Ratings for Dr. Dorothy Ogunlana

I myself am a family physician. I went to see her to confirm a home pregnancy test. She basically told me “so it’s positive. What do you want to do?” And that was the end of the encounter. No councillng. No congratulations. She does not have basic empathy nor medical knowledge. Her job was to set me up with a dating ultrasound. Also her front desk staff is rude. Just an awful awful inhumane experience.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

Love her. I switched doctors in August because my other doctor would always blame my diabetes for everything. Dr ogunlana listened and changed one medication and increased another. I since have a lot less pain and have more energy.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2018

put me on the wrong medication and caused me to go through withdrawal - also suggested there was nothing else to help me - horrible

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

Very vague. Didn't care about my problem and basically pushed me to leave.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

HORRIBLE and RUDE. My 8 year old has a swollen infected nail on her finger, we went there and Dr.Dorothy Ogunlana actually sent us home to get a clipping of her nail. WE WERE AT THE CLINIC already, why would she send us away? Made ZERO sense. Then we went back to see her around 4:30 pm so I could ask her a question, the finger looked bad. We waited 25 minutes, the nurse called our name and we walked to the office. She ABRUPTLY said, ' I AM DONE HERE, IT'S 5O'CLOCK!" I told her that the pharmacist even mentioned the finger is infected. She BIT MY HEAD OFF...saying that she was right and I was wrong and to basically get lost. I asked her why I even WAITED then? She just stared at me. It was horrible. My daughter was so upset and confused. She should NOT be practicing or dealing with regular human beings.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

I was lined up with Dr. Ogunlana through the Find a Physician program, because I wanted a female doctor. SHE WAS TERRIBLE. This woman should not be practicing medicine. Even at the first "meet and greet", she was abrupt, condescending, and impatient, wanting to rush me out the door. I had a back infection that I tried to see her for multiple times. The last time, my spine was so infected, it was standing right out from my back, and I was struggling to walk. She told me it was a "skin rash", and her advice was "put talcum powder on it". Luckily, I'm a medical student and I knew it was a bacterial infection of my spine. I saw another walk in physician who sent me to the hospital, and I went in for emergency surgery. The surgeon said if I hadn't gotten surgery quickly, I may have ended up partially paralyzed from the damage. It took fifteen calls between Manitoba Health and Dr. Ogunlana to "approve me" for insulin, which I need for my T1 diabetes. My pharmacist was giving me one vial at a time, since my prescription had run out while they "worked things out". Another stressful experience. Overall, I found her bedside manner appalling, her lack of medical expertise frightening, and I began to wonder near the end if this woman even had a medical degree. She doesn't seem to be qualified to do anything. I heard patients in the waiting room also commenting on overpriced prescriptions, misdiagnoses, and the resulting impacts of them. I've since started seeing a new doctor who is so much better, and I'd encourage everybody to do the same.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Sometimes you have to wait a while to get in however she is so friendly, and reassured me that I could ask her anything. She was empathetic and made me feel okay to open up to her.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

Go see her if you want to die. Miss diagnosed my symptoms and prescribed overpriced medications that are not effective. If I didn’t get a second opinion at a different doctor office, my condition could have been fatal.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2018

she is the worst doctor I ever seen very ,rude , and very poor medical knowledge .

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

My “Family” Doctor She is patient and understanding. I went in once with what I thought was just a bacterial chest infection, she listened & told me pneumonia & sent me for some tests & prescribed me medication & told me to come back after medication was gone.. she understood I have PKD & work with a specialist & she's been great with ensuring he is communicated with when I visit with her. She’s not he best Family Doc I have had to date.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

Dr. Dorothy Ogunlana's Credentials

No, this doctor is not accepting new patients