Ratings for Dr. dr Christine A. Eckel

I had two of my mercury fillings replaced with composite by Dr. Eckel due to other medical issues. My two teeth were sensitive months after the work was done, which can happen in some cases. However when I had a x-ray with my Chiropractor, he pointed out that there was still some mercury left in those two teeth, which I witnessed myself in the x-ray films. I was not happy about this as the purpose of this dental work was to remove all of the mercury. I made an appointment with another Dentist to redo the fillings. During this check up I was told that at least one of the new fillings had shrunk and I had a cavity. This was only 5 moths after the new composite had been put in. This was my first cavity since I was approx. 10 years old . I am now in my fifties. Clearly this was not due to poor dental care from my part. Something was not done properly when the composite was put on. My new Dentist also told me that I need a crown for both of these teeth to have them done properly and lasting for a long time. I also just found out that my extended health care does not cover crowns or any other major dental work, so at this point I am unable to have crown put in. So I am unsure what to do since I cant afford a crown from my own pocket. Overall I am very unhappy with Dr. Eckel's work, which left me with mercury still in my teeth and an additional cavity which I did not have before I saw her. Visiting her is now going to cost me a lot of money, which I don't have.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Excellent dental office & staffs , full of knowledge and long time experiences

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Kind, knowledgeable and very caring doctor with a lot of experience. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

Agree, Dr. Eckel and team are excellent. She's great at what she does and very personable. You certainly don't feel like you are on an assembly line like i felt at the dentist at city centre (12th and cambie)

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Dr. Eckel, her assistant Ava and receptionist are a tremendous team. It is a pleasure to visit this dentist clinic. This woman dentist is kind, compassionate, caring and very knowledgeable. Her mind is inventive and if she does not have an answer she will search for it. I am so fortunate to have her caring for my teeth. The dental hygienist is excellent also and an asset to this great team.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

Dr. dr Christine A. Eckel's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients