Bita
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge
(47)

"I found her to be very knowledgable and empathic. She listens, she helped me see what I..." Read more

Ratings for Eric Morris

Dr. Morris was truly all I needed. His insight and knowledge guided me towards a place where I feel I’ve overcome my issue. He is patient, empathetic and all other qualities you could ask for in a therapist.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2019

Dr. Morris really helped me find the tools to work on myself outside the sessions and, ultimately, it helped me surpass the issues I was dealing with. The only downside is the price.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2019

Out of the fire and into the frying pan: Working with Dr. Morris, I quickly, and I mean quickly, got to a place where I felt alright. It wasn't easy, but despite my depression, lethargy, he was remarkably effective at mobilizing me towards my goals (and beyond). A great tool he uses is his library; if he offers you a book, read it. He's a fantastic therapist to get your life back on track from addictions, depression, perfectionnism, you name it. I guess, though, I've really had a hard time trusting him with myself; he keeps a professional attitude, and we rarely worked on the therapeutic alliance or here-and-now. I'm only guessing, but maybe it's just not his style. I think he's a fantastic therapist, and deserves every glowing review on here for the help he's been. If you're reading this hoping to be convinced, I say don't think twice; call him up. You can always back out, but I don't think you'll want to! GL

flag | Submitted September 13, 2019

I'm not sure why there is such a hype around this psychologist. He charges way over the going rate and his interventions were mediocre at best. I wonder if he wrote himself his reviews. Please avoid.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2019

Like many people, I was very nervous about starting therapy, it took me years to overcome my insecurities and seek professional help. After months of research, I decided to book a session with Dr. Morris. My goal was to find a way to deal with my social anxiety and drinking problem, but to be honest, I was quite lost and unhappy in general. It’s been now several months of therapy; my anxiety improved a lot and the alcohol consumption is starting to finally get under control. Of course, some days are still difficult, but I feel that I’m moving in the right direction in life. Dr. Morris is extremely professional, non-judgemental and easy to talk to. During sessions, not a minute is lost, he knows how to challenge me, so I can push myself towards improvement. I can’t be happier with the choice of therapist I made and I would highly recommend Dr. Morris to anyone in need of help and guidance.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2019

Makes assumptions right off the bat without knowing anything about you. Pretty expensive and unproductive visit.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2019

Dr. Morris has taught me a new language - that of self expression, self esteem, self worth and confidence in my own ability to overcome life’s challenges. He has helped me tremendously in battling my addiction for the past three months, with suggestions that are easy to incorporate into my daily life. I am glad I opted for therapy, and would strongly recommend Dr. Morris.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2018

Dr. Morris is simply the best. He is the rare combination of being both brilliant and compassionate. He is non-judgmental and extremely empathetic and helpful. I highly recommend.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2018

I have been seeing Dr. Morris for a few months now and have found him to be very astute at identifying the patterns of thinking and behaviour that have become major obstacles in my life. He has suggested some very useful strategies to change my negative perception of myself and these have definitely contributed to improving my self-esteem. He is very easy to talk to and clearly very knowledgeable. I can say in all honesty that deciding to see Dr. Morris to resolve a number of personal issues has proven to be extremely beneficial to me and I would definitely recommend him to anyone who wants to improve the way they approach their problems and lead a happier life.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2018

Best therapist I've had and I've seen a few. He is direct, honest, and completely non-judgemental. He listens well and offers practical and insightful advice. I'm not at all afraid to be open with him as I have been with other therapists. He has helped me tremendously with my depression & anxiety. Would absolutely recommend him

flag | Submitted July 26, 2018

Eric Morris's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

My goal when working with clients is to develop a therapeutic atmosphere of safety, trust, compassion and unconditional support, through which I can help them to live more genuine, meaningful lives. We work together to uncover their particular psychological challenges and we develop concrete goals and solutions. I do this by using cognitive-behavioural strategies to help them examine and change the negative thinking patterns affecting their lives and relationships. I also think it is important to be able to manage one's emotions in a healthy way. To this end, I help my clients connect with their emotions using proven techniques, such as deep breathing and mindfulness, so that they can become more comfortable and in touch with their feelings and reactions. My office is located in NDG (Monkland Avenue) near Villa Maria metro.

• English

• McGill University

• Drug addiction
  • Alcohol use disorder
  • Anxiety
  • Depression (Major Depressive Disorder)
  • Borderline personality disorder
  • Bulimia nervosa
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)

HealthPartners