Ratings for Dr. Faren Akins

Dr. Akins' primary concern is a financial one, he does not serve his clients best interest only his own. He drags his feet when it comes to compiling information and creates constant delays with regards to meeting the the courts deadlines. He claims that he has the best interest of the child, but it is quite evident that he does not. His fees are exorbitant and he hounds your for payment in a very unprofessional manner. We received first and only invoice for $5,000 on a Friday afternoon, he proceeded to email us 3 times and call twice demanding it be paid by Monday, this is after paying him in good faith a $6,000 retainer fee! He also demanded we pay additional retainer fee for work he had not even completed yet! I would not recommend anyone uses his services, as I find him to be greedy, unprofessional, self-serving, and an embarrassment to his profession. He gets 1 star because zero was not an option.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

Dr Akins was assigned to our case to perform a custody evaluation some time ago and in hindsight I must admit that he did as a good a job as a Psychologist could have done given the difficult circumstances, almost. Also in hindsight, my ex was suffering from alcoholism and eventually it got so bad that she ended up in AA where she has finally begun the process of recovery. We have had seven Psychologists and none of them mentioned AA as a potential resource or any other ancillary services for this disease which they all should have recognized and probably did. My criticism is directed not just at Dr Akins but to the profession as a whole who I believe has an obligation to do everything they can to help their clients and if that includes recommending ancillary services which might include AA then it would seem to be a crime of "material omission" for them not to do make such recommendations to their clients. ARS 13-2310(A). Are all Psychologists in Arizona guilty of this class 2 felony? I expect reasonable disclosure. Does that make me crazy?

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

Dr. Faren Akins's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients