Ratings for Dr. Eric Morris

He's super knowledgeable and you feel like every session is worth every penny as his therapy gets straight to the heart of the problem and progress is quick!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Dr. Morris is a very knowledgeable professional and I could not say the therapy is always a smooth ride towards happiness, I had my ups and downs, but I'm confident with Dr. Morris' help I will change eventually.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Excellent doctor, i went to see him thanks to this site and i was not disappointed. He is professional and excellent therapist

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

Eric is a wonderful psychologist ! He is very knowledgable and each session is very efficient and helpful. No second is wasted during the sessions. I highly recommend him to anyone who is going through some mental health issues. Put your pride aside (if you are scared to open up about yourself, your fears, worries..) and see HIM! Your life will change that's for sure!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

Dr. Morris listens and pushes at the right moments. I felt uncomfortable when he pressed originally because it seemed too firm and my past experience with therapists had been different, but I found myself thinking about and learning from my sessions with him more frequently than my other therapists. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Dr. Morris is a professional who has the ability to hound in on core issues and help individuals overcome the struggles in their lives.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

I struggled with addiction for more than 20 years, and tried many times to break free. It wasn't until I started the journey with Dr. Morris that I was able to get to the root cause - the underlying emotional issues that kept me trapped. Eric pushed me - sometimes gently, but more often firmly, to explore, acknowledge and challenge the self talk that was keeping me in that destructive cylcle. It's been over a year since I broke free and I am eternally grateful to him for making life worth living again. I Highly recommend Dr. Morris.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

Dr Morris provided direct and insightful feedback, helping me manage my self-esteem and anger issues Highly recommend this competent therapist.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

Would definitely recommend working with Eric. He's very approachable and easy to talk to. He does an excellent job of holding up an honest, compassionate mirror. He asks penetrating questions that really force you to look hard at your thought patterns, behaviours and the stories you tell about yourself. We've only had 3 sessions, and he's already provided me with very relevant/ helpful reference material. I look forward to further detangling some of the mental health issues I've been dealing with.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Dr. Morris is a very competent psychologist. He is a very good listener and asks the right questions to find out what the underlying issues are. It is thus possible to address numerous issues in a short period of time. I could open up and discuss for the first time problems I had always kept for myself. This in itself was a welcome relief. Dr. Morris is focused on concreted solutions and has been very resourceful in pointing me in directions where I could seek complementary help. Highly recommended!

Submitted March 18, 2017

Dr. Eric Morris's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

My goal when working with clients is to develop a therapeutic atmosphere of safety, trust, compassion and unconditional support, through which I can help them to live more genuine, meaningful lives. We work together to uncover their particular psychological challenges and we develop concrete goals and solutions. I do this by using cognitive-behavioural strategies to help them examine and change the negative thinking patterns affecting their lives and relationships. I also think it is important to be able to manage one's emotions in a healthy way. To this end, I help my clients connect with their emotions using proven techniques, such as deep breathing and mindfulness, so that they can become more comfortable and in touch with their feelings and reactions. My office is located in NDG (Monkland Avenue) near Villa Maria metro.

• English

• McGill University

• Drug addiction
  • Alcohol use disorder
  • Anxiety
  • Depression (major depressive disorder)
  • Borderline personality disorder
  • Bulimia nervosa
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)