Ratings for Dr. Dorothy Ogunlana

Took my child to this clinic to get treated for a normal ear infection. I have had good experiences at Bison Medical Clinic in the past. This was the first time dealing with Dr. Ogunlana. She checked his ear and confirmed in fact that it was an ear infection and provided me with a prescription. My child is allergic to penicillin. When filling the prescription, the pharmacist noticed she prescribed something that could potentially give my child a reaction due to his allergy. She ended up phoning the doctor to confirm whether the prescription should be changed. The pharmacist got off the phone and told me the doctor was adamant about keeping the prescription. When I got the bill it was $76 ---and that was AFTER I had deductions of 80% taken off..The medicine she prescribed for a simple ear infection was $181.00. HAS ANYONE EVERY PAID THAT MUCH FOR ANY PRESCRIPTION???? Anyway, I was upset with the drug they chose so I phone the doctor. She called me back and I told her my concerns about the allergy and the cost of this drug and her response was, "Well, I just prescribe drugs, I don't know the cost! I am not a Pharmacist" I told her, "Well, maybe you should find out the cost of these drugs because that is more than chemo drugs!" She was rude and condescending. I ended up having to call my trusted pharmacist at Costco to ask her if in fact the prescription was safe to take in the first place as there was an allergic potential along with spending $76. I will never go to her again. She is rude, sarcastic and I have lost all faith in her abilities as a GP.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2017

I matched with Dr Ogunlana through the Family Doctor finder program. My first visit was a “meet-and-greet” and after a few minutes of going over medical history, she accepted me as a patient and told me I could book another appointment for a physical. Okay, fine. When I returned for my physical, she was running behind but soon enough I was put into an exam room and told to change in a paper gown. I proceeded to wait for over an hour in the room!!! I could hear voices in the hallway saying Dr Ogunlana was seeing walkins.... all while I was awaiting a scheduled appointment! And being in a gown, I was unable to leave to the front desk to see what was going on... I finally left without even seeing the doctor, with no apology or explanation from the staff as to why I had been completely forgotten. I never returned, and would not recommend.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

Went to see her a a walk in patient, I had to remove sutures from a surgery. She seemed to know what she was doing, however for my surprise, she did not do it properly and I ended up with open incisions on both arms, it is going to take at least 6 weeks to heal. Worst doctor ever, did not ask anything assumed what needed to be done and did it wrong, now I am suffering the consequences of the malpractice.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2017

One of the best fema doctor that I have seen. Very friendly and easy to talk to!! She shows she cares wiht a smile when you arrive. She has never rushed me to go out and actually listens to me. I'm so thankful I found a female doctor that truly cares!!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

I was also appalled by her rudeness and lack of empathy! Will never see her again...

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Impatient, rude, English is not my first language, so when I asked her about the vaccine and she said everyone knows...it's not a big deal. So as a patient, what will be the circumstances that can be qualify the doctor's "big deal”?

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

Needed a doctor's note. Did not understand the form...I was almost told to stay home from work as a result! And that, after I waited an extra 30 minutes to clarify as I was not sure she had filled the form out correctly in the first place! She reassured me she had. Didn't seem to unserstand the nature of needing a doctor's note in the Canadian context. Not personally reassuring for me to go through this after having had a nasty flu bug...added to my stress!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

The worst doctor who is just a stain on qualified doctor's reputations. I am surprised how a person like this doctor would get certificate from our province. Zero knowledge in her field. God save poor people

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Dr Ogunlana seemed completely irritated by my presence and was outright rude to me, asked no medical history at all, practically rushed me out the door after spending barely 5 minutes with me for a so-called physical, and brushed off my question about a skin growth on my arm with "it's fine, don't worry about it" as she was edging out the door, wouldn't even look at it much less listen to my concerns. She was about an hour behind schedule both times I went to see her. I will not be going back. The clinic staff were good though, just not this doctor!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

Two months ago, I booked an appointment for myself and my wife to see Dr. Ogunlana as my family doctor was away. Our experience with this doctor was horrible, zero bedside manner. We were not offered to sit. She opened up our files on computer and asked who wants to be seen first. I was shocked and replied who you want to see first. Never asked how previous medications are working, how my health is now. As I said I ran out of medications she printed a prescription for me. That's it. I wish I had studied medicine. Book as many patients as you can and earn more and more money. Her receptionist who books appointments for her is the worst woman I have ever dealt with.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Dr. Dorothy Ogunlana's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients