Ratings for Dr. Frederick Ma

Dr Ma is a very respectful and detail oriented doctor. Listens carefully without rushing, provides options and delivers results. he truly cares to see you get well and has one of the most humble bedside manners i have seen. 2years on and off for pain mgmt trigger point injections and feel wonderful. clinic is dingy and run down. old staff were wonderful compared to the new ones. wait times have increased and fyi not a walk in clinic anymore. i only come here to see Dr Ma. Everything else at MyoMed is meh.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

Since my car accident, I have migraines everyday and 10/10 i feel ashame to go to ER all the time for pain. My doctor gave me Relpax which sort of works but i started to take it everyday and nothing worked anymore. i was in bed almost everyday because I can't stand my headaches. dr. ma gave me nerve blocks for my headaches and helped me wean off my pain medications because i was getting withdrawals and pain from overuse. he then gave me botox injection for headaches. me and my husband are very grateful for his help i still have pain but i can live life again and not be in bed all day. I wish my neurologist was able to help me a few years ago

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Dr. Ma has taken care of me for the 2 year. He is very patient. He spends time talking to me in making health care decisions which other doctors avoid. I am 72 years old and dismissed as a surgical candidate. He has restored my life back. I remember seeing him and I was in a wheelchair. With his help I am able to walk again. I do need a cane occasionally. My daughter wants to see him and showed me this website. It comes as surprise that he gets bad ratings. The clinic is old and the staff looks confused sometimes. Some people in the waiting room are very rude and some have attitude problems. I don't know how he manages others but he has been very patient and kind to me.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Dr. Ma is very knowledgeable and he really wants to help his patients.​ He makes you feel very comfortable. The staff are quick to put you into the doctor/patient room & the wait to see Dr. Ma is never more than 10 minutes.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

I have also found the receptionist/doctor assistant very rude and dismissive. She was not very supportive. Dr Ma is however, a very knowledgeable and really wants to help is patients.​

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

Receptionist was rude and not very helpful. I was upset because I was not sure why I was not able to see Dr. Ma he has been treating me for the last 9 months. He's been very helpful in resolving some long term pain that I had from surgery. If he is no longer able to take patients we should be given reasons why because it isn't easy to go from one doctor to the next.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

Dr. Ma has been very helpful for both me and my daughter (age 2). He is knowledgeable and makes you feel very comfortable. The staff are quick to put you into the doctor/patient room, but sometimes you have to wait a while in there.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

I had several appointments with Dr. Ma last year 2015. From the very start I told the doctor that I wanted him to be my family doctor. Today I tried to book an appointment with him and was told I could not because he is not my Family Doctor, I could only be seen as a Walk In Patient. I feel rejected and dismayed. Is there something about me the Doctor did not like? Did I fall into the wrong income bracket? Is it because I am on Ontario Works? Is it because I am Black? Maybe I am fortunate because I did have problem with reception, more than once. The wait time was terrible, because my appointment time was some how mixed up. The receptionist today was unfriendly and unkempt !

Submitted February 17, 2016

Dr. Ma was very informative and helped address all my questions and concerns. He took his time , unlike the usual rush from other doctors that I have seen. I was a bit taken back at how young he looked when I initially met him , but by far he's helped me overcome a lot of health issues that a lot of doctors overlooked. I would definitely recommend

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

Dr. Ma has outstanding bedside manner. He was extraordinarily patient and addressed every one of my needs. He gave me multiple alternatives and guidance to treat my concerns and helped clarify my misunderstanding as they arose. I will certainly be returning to Dr. Ma for my medical concerns.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015