Children’s Hospital. There were Doctors in California that said we were being unrealistic and that Marcy would not survive a BLOODLESS surgery. After much research and interviewing of Doctors, we chose to work with Dr. Gavin Falk and his surgical team. Not only did Dr. Falk and his team have tremendous experience working with High Risk Pediatric surgeries but it was his attention to creating a personal connection to Marcy that touched my heart. He never treated her like patient number X he treated her with dignity and respect. He wanted Marcy to have as much if not more confidence and trust in Him than we did. After all it was her life in his hands. Marcy has had much experience dealing with Doctors and because of her special condition with students as well, and she will tell you that she LOVES Dr. Falk! There are no words to express the feeling of how amazing it is watch the fear in your child’s eyes melt away because they have such faith and trust in their surgeon and his team. We spent 8 months working with Dr. Neuhardt and Dr. Falk and team to work up plan of action and prepare for this monumental surgery. Dr. Falk and his team spent many of sleepless nights doing research specifically for this special surgery, all the way up until D-Day. Due to this dedication Marcy’s surgery will be recorded in a Medical Journal for others to refer to. Her’s was the first of its kind to be performed on a child! Not only that, but the amount of blood she lost throughout the surgery was so minimal that we were left breathless; she lost only 10cc of blood! Unbelievable right!! Even more incredible was the rate at which she recovered. We were anticipating at least a 7-10 day stay post surgery, but we were there a mere 2 days post surgery! The Doctors and staff were blown away at this and could not find a reason to keep her admitted. By day 3 she was off ALL pain meds and feeling good but still a little sore. Marcy has continued to flourish and has for the first time been able to attend public school and is loving it. For the first time in 7 years we no longer worry that she is going to catch an illness and need to be hospitalized or worse. The tremendous weight that has been lifted off our shoulders due to the dedication and incredible work of Dr. Gavin Falk and his team is immeasurable! I want to give a special Thank You to each and everyone of the medical staff at Kalispell Regional Medical Center that aided in the care of our beloved daughter. Thank you doesn’t do justice but Thank You just the same. Daniel and Adaline Martinez

flag | Submitted January 8, 2018

Dr Falk was amazing with my sons appendix surgery.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

Life has a funny way of putting the right person in your path at the right time. My 15 year old son has had multiple surgical procedures and on surgery number three we were lucky enough to have Dr. Falk. He was honest and explained the procedure very well and made us feel that he was going to be in good hands. For the first time I really felt like we had someone in our corner. Surgery number four came with a much more invasive procedure. He again went over the options and explained everything very well. Dr. Falk is very straight forward, which I appreciate very much. I knew that which ever-way the procedure went, that he was going to do what was in the best interest of my son, and he did. I can't say enough about Dr. Falk and his staff. Every surgical procedure and every office visit is like visiting trusted family. We travel 3 1/2 hours to Kalispell to have the comfort of knowing our son will be in the capable hands of Dr. Falk and his staff. Kalispell and the state of Montana are very fortunate to have Dr. Falk with his caring, compassion, and expertise. If you are a parent pouring over reviews to find the best care for your child, I can tell you now with the greatest conviction to look no further. You've found the best! Dr. Falk, Rachael, Suzie, and Vicky, if you are reading this I want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. You are all amazing! Slainte!!!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

We are so blessed to have Dr. Falk in our corner! Our toddler son has been under his care since Nov 2016, requiring multiple procedures and we couldn't be more thankful that he is in such caring and capable hands. Surgery days are stressful enough for parents; but Dr. Falk honestly and simply explains our options, the care, the procedure as well as follows up multiple times with us to make sure our little guy is recovering well. He is a true asset to the pediatric medical community and we couldn't feel more relieved to have found Dr. Falk and his expert Team!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2017

I can't even describe how thankful my husband and I are to Dr. Falk. We live in Texas and my 11 year old son was at an academy in Eureka when it was discovered that he had appendicitis. He was taken to Kalispell, where thankfully, Dr. Falk was on call. Being 30 hours away from my son when he was ill was gut-wrenching. However, as soon as I talked to Dr. Falk - I not only felt like I was right there with my son, but I knew he was in good hands. Dr. Falk was very matter of fact - he didn't overdo the medical jargon (like some doctors tend to do) and he presented two different scenarios, allowing me to choose what I thought would be best for Logan. He face-timed me through every step of the way, allowing me to still "be there" for my baby. He was able to do the appendectomy that night AND he was able to do it using only ONE incision in the belly button, rather than the traditional three incisions. Logan's recovery time was nearly cut in half and it is not even noticeable that he had surgery! We are forever thankful for Dr. Falk - not just for his excellent work as a surgeon, but for his character and compassion. A true Godsend.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

While on vacation in Montana, our 12 year old son, was omitted to the Kalispell Regional Medical Center ER with a lacerated spleen, level 3 out 5. We were referred to Dr. Falk, a pediatric surgeon, that morning. Both Dr. Falk and Dr. Seifarth both reviewed his CT scan with my husband and I and answered all our questions. Our son was able to avoid surgery through Dr. Falk's guidance and monitoring. After 4 days of outstanding care and concern from Dr. Falk who visited three times daily and answered all of our questions. And I have to mention the young qualified caring and wonderful nursing staff in the PICU. It does not get any better than this Just wish this facility and Dr. Falk was in my home town of New Orleans, LA.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Dr. Gavin A. Falk's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Pediatric surgeon Gavin Falk, MD, became a member of the pediatric services team at Kalispell Regional Healthcare in August 2016. He joins Dr. Federico Seifarth in caring for pediatric surgical patients through the KRH Pediatric Services program. Dr. Falk studied economics and mathematics at Trinity College and University College Dublin, Ireland, and at the University of Edinburgh, Scotland, before going to medical school at the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland. Dr. Falk comes to Kalispell upon completing his pediatric surgery fellowship at Nicklaus Children’s Hospital in the Miami Children’s Health System in Florida. Prior to that, he completed his general surgery residency with the Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, and his internship at Beaumont Hospital in Dublin. Dr. Falk enjoys keeping fit currently through Crossfit, but previously completed the Boston and Dublin marathons and played rugby for many years. He is looking forward to hiking Montana and improving his skiing.

• English

• Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland (Grad. 2008)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Kalispell, MT