Dr. Eric Morris

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Eric Morris

Best therapist I've had and I've seen a few. He is direct, honest, and completely non-judgemental. He listens well and offers practical and insightful advice. I'm not at all afraid to be open with him as I have been with other therapists. He has helped me tremendously with my depression & anxiety. Would absolutely recommend him

flag | Submitted July 26, 2018

I had an unproductive session with him. We never got around to working on my therapeutic goal and I felt he wanted to steer the session in the direction of one of his areas of expertise.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2018

I found Dr Morris through Rate MD. I can attest to every positive review on here. He is highly knowledgable. He gets to the root of the issue quickly and efficiently. I am so grateful for his guidance and continue to grow and benefit from our work together.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2018

Dr Morris helped me tremendously in my personal life. He made me realize the source of my problems and gave me the tools to work on myself. Most importantly, he is non judgmental and cares. I will always seek hos help and definitely recommend him

flag | Submitted June 21, 2018

I haven't been seeing Dr. Morris for a very long time (about 6 months), but I really feel that the sessions I've had with him have greatly improved my mental state. He listens and tries to understand and I always leave with greater insight on what's causing my distress. He's helped me develop coping mechanisms that work best for me. I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2018

I have found therapy with Dr. Morris extremely helpful and would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

How does one get referred to such a doctor? My family doc, not any help. EFAP counselor set up by my company not much help.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

Dr Morris. Thank you very much, for your excellent support and help. I sincerely appreciate the value that you have added. Thank you!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

Although I’ve only had a few sessions with Dr Morris I find him very helpful. He seems to have a good grasp of who I am and what he says resonates with me. I’ve seen several therapists throughout my life and I find his methods more constructive. Dr. Morris really listens, is non judgemental and I can speak easily with him about very deep issues that I haven’t been able to discuss with other therapists in the past. He helps me derive a much deeper understanding of my thought process. He offers strategies that work.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

I had been thinking of seeing a psychologist for a very long time, but didn't know who to see, and who to trust. After many days of searching online, I finally decided to book an appointment with Dr. Morris. Before meeting him, I was incredibly nervous; would he judge me? Would I be monologuing the entire time? But Dr. Morris listened - actually listened - and offered great insight and precious advice. He is very knowledgeable, and you can feel he truly wants to understand and help you. He could see right through me, and I've learnt a great deal about myself in the process. He helped me learn how to challenge my demons, and I'm incredibly happy (and relieved) to say that after years of feeling lost and desperate, I'm finally learning to trust myself again and shutting off the voices that have been holding me back. To all of you who are in the same position I was in not too long ago, your search can stop here. I can't recommend him enough.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2018

Dr. Eric Morris's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

My goal when working with clients is to develop a therapeutic atmosphere of safety, trust, compassion and unconditional support, through which I can help them to live more genuine, meaningful lives. We work together to uncover their particular psychological challenges and we develop concrete goals and solutions. I do this by using cognitive-behavioural strategies to help them examine and change the negative thinking patterns affecting their lives and relationships. I also think it is important to be able to manage one's emotions in a healthy way. To this end, I help my clients connect with their emotions using proven techniques, such as deep breathing and mindfulness, so that they can become more comfortable and in touch with their feelings and reactions. My office is located in NDG (Monkland Avenue) near Villa Maria metro.

• English

• McGill University

• Drug addiction
  • Alcohol use disorder
  • Anxiety
  • Depression (major depressive disorder)
  • Borderline personality disorder
  • Bulimia nervosa
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)

• BCBS Illinois