Dr. Eric Morris

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Eric Morris

This guy is great! I really researched who I would go see because I had enough of bourgeoisie people making me feel like I will have to take my darkest and scariest moments in life to my grave with me. I just needed to unload things that cannot be said out loud to others and I was not going to have a label put on me or pay someone to make me feel worse about myself. Dr. Morris is a master of 'therapeutic relationship'. He is completely non-judgmental, genuinely kind and very respectful. He is what I imagine psychologists are supposed to be. Someone to listen, completely void of judgment, and then support you in a decision making process that will allow you to move forward in your life feeling calmer, safer, more hopeful and happier about the world in which you live. Your world, your reality. Not theirs! I have sat in front of more than a few ' psycho-therapeutic professionals' and quarter of an hour into it I look at their face and think to myself; "Okay, you obviously think I am making this stuff up. One of two things will happen here. You are either going to decide I am truly delusional or I actually manage to convince you it is all true and I will have robbed you of your own innocence and sense of safety in the world. I don't want a label and I don't want to be responsible for making your world view as ugly as mine. I would really like to just go now." It takes a certain level of intellect and maturity to truly accept a reality that is nowhere near one's own experiences in the world and to not pass judgment. Not just say you are not passing judgment. To really listen without judgment is a tremendous skill. A skill which I believe can't be taught. I know it can't be taught because although many may have the same professional qualifications they are not, in reality, equally qualified. That is because many have a profession but very few have a calling. Dr. Morris has a calling.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

He is wonderful. Extremely attentive and spot on. Highly recommend

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Dr Morris has been very helpful in many ways . I have been dealing with severe depression ,anxiety disorder & an eating disorder . Although it's been overwhelming to say the least , Dr Morris knows exactly how to deal with each issue & I'm finally feeling like I see the light at the end of this dark tunnel . I would highly recommend Dr Morris . He is very knowledgable in many areas .

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

Dr Morris has been exceptionally helpful as my therapist. He is very easy to talk to, has concrete and thoughtful advice, and a results orientation. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone who needs some help in dealing with depression, or other psychological challenges.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Working with Dr Morris is like doing a sprint as oppose to a marathon( I've had a much faster progress with him than other psychologists) he has lend me few very good reads that map out ways to get out of life traps(tendencies and thoughts that detract from wellbeing)

flag | Submitted August 25, 2017

Brilliant therapist! I came from the USA and spent a summer in Montreal. Before him I've tried few other therapists and even one "trauma therapist" for 2.5 years at a high cost. From the first 5 minutes, he knew what issues I have and started work in on that. He is firm and pushes you at the right places. You start seeing results after few sessions unlike other therapists who spend 4-5 sessions to get to know you and build a relationship Eric starts helping you from the first session. Also, he does not drag you forever like some therapists do. You do not pay for silly breathing sessions or chit-chat. Also, he understands narcissistic mothers and the damage they do. I grew up with a narcissistic mother and the other therapists I've tried before did not seem to understand how a mother can hate her children or be so cruel or be jealous of her children. He understands it very well.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

Of the two psychologists I've seen, it's night and day. Dr Morris helpful, attentive and professional. He is serious about his work and helping his patients. If you want to get better and need psychological help. don't wait, contact him.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I have seen many psychologists in my life but no one compares to Dr. Eric Morris. He has the ability to pull out of me things i did not even know about myself. You cannot fool this man, he sees right through you. If you need to face things and deal with stuff, he is the man for the job. I highly recommend Dr. Eric Morris, he is absolutely amazing !

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Dr Morris was able to read me from our first session. He is very knowledgeable, straight forward and pushes you to deal with your core issues. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

He's super knowledgeable and you feel like every session is worth every penny as his therapy gets straight to the heart of the problem and progress is quick!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Dr. Eric Morris's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

My goal when working with clients is to develop a therapeutic atmosphere of safety, trust, compassion and unconditional support, through which I can help them to live more genuine, meaningful lives. We work together to uncover their particular psychological challenges and we develop concrete goals and solutions. I do this by using cognitive-behavioural strategies to help them examine and change the negative thinking patterns affecting their lives and relationships. I also think it is important to be able to manage one's emotions in a healthy way. To this end, I help my clients connect with their emotions using proven techniques, such as deep breathing and mindfulness, so that they can become more comfortable and in touch with their feelings and reactions. My office is located in NDG (Monkland Avenue) near Villa Maria metro.

• English

• McGill University

• Drug addiction
  • Alcohol use disorder
  • Anxiety
  • Depression (major depressive disorder)
  • Borderline personality disorder
  • Bulimia nervosa
  • Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)

Commercial Insurance Company