Ratings for Dr. Fraser Cameron

I was worried when we first had to change family physicians. When we met Dr Cameron he was a good fit right from the start. He’s very knowledgable, friendly easy to deal with. The majority of the staff are great. I think he’s a great addition to the physicians in our area. My family and I have been quite happy with Dr. Cameron. He is provided us with fabulous health care. He’s the type of doctor that doesn’t stop till he finds out what’s wrong and get you treated.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

The one appointment I was able to get with him I found him to be very kind, knowledgeable with excellent bad side manner. That said, it’s basically impossible to get an appointment. No one picks up the phone, you can’t leave a message and you can’t book a future appointment. Very frustrating and it basically leaves me going to the ER or walk in all the time.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

Dr. Cameron is knowledgeable and has an excellent rapport with his patients, based on my experience with him. However, I feel his staff and admin processes need improvement. It is impossible to get someone to answer the phone when I call and unfortunately his system does not allow for anyone to leave a message. Furthermore, if you go into his office to schedule an appointment, if he is fully booked that day you have to either call back the following day or go into his office and hope that he will have time that day to see you. If not, you have to repeat the process. Alternatively you can go to the walk-in clinic and wait about 1 1/2 hrs to see a doctor. I find this very worrisome and unacceptable. Dr. Cameron is providing a government health service and should revisit his operating procedures (booking appointments) from a customer perspective. Only accepting appointments daily or one week at a time does not serve the community well. I am very disappointed with how the office operates. Need for changes doctor. How about looking at best practices among other family physicians?

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

Dr. Cameron is the most professional and caring doctor I have seen in my thirty years (and there have been a lot of them). He has taken incredible care of my entire family, and helped us through an extremely rough year healthwise with our toddler, and then saw me through my last pregnancy with patience and compassion. He trusts my mama instincts and keeps my concerns in mind while making his recommendations, and I have never felt so respected by a medical professional. I truly feel extremely lucky that he took on our family when he began his practice. As well, his office staff are incredibly friendly, and his same day appointment booking is such a blessing! Knowing you can likely see your own family doctor the very same day if you or your children wake up with an ailment gives such a piece of mind. Thank you Dr. Cameron.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

Great young and knowledgeable. Recommend him. I found him willing to envolve you in your care.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

Dr cameron has been kind and very helpful ,,also takes time to listen , great Dr

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

This doctor knows how to take the care out of healthcare. He couldn't care less about you or your concerns. Why this man bothered to become a doctor is beyond me.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

Wrost ever. Hopefully you're not injuried and show up at a walk in Clinic that is open until 5pm and come in at 4:30 since he'll turn you away stating they are closed. No patients so plenty of time to take a patient. Young arrogance I suppose.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

This doctor was horrible. I brought my children to see him and he barely looked at my baby. He was super dismissive of my concerns and told me he "had a long line of patients to attend to" and left. What a complete 'donkey'. My husband also went to see him after weeks of a festering cough and was also told it was nothing. A week after he went to see another physician who was appalled at his condition. My husband had bronchitis that went into his lungs because this doctor claimed he was fine. After three rounds of antibiotics and a puffer it cleared up. As a new doctor who will hopefulky read thos rating please work on your bedside manner and please understand that although you may be a doctor you are not a God. To anyone who feels underdiagnosed please go for a second opinion. I hope he shapes up...or ship out of Northumberland County!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

My ratings for Dr. Cameron are based only upon the one visit that I have had with him, so are not valid. The "terrible" staff rating is primarily due to the abysmal phone and office procedures that are in place. Client service and communications technology seem to be foreign concepts to this medical office. I have seen Dr. Cameron once and he asked me to book a physical later in the year. That would be great if only I could contact his office to make the appointment. I would really like to know the secret to booking an appointment to see him. Patients (aka health care consumers) should not be obliged to go into a doctor's office to book. The phone answer system is totally non-functional; you cannot reach anyone, nor leave a message for a call-back and, to my knowledge, the office does not use email. The admin person at my specialist's office has told me that she also has difficulty reaching them. Like another person commented previously, we get better care by using the walk-in clinic, even though there may be long line-ups and it does not provide continuity of care - we actually get to see a doctor!

flag | Submitted January 20, 2017

Dr. Fraser Cameron's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients

Top Urgent Care Centers in Port Hope, ON