Dr. Eric Morris

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Eric Morris

I have found therapy with Dr. Morris extremely helpful and would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

How does one get referred to such a doctor? My family doc, not any help. EFAP counselor set up by my company not much help.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2018

Dr Morris. Thank you very much, for your excellent support and help. I sincerely appreciate the value that you have added. Thank you!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

Although I’ve only had a few sessions with Dr Morris I find him very helpful. He seems to have a good grasp of who I am and what he says resonates with me. I’ve seen several therapists throughout my life and I find his methods more constructive. Dr. Morris really listens, is non judgemental and I can speak easily with him about very deep issues that I haven’t been able to discuss with other therapists in the past. He helps me derive a much deeper understanding of my thought process. He offers strategies that work.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

I had been thinking of seeing a psychologist for a very long time, but didn't know who to see, and who to trust. After many days of searching online, I finally decided to book an appointment with Dr. Morris. Before meeting him, I was incredibly nervous; would he judge me? Would I be monologuing the entire time? But Dr. Morris listened - actually listened - and offered great insight and precious advice. He is very knowledgeable, and you can feel he truly wants to understand and help you. He could see right through me, and I've learnt a great deal about myself in the process. He helped me learn how to challenge my demons, and I'm incredibly happy (and relieved) to say that after years of feeling lost and desperate, I'm finally learning to trust myself again and shutting off the voices that have been holding me back. To all of you who are in the same position I was in not too long ago, your search can stop here. I can't recommend him enough.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2018

I was very reluctant in booking an appointment with a Psychologist. I did some research on line and Dr. Morris name kept coming up in my search for a psychologist. I decided to go with him based on his reviews and I have to say my session was above satisfactory. He immediately put me at ease and to my surprise, just after one session I already began to feel better. I not only felt he was helpful but also very easy to adapt to his session and I find him to be highly intelligent. I now look forward to my sessions and find myself using many of his tools daily and easy to apply in many difficult situations. I highly recommend Dr. Eric Morris and he is worth every penny. You will not be disappointed. Anyone out there in search of a psychologist your search stops here!!!!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2018

Very knowledgeable, punctual, and a good listener. You can tell he has experience in the field. And don't let the pic fool you, he has a beard now!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

Dr. Morris is the best therapist I’ve ever seen. He’s helped me become more self aware. That was the greatest gift I got from therapy. He is incredibly knowledgeable and intuitive, he asks the right questions right away. Above anything, he is open minded and never judgmental which is something I really struggled with other therapists. I can not recommend him enough.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

This guy is great! I really researched who I would go see because I had enough of bourgeoisie people making me feel like I will have to take my darkest and scariest moments in life to my grave with me. I just needed to unload things that cannot be said out loud to others and I was not going to have a label put on me or pay someone to make me feel worse about myself. Dr. Morris is a master of 'therapeutic relationship'. He is completely non-judgmental, genuinely kind and very respectful. He is what I imagine psychologists are supposed to be. Someone to listen, completely void of judgment, and then support you in a decision making process that will allow you to move forward in your life feeling calmer, safer, more hopeful and happier about the world in which you live. Your world, your reality. Not theirs! I have sat in front of more than a few ' psycho-therapeutic professionals' and quarter of an hour into it I look at their face and think to myself; "Okay, you obviously think I am making this stuff up. One of two things will happen here. You are either going to decide I am truly delusional or I actually manage to convince you it is all true and I will have robbed you of your own innocence and sense of safety in the world. I don't want a label and I don't want to be responsible for making your world view as ugly as mine. I would really like to just go now." It takes a certain level of intellect and maturity to truly accept a reality that is nowhere near one's own experiences in the world and to not pass judgment. Not just say you are not passing judgment. To really listen without judgment is a tremendous skill. A skill which I believe can't be taught. I know it can't be taught because although many may have the same professional qualifications they are not, in reality, equally qualified. That is because many have a profession but very few have a calling. Dr. Morris has a calling.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

He is wonderful. Extremely attentive and spot on. Highly recommend

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Dr. Eric Morris's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

My goal when working with clients is to develop a therapeutic atmosphere of safety, trust, compassion and unconditional support, through which I can help them to live more genuine, meaningful lives. We work together to uncover their particular psychological challenges and we develop concrete goals and solutions. I do this by using cognitive-behavioural strategies to help them examine and change the negative thinking patterns affecting their lives and relationships. I also think it is important to be able to manage one's emotions in a healthy way. To this end, I help my clients connect with their emotions using proven techniques, such as deep breathing and mindfulness, so that they can become more comfortable and in touch with their feelings and reactions. My office is located in NDG (Monkland Avenue) near Villa Maria metro.

• English

• McGill University

• Drug addiction
  • Alcohol use disorder
  • Anxiety
  • Depression (major depressive disorder)
  • Borderline personality disorder
  • Bulimia nervosa
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)

MAMSI