Dr. Davis L. Reames IV

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Davis L. Reames IV

Dr. Reames was wonderful from the first visit through post-surgery follow-up appointments. He took the time to explain my options in detail and allowed me to ask any questions I had. I was barely able to walk before surgery and following surgery my pain was completely gone.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2018

Dr. Reames explained the surgey that I needed to relieve my pain, he was right, he also told me that it would be a long recovery. I appreciated his frankness

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Dr. Reams is amazing. He is very detail and explains every procedure in a way that you will understand. Not only is he outstanding, His assistance Shantell and Tammy are wonderful. Dr. Reams is prompt.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

Dr. Reames was outstanding. He explained everything to me in a way that I can understand entirely. He even offered to talk to my parents ont he phone about the brain surgery I was getting because he knew I was stationed down in GA by myself. Before surgery he explained the entire surgery to my father in the pre op room. Dr. Reames also reviewed a CT Scan I got done in the emergency room and found something that the other DR missed and called me back to the hospital which just about saved my life. He is very thorough with his work and really takes the time to listen to his patients. His staff is absolutely outstanding. Shantelle and Tammy are very respectful and willing to help in any way that they can. Ive never had surgery until this past brain surgery and I can honestly say I felt very comfortable with Dr. Reames as my surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

Dr. Reames, is literally a life saver. I've had to work with him and his wonderful staff on more than one occasion. Each time has been just has pleasant as the last. Either working over the phone or in person. We still have a chapter or two a head of us. Until we can finally close this book. But with this Dr. and his staff I know I'm in the best of hands.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

The staff were very caring and gave me the best advise and knowledge that I could use to help me with my pain

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

Dr. Reames was extremely helpful thought my entire process leading up to back surgery. He made me feel very comfortable the day of surgery and performed it with excellence and in a timely manor.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

Dr.Reames is very thorough in explaining everything to you in a way you will understand. His staff is great! always smiling and friendly.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

This is the most helpful and caring doctor and staff that we have ever dealt with. Dr. Reames takes his time to explain everything to the patients comfort level. His staff is beyond friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

Dr. Reames and his staff are amazing! Friendly and breaks everything down for you.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

Dr. Davis L. Reames IV's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Reames is an expert in the field of complex spine surgery, minimally invasive spine surgery, and cranial procedures. Dr. Reames and his team are dedicated to providing their patients with care and compassion. Dr. Reames is originally from Sumter, South Carolina and completed his undergraduate and medical school degrees in Charleston, SC. He was inducted into the Phi Kappa Phi national honor society while at The Citadel where he graduated Magna cum laude. During his junior year at the Medical University of South Carolina he was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha honor society. He completed his neurosurgery residency at the University of Virginia. During that time he also spent 12 months in New Zealand practicing intracranial neurosurgery before serving as chief resident at UVA. He went on to complete a fellowship in complex and minimally invasive spine surgery at the Semmes-Murphey Clinic in Memphis, Tennessee where he gained special training in tubular spine surgery, robotic surgery, and scoliosis correction.

• English

• Medical University of South Carolina (Grad. 2007)
  • Citadel Military College of South California (Grad. 2002)
  • University of Virginia (Grad. 2011)
  • University of Tennessee Health Science Center Memphis (Grad. 2014)

• Spinal cord injury